SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

Forney on the top line? He can't even crack the lineup, let alone skate first line. Supposedly the kid has talent, but he has not earned the right to display it yet. Too many good players in front of him. I have nothing against him, but in all seriousness, he is already a bust. I realize that some of it is due to injury, but he's going to be a junior next year and he'll have like 20 games under his belt. At this point in the season, I do not believe that Forney or Davidson will see any ice from here on out barring injury or suspension.

Ummm OK.....He would do just as well as Miller. Please tell me how Miller deserves to play on the top line?? I just don't see it. He is about as strong on the puck as a third liner on Red River.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. He agreed but he felt he needed to keep 2 goalies dressed.

Everyone, Trunked-monkey has banned sarcasm from this board. From now on we must maintain 100% sincerity. ;)

Not the case at all - I just find it funny how you rip on players on the Sioux roster without making a legitimate case as to why he should not be on the first line. I feel any player is open to valid criticism but to suggest that Walski should skate for Miller is ridiculous.

IMO, Miller should not be on the 1st line either. I would rather see Kozek, Trupp or perhaps even Malone to do battle in the corners.

Last time Forney dressed I thought he skated and played pretty well. I agree with some that he would be at least as good of an option with Dunc and Osh as is Miller. I thought at this point in the season Forney would be getting more ice time?

Thanks! So has PCM given up on us at SS.com?

I don't know, but he hasn't posted in 2008... odd for him, that's for sure.

There was some heated debate in another thread, and is likely the reason he's stayed off the board for a bit. Probably good advice to all of us when some topics get a little heated, personal, etc.

It's really to bad if a couple of bad apples drove him away, I didn't always agree with him but I respected his view enough to not argue about it. People have to remember this is a message board and just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean your view is wrong just different.

Last time Forney dressed I thought he skated and played pretty well. I agree with some that he would be at least as good of an option with Dunc and Osh as is Miller. I thought at this point in the season Forney would be getting more ice time?

Put Forney out there, give the kid a chance to get some confidence. That would go a long way.

Put Forney out there, give the kid a chance to get some confidence. That would go a long way.

I agree. The kid has ultra talent. He needs to play more. Can you imagine if he gets going? Like I stated in a earlier post, it would be like picking up a mid-season recruit.

It's really to bad if a couple of bad apples drove him away, I didn't always agree with him but I respected his view enough to not argue about it. People have to remember this is a message board and just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean your view is wrong just different.

Since one "bad apple" has been kicked off the board for a while some other "bad apples" have not been as vocal. But I agree that some probably got tired of the profanity laced tirades against them and just said enough is enough ;)

What about Kozek on the top line? Is that a bad idea? I know you generally want to spread the scoring - but in the spirit of trying to find the right combos....

I am actually all for going back to Dunc Osh and VV and the other lines that we played most of the early part of the season with. It may be naive of me - but I think the reasons for many of those losses didn't seem to have much to do with the line combos as much as mysterious motivation (not REALLY the correct word -but closest I can come up with) issues. Bucci calls it playing with "jam" - the term kinda bugs me for some reason - but I understand it and I think we need more of it.

dunc osh vv and kaip watkins kozek is my vote for top two.

And as far as "after the whistle" stuff (as discussed in another thread) - it stems from the type of play that I think we need MORE of. Just an extension of playing with EMOTION - which we need more of right now. I'll exchange a couple charging, boarding, unsportsmen like calls for a bit of (ugggh) "JAM" right now.

All that being said - Hak has his Hockey Masters degree, and I have a Hockey special Ed certificate: so I will agree with him until he gives very good reason not to.

Ummm OK.....He would do just as well as Miller. Please tell me how Miller deserves to play on the top line?? I just don't see it. He is about as strong on the puck as a third liner on Red River.

go ask hak, im sure he will let you know why he thinks miller is on the top line for now ;) i could care less what the lines are on any night especially when we are getting wins so if it keeps up with miller on the line with osh and duncs then there is no reason to change at all.

he pulled a Okposo on SS ;) he will be back, uscho wont let him go straight to the show so we still have a chance :D

so PCM chooses not to post here right now. he still reads it, his recap is great so that will be the one trip to uscho i make a week.

now thats a hard hitting college hockey talk mesage board ;)

I agree. The kid has ultra talent. He needs to play more. Can you imagine if he gets going? Like I stated in a earlier post, it would be like picking up a mid-season recruit.

Well if he has ultra talent why can he not crack the line up after a year and a half. Something just is not adding up with Forney. Would I like to see him get more of a chance....absolutely but there must be some reason he does not dress. I don't think it is anything personal between coach and player.

Well if he has ultra talent why can he not crack the line up after a year and a half. Something just is not adding up with Forney. Would I like to see him get more of a chance....absolutely but there must be some reason he does not dress. I don't think it is anything personal between coach and player.

pretty simple on forney in my eyes..........he has had mutiple surgeries ove the last 2 years. not everyone can come back right away from them and some do not ever regain full strength. it may be a 4 year process with forney. you cant fault a kid for getting injured and having to undergoe surgeries. just happens in sports. im sure he is very frusterated he cant crack the lineup but right now hak sees other players that would give the team a better chance at winning. has to be tough for forney but he hasnt given up at all. and like you state, its not personal as do you think forney would still be on the team if it was? nope.

As a former third liner at Red River, I can appreciate that!!!

I am not a Miller fan either, but Forney is not game tested. It is a heartbreaking story about this kid, but clearly he is not showing Hak waht it takes to crack the lineup of a D1 powerhouse/

and i think a lot of that is due to surgeries he has had over the past couple years, really sucks for forney and i hope he sticks with it at UND.

Forney came in second in the accuracy competition after Duncan at the skills competition. They got the same number of goals, but Duncs did it faster. Forney has a wicked accurate shot. I really hope he can get to the point where he feels comfortable on the ice. He looked really tentative to me when he played here. I still thing he could be a great asset to the team when he get his confidence back.

Forney came in second in the accuracy competition after Duncan at the skills competition. They got the same number of goals, but Duncs did it faster. Forney has a wicked accurate shot. I really hope he can get to the point where he feels comfortable on the ice. He looked really tentative to me when he played here. I still thing he could be a great asset to the team when he get his confidence back.

i think skills competition is a bit different than wcha game speed and action as im sure you realize that. not knocking forney for that but lets hope he can crack the lineup his junior and seniors seasons as ya never know what lies ahead, lets hope only good things for michael!