SiouxSports.com Forum

David Hale

The Jumbo Rulz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard anything about David signing this year as of now. I think that it wouldn't be very smart of him to go considering he was unhealthy for half a year and was unable to develop as much as he may have wanted to. He is most likely still trying to fully recover. I'm sure David wants a ring and next year is looking pretty optimistic. But if the rumors are true good luck to him!

Just a thought, but if I were #4, I'd sign the paper! I definitely want to see him play here next year, but with health concerns, I'd take the money! I know getting an education should be first and foremost, but after the signing bonus, I think a guy could think ahead!

I want to see him here next year, as all of us do, but if he decides to sign elsewhere, who could blame him!

I have to believe that Hale will be back. He missed a significant portion of the season, and with the NHL concerns coming up, I can't see why they'd want to take such a chance on right now.

But, if I were Hale and the offer was there, I'd take it. Who knows if jt will still be there next year if his problems keep recurring.

This site confirms David signed with NJ. While I am sorry to see him go I would love to have seen him play one more year at UND, hopefully a healthy year. Imagine the impact he could have had if he was healthy for once?

Can't blame him for taking his chance with the bigs when he can. I wish David all the best and thanks for 3 good years at UND. He deserves some good luck and maybe that will come for him now.

Go David Hale!

Hey Dagies any money figures released...

Let's see. I'll bet it's more than I make in a year...

Goon, I don't know any details. Go to the Siouxsports home page (go to the upper left corner of this page and hit "home").

That's where I noticed it.

FYI - The Wild recalled Curtis Murphy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/transactions

No kidding! Good for Murphy.

Can they expand their rosters for the playoffs? Or did they lose a defenseman? I suppose there is really only one way to replace a Sioux defenseman (Bombardir) on your roster. You have to call up ANOTHER Sioux defenseman (Murphy). That could be tough next year when Roche is getting a regular shift :)

Go Wild!! Vancouver WILL go down in 6...Mark my words

Myself I'd be happier if the Av's went down in 6 since that is who the Wild are playing, but whatever flaots your boat. :)

Dang. I'm still having trouble figuring out why the Devils signed him though. To me it just doesn't make sense. If he had been healthy all year, I could definately understand. But since David was sick for half the year, it just seems weird to me.

Myself I'd be happier if the Av's went down in 6 since that is who the Wild are playing, but whatever flaots your boat. :)

Dang. I'm still having trouble figuring out why the Devils signed him though. To me it just doesn't make sense. If he had been healthy all year, I could definately understand. But since David was sick for half the year, it just seems weird to me.

As of yeterday (at least during the games) it appeared the Wild would be playing Vancouver and the Avs would be facing off St. Louis. So, I might be wrong.

So I will ammend my statement (I just confirmed)

COLORADO will be going down in 7 (They have Roy, it'll go 7)

GO WILD!!!

Ok, once again....I can't find anything on Hale signing on ESPN and NHL transactions!!!!!

Same with me I just checked the NHL and NJ Devils site and there is nothing that say that Hale has been signed as of yet.

Obviously, this is a big blow to the D-corps next year. Other guys are going to have to step up to soften the blow. If Hale had been healthy all year I would have said it would be a given that he would go. With the illness I thought the Devils might want to wait and see if he can withstand a full season before giving him the guaranteed money. But this is a reality of college sports and we just need to keep re-loading.