SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

but you can't tell me that our defense is the same caliber it was when Brad Berry was here.

I don't think I would argue against that post at all. Berry leaving hurt a lot and UND hasn't been the same since.

Hakstol was a defenseman so I expect him to know the system.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personaly feel the Sioux have stepped backwords on Defense this year. How much do we miss Brad Berry. I think Dane has done a good job with the players one on one. (kozek) but we don't have a true defensive coach. What do you all think?

I agree, I think our d from the neutral zone back to JPL has regressed since the season started. Way to many careless passes which lead to turnovers which lead to goals, i.e. this past Friday night and into the first period on saturday. Plus could somebody please tell TJ that it is okay to shoot the puck. way too many times this season I have seen him be in a good scoring position and he passes the puck instead of shooting and we get nothing.

The freshmen are playing like freshmen. Marto is -5 this year.

Even though Taylor is having a down year from a specatator's perspective interestingly enough he is Even this year, and even on his career.

I for one am much more comfortable with him on the ice than either of the freshmen.

But your argument is comparing a freshman to a pre-season All-American. Not really apples to apples. Both D frosh have been better than average for freshman in this league. Chorney has not even been as good as last year. I just thought he would absolutely dominate this year. But Chorney still is very skilled and I see him making big plays from here on out.

I think Ben is doing much better now. He went home several weeks ago and I haven't heard really much of anything since then. I think it's just been an upward climb since the UW series (which was right after the MTU-UND split at Tech). I'm really thinking no news is good news here. It was definitely an emotional thing for the team and clearly for Coach Russell.

Thanks for the info!

I was watching the goals against Manitoba the other day and all lines were very productive on that night. Would it be smart of Hak to go back to those line combinations?

serious? wasnt sure eitherway but manitoba is a bit different than the top teams we have been playing in the country, then again you may not have been serious :D

So Oshie without the "A" for the rest of the season. I'd say that's sending a message. Greene didn't lose the "C" when he got a DUI. Oshie responded well last week, hopefully that continues. He's definitely a character guy.

Wow... Osh lost his A, eh? Bummer.

I think Greener should've been kicked off the team for his DUI. But that's only because I don't like him. ;)

And someone brings up John Scott in 3...2...

Well Frattin has pretty much been in a tailspin since the first couple games of the season. Miller does nothing for me but he must be doing something in practice to play on that line. He sure does not do much in the games. I am not surprised Osh loses the A. He needs to tone down the partying. If you are going to party at least realize you are a high profile athlete and will be in the paper should anything bad happen.

Wow... Osh lost his A, eh? Bummer.

I think Greener should've been kicked off the team for his DUI. But that's only because I don't like him. ;)

And someone brings up John Scott in 3...2...

Nobody cared that much about JS because he didn't do anything. I did like 2 years ago when Kozek dropped Scott in the corner with a bone crushing check and proceeded with the puck to beat Teslak like a rented mule. That was so cool, dude. JS might make it in the pros tho....Lemaire likes his game.

Nobody cared that much about JS because he didn't do anything. I did like 2 years ago when Kozek dropped Scott in the corner with a bone crushing check and proceeded with the puck to beat Teslak like a rented mule. That was so cool, dude. JS might make it in the pros tho....Lemaire likes his game.

JS will not make it in the pros...trust me he will be a life long minor leaguer just like our friend Danny "jersey pop" Irmen

Do you remember a fellow by the name of Ryan Hale? ;)

Do you remember a fellow by the name of Ryan Hale? ;)

Yes I do and what the heck does that have to do with Scott making it in the pros? Scott will never see a game in the NHL just like danny "jersy popper" Irmen. Hopefully they are roomies in Houston.

Miller with Oshie and Duncan?

Gosh, I'd rather see Frattin up there again.

Oh well. In Hak we trust.

Totally forgot Miller was on the team ;) . He has done absolutely nothing so far. Talk about a player that has be a no-show and has underachieved this year. Will be interesting to watch him this weekend and see what he brings to that line?

Totally forgot Miller was on the team ;) . He has done absolutely nothing so far. Talk about a player that has be a no-show and has underachieved this year. Will be interesting to watch him this weekend and see what he brings to that line?

Yeah I don't get it. How does he deserve to be on the top line and Forney cannot even get in the lineup. Come on Hak put Forney on that top line. I think that would be a much better choice than Miller.

Forney on the top line? He can't even crack the lineup, let alone skate first line. Supposedly the kid has talent, but he has not earned the right to display it yet. Too many good players in front of him. I have nothing against him, but in all seriousness, he is already a bust. I realize that some of it is due to injury, but he's going to be a junior next year and he'll have like 20 games under his belt. At this point in the season, I do not believe that Forney or Davidson will see any ice from here on out barring injury or suspension.