SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs NEW HAMPSHIRE

AZSIOUX

While I believe that you said that in jest, I do think a few of the third/fourth line players need to pick it up.

Hum say Martens, Zajac, Miller that hole group is playing at a horrible clip right now. I also expect that Frattin and Trupp will get more points in the second half of the season. I think we can hold off on the fire/shoot hak thread for a while.

sad, I like that thread. Highly entertaining. Seriously, the boys need to pull it together and play a full 60 minutes both nights. Get it going again like we know they can.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is a pure testament to our strength of schedule. Osh and Duncs would make it on points per game at 1.00 each. We have not had any teams that we can blow off the rink and have players rack up 4 or 5 points.

I have little doubt that if we played some of the cupcakes that other teams have we wouldn't have players with a few more points.

I wonder if it has ever happened before where no Sioux player was on the USCHO scoring stats list during the holiday break. I noticed there isn't a Mn player on the list either.

not too sure if we are lookin at the same list, because the list here shows the following:

Scoring: We have 5 players in the top 20 (Oshie (6), Duncan (8), VandeVelde (12), Bina (13), Chorney (18)) and 2 in the top 10.

Goals: We have 3 players in the top 20 (Oshie (6), Duncan (13), VandeVelde (14))

Assists: We have 5 players in the top 20 (Bina (1), Chorney (3), Duncan (6), Oshie (14), VandeVelde (18))

Minny has:

Scoring: They have 2 players in the top 20 (Wheeler (14), Gordon (15)) and none in the top 10.

Goals: They have 2 players in the top 20 (Okposo (10), Wheeler (11))

Assists: They have 2 players in the top 20 (Gordon (9), Barriball (20))

we both have some players on there, but we have substantially more......

i know the wcha schedule and unds in particular is part of the reason, but we have struggled to put the puck in the net also. the stat board is just that, a stat board, and doesn't translate (fully) to the wins and losses. on the flip side, you have a team like michigan who has a so so goaltender, but is riding the best current college hockey player in the nation and a bunch of frosh. one guy having a year like porter is can help carry a team through a regular season, but come ncaa time, your whole team better come to play. this is the first year in recent memory that we don't have at least one of "those guys" putting up some numbers and carrying the team through the rough streches, although duncs and osh with a point per game is not too shabby. i would like to see a big bump in offensive production in the second half, but couldn't care less if one of our guys is on that board. that being said, i think both duncs and osh will be on that list by the end of the season.

good article on VV, but it says Duncan was a 2005 draft pick lol.....says specifically:

Sandwiched on a line between 2005 NHL first-round draft picks Ryan Duncan - the Hobey Baker Memorial Award winner a year ago - and T.J. Oshie, VandeVelde has made the most of his scoring chances.