SiouxSports.com Forum

One more reason to hate NDSU

cjsol

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gophers meanwhile, have made it back to the Frozen Four much like the Sioux did when they won the crown a few years back, but here is the big difference.

The Sioux made it back with essentially the same team, and lost in the championship game this time around. While fans will have to wait until April 10 to find out how the Gophers are going to do, the Gophers did make it back despite losing their top three scored from last season.

This statement from the article shows what little this chap actually knows about Sioux hockey.

When UND made it back in 2001, it was without Lee Goren (34 goals in 2000 and the national tournament MVP), Jason Ulmer (game winning goal in 2000 championship game), Peter Armbrust (2000 captain), Brad Defauw (current NHL'er), Tim O'Connell and Mike Commodore, who needs no comment.

Let's see, five seniors, four of whom are part of the small group of Sioux players that have won two championships during their tenure. And Goren and Commodore, both currently in the NHL.

Yeah, that 2001 team was virtually the same.

Unfortunately, I live in Fargo and am surrounded by this type of ignorance everyday.

The folks over at POI were drooling over that, frankly It all boils down to one kid at NDSU(cks) trying to take a cheap shot at UND. They don't have a hockey program (not even a club team) so they really should shut thier big YAPPERS.

Don't make me get started on the bison football program.

It's comforting to know that UND hates someone else as much as the Gophers. :huh:

I dislike NDSU more than the Gophers. I really dont mind the U of M that much but I can't stand the NDSU herd, nothing more than a bunch of cattle.

If you can't beat them... LEAVE THE CONFERENCE!!!

It's comforting to know that UND hates someone else as much as the Gophers. :)

My dislike of the gophers is more fun than evil... With the co-workers and all that... :huh: (not that I'll cheer for them in any way, shape, or form...)

My hatred for Moo-U runs deep. My wife was raised in a Bison alum/contributer/fan household. ;) Now she lives in a Sioux alum/contributer/fan household. :p Football season gets very, very, ugly. :(

Regardless.... I think the "comic book guy" has been snorting too much powdered bison horn again... :blush:

flatspin7 Posted on Apr 3 2003, 09:23 AM

nothing more than a bunch of cattle.

Minnesota is a fellow land grant school (AG Tech) as the UND people say. I am a Gopher hockey fan. You could tell the team was going to be good someday, by the way the Freshmen looked in the Ohio St game at the beginning of the season. Someday came sooner than later. UND did lose some good players after the NC year, but list of Gopher players lost included better players

Hatred for the Gophers is nowhere near the hatred for the Blundering Turds. I'd sooner be shot than cheer for NDSUcks. I like the Gophers in any sport besides hockey and don't mind seeing them win. NDSUcks on the other hand I love to see lose in everything and anything possible. I get to see that happen alot too. It's pretty nice.

College newspapers are a joke for the most part. Few of these "columnists" ever make it in the real world.

The only truth in there is that UND had a bad second half of the season and the goofs came together in the second half. I hardly think that the UND hockey program is falling apart. On the contrary, the Sioux had an up year and better things are on the horizon.

I hope this kid enjoys his 15 minutes. When his college "career" is over, he'll be joining Siouxrock washing dishes at Perkins. :huh:

This is great evidence towards the hypothesis that I've put out in the D-IAA fourm: a lot of Bison fans jealously watch UND hockey results each year hoping UND fails, lest the Sioux receive yet again the national recognition in athletics that NDSU athletics has never received.

UND did lose some good players after the NC year, but list of Gopher players lost included better players

This is a matter of opinion and you are entitled to yours, but the fact of the matter is, as of this date, Goren, DeFauw and Commodore are all playing in the NHL, and of those Gophers listed, only Leo is currently active on an NHL roster.

That being said, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think the Gophers are primed for a repeat this year.

Remember the cool kid in your neighborhood growing up?

Everyone always talked about what the cool kid was doing or what they had.

Everyone wanted to go over to the cool kid's house and hang out with the cool kid because they had all the best stuff, the stuff everyone else wanted.

Dear Bison and Gopher (and recently appeared Duluth Bulldog) fans,

Welcome to our house, SiouxSports.com.

Unfortunately, I live in Fargo and am surrounded by this type of ignorance everyday.

Hey you can educate the NDSU rubes every step of the way, although you will have to use special english to make sure they can understand what you are saying. Sounds like a little jealousy and spite fro the NDsuck fans. Program envy.

Minnesota is a fellow land grant school (AG Tech) as the UND people say. I am a Gopher hockey fan. You could tell the team was going to be good someday, by the way the Freshmen looked in the Ohio St game at the beginning of the season. Someday came sooner than later. UND did lose some good players after the NC year, but list of Gopher players lost included better players

Subjectively, that may be true; you may think MN lost more. But objectively it's hard to make that case.

UND lost the nation's top goal scorer, its first line center, its first defensive pair, and some depth forwards.

MN lost the nation's top goal scorer, its first line center, its top defenseman, and some depth forwards. And Hauser.

So that's the difference. UND lost another top defenseman and MN lost Hauser. Basically a wash, objectively.

jk Posted on Apr 3 2003, 10:31 AM

UND lost the nation's top goal scorer, its first line center, its first defensive pair, and some depth forwards.

MN lost the nation's top goal scorer, its first line center, its top defenseman, and some depth forwards. And Hauser.

So that's the difference. UND lost another top defenseman and MN lost Hauser. Basically a wash, objectively.

Minnesota's top defenseman was the Hobey Baker winner. I am biased, after watching several of the Gopher players coming up thru high school. As you said it is an opinion.