SiouxSports.com Forum

One more reason to hate NDSU

cjsol

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like they say "If you want to farm the farm go to NDSU. If you want own the farm, go to UND." Bison/Gophers......same thing.

So you're saying you bought the farm?!?!? :D

The whole possibility of the Gophers having a chance to repeat is tough for you to deal with, eh? ;)

Do any UND fans have actual facts to base their Bison hatred upon?

I am not sure what the hell this means? Now a person has to provide empirical data to support their dislike for a school's athletic programs?

I grew up in GF and don't like the Bison or Gopher hockey, plain and simple. I could list reasons, but they would probably overload this board.

Now, back to Jim's question, what does any of this have to do with UND hockey.

Alright, it's time to start cleaning house and try to make this forum tolerable to read again. Here's your one warning: these few word posts with no content add nothing to the discourse so will stop, either voluntarily or not.

i will stop

but do i have to write with no errors>

Unfortunately, this article doesn't surprise me one bit. If anyone has ever had the unfortunate circumstance of having to hang out on the NDSU campus you'd realize that they must have some sort of infatuation with UND. This is difficult to say... but my girlfriend is an NDSU alum and I was forced to attend a homecoming event at NDSU with her. They easily could have renamed the NDSU Homecoming Talent Show to the Sioux Sucks show. They weren't even playing the Sioux for homecoming, but every skit, even Bob Babich, had to throw in a comment about how bad they thought the Sioux sucked.

When I was at UND, we couldn

I usually wouldn't reply to a UND hockey forum but since it veered off to something of a NDSU hater post. Yes, I didn't agree with the article in the Spectrum. But why should you guys care what the Spectrum publishes. I don't care what the UND paper publishes. IT IS JUST A STUDENT NEWSPAPER. There is envy which goes both ways. NDSU is envious of the Division I publicity UND gets with hockey. UND is envious of the publicity the NDSU football and success the team has had in the past. UND must have been envious of the NDSU's FargoDome. Otherwise, no new stadium would have been built there. Lets face the facts. There is envy which goes both ways. This is rivalry. Envy goes with a rivalry. Whenever one school does something that is better then the other, the other is going to be envious of them. Sure, we are going to post things that go bad for the other school but if you look at the bisonville or bisoninsider site, you will see very little useless knowledge posted like this post has turned into.

NDSU is envious of the Division I publicity UND gets with hockey.  UND is envious of the publicity the NDSU football and success the team has had in the past.  UND must have been envious of the NDSU's FargoDome.  Otherwise, no new stadium would have been built there. 

A couple of points. UND is not envious of NDSU football. Yes, NDSU won five titles in the 80's (and 1990). That was quite an accomplishment. But historically, UND has more than held its own against NDSU as witnessed by the all-time record between the teams (61-45-3 in favor of UND). In particular, UND has essentially owned the series over the past decade. Most unbiased observers would have to conclude that at present, UND is the better football program year in and year out. That is not meant to minimize NDSU's accomplishments in the past, but it is a fact that NDSU has been just another good program for the past dozen years or so.

Secondly, NDSU did not build the Fargodome, nor did UND build the Alerus Center. Those were both municipal projects paid for by sales tax money.

This is kind of off the subject, but do you Sioux fans really dislike Minnesota that much or is more just a hockey rivalry thing done in fun? Since we don't compete in any other sport would you still root for other school over us in say football or basketball or whatever? I mean, our football program is more comical than anything.

For me, it is just for hockey. I cheer for the gophers football team, but the basketball team lost my respect after all the trouble it got into. My girlfriends mother always tried to give me crap about the gophers and said she was going to buy me a gophers hat for my birthday. She didn't seem too thrilled when I told her I only dislike the hockey team. For me, it's like the UM hockey team isn't even part of the rest of UM.

Fighting Sioux Fan

Don't blame the UofM basketball program. Blame Clem Haskins, Jan Gangelhoff and all of those (including the players) who were complicitous in the scam. The University was found guilty and fairly punished (they still have one more year of probation). Dan Monson and the current group appear to be honest, rule- following individuals. Whatever the program, company, school or institution of any kind there's always a cheater or two hiding somewhere in the bushes. That doesn't mean the institution knows about out it, much less endorses it.

Who cares? Please BisonMav and others, take your football discussion to the football forum so I don't have to read it in a hockey forum. I'm sincere when I say I really, really don't care about NDSU football. The Gopher hockey team may be disliked, but we are interested in their team in a hockey forum.

How is this related to hockey?

Well, it started out being about the article someone wrote in the NDSU student paper about the fall of UND hockey. Then it kind of got moved to a NDSU vs. UND thing.

The original intent was discussing a school without hockey bashing a school about their hockey team. Rather humurous if you consider the excellent grammar skills and quality of research in the NDSU article.

Well, it started out being about the article someone wrote in the NDSU student paper about the fall of UND hockey. Then it kind of got moved to a NDSU vs. UND thing.

The original intent was discussing a school without hockey bashing a school about their hockey team. Rather humurous if you consider the excellent grammar skills and quality of research in the NDSU article.

Unlike Bison Footbal, Sioux hockey has not fallen.

Unlike Bison Footbal, Sioux hockey has not fallen.

I wasn't suggesting it had, just what the article said about this year's team.

Just wanted to get that in before someone though some dumb Gopher fan was running off at the mouth... I may be a dumb Gopher fan :D but I wasn't running off at the mouth (this time).

I do think the writer in the Spectrum was right on target. Did the Sioux hockey team prove to be a disappointment to thier fans this year?? Yes...it is obvious that they did based on the flaming going on by the fans on this board. There is no way that the Sioux lived up to what most fans thought they should do this year. Folks....any way you call it.....it is disappointment. Will UND return to a more dominant position in the national picture? Of course they will, UND has been at it too long to tolerate marginal performance by thier hockey team. Just like NDSU won't tolerate seasons like last year from the football team. Both are obvious by the heat on this and the other boards......and that is a good thing for NCAA athletics in the State of North Dakota.....