SiouxSports.com Forum

David Hale

The Jumbo Rulz

I know the terms of the contract were not disclosed, (The Devils never disclose their contracts) but Blais said that as far as he knew the Devils have never paid that much money to a first round draft pick. So I guess that David will be doing pretty well on the money front. An educated guess would be about a Million a year. Must be nice to be good at hockey.

I am still a little confused why the Devs signed him with his recent illness, but hey they offer the $$$ why not take it.

Best of Luck Dave... Give'em Hell

Go Sioux/Devils/River Rats?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Blais said he didn't think Hale would play with the Devils in the NHL playoffs."

That quote from the article seems a bit odd. If the rule that supposedly applied to Sejna, having to be rostered before the trade deadline to be eligible, is actually a rule, David cannot be eligible for the Cup this year anyway.

Good luck to David. Hope to see him with the big club next fall. Three Sioux dmen are capable of taking over his role, Jones, Schneider, and Greene. Hope one or more shows that kind of improvement next year.

"Blais said he didn't think Hale would play with the Devils in the NHL playoffs."

That quote from the article seems a bit odd. If the rule that supposedly applied to Sejna, having to be rostered before the trade deadline to be eligible, is actually a rule, David cannot be eligible for the Cup this year anyway.

Good luck to David. Hope to see him with the big club next fall. Three Sioux dmen are capable of taking over his role, Jones, Schneider, and Greene. Hope one or more shows that kind of improvement next year.

Wasn't Sejna picked up out of free agency? Wheras Hale was already picked but just hadn't signed?

I could be way wrong on this though.

Wasn't Sejna picked up out of free agency? Wheras Hale was already picked but just hadn't signed?

That's true, although I don't know if that has an affect on the "rostered before trade deadline" rule.