SiouxSports.com Forum

New Goalie

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

good for him! you need a 3rd string practice goalie to take the load off in phil during the week

that would be sweet just going to school then being asked to join the soux hockey program for however short of time it will be!! congrats

I had the chance to see Landon play all three years at Brainerd High School. Big goalie and very quick like. I know his father, Jim, who I sat with at the 2005 Minnesota State HS Hockey Tourney. Great family.

Tried out this summer for NAHL team but was released. Best goalie at camp yet didn't make the team. So much for NAHL.

He will enjoy going day in and day out against UND's snipers. He was very honored for just getting the try-out and now he's a FIGHTING SIOUX!

You've had some great guidance under Coach Ty Eigner, and his position coach was former Sioux goalie Toby Kvalevog, who I've worked with at Minnesota Hockey Camps in Nisswa/Brainerd.

Congrat's, Good Luck & Welcome To The Fighting Sioux Family!!!!

does anyone know if this is a 3 week deal and we get another goalie for the 2nd semester out of a junior league or if hes on the team for the whole season? just curious. thanks

I thought I heard that UND would be recruiting another goalie for next season.

A true walk-on at the NHL-factory! Although not under the most favorable circumstances for the Sioux, it is still a cool story

Better to have this kid walk on then have a walk out like AG on the team.

Very cool story.

does anyone know if this is a 3 week deal and we get another goalie for the 2nd semester out of a junior league or if hes on the team for the whole season? just curious. thanks

schlossman said that hak already said they wont be bringing anybody in at semester time. he may be a 1 year goalie, but maybe he will be a 4 yr. hopefully he adds a lot of character to the team.

So does anyone know what the goaltending situation will be for next year? Will this guy stay or will they bring in another recruit? Would the recruit be a blue chipper or more low profile and does anyone know who it might be?

Who knows, I guess Hak said that they wont be bringing in anyone next semester, we will have to see how he progesses...maybe he is a diamond in the rough! :lol: I am not saying he will ever be a number one goalie but a 3rd string goalie isnt a bad way to spend your college years. Will Hak bring in TWO goalies next year? I doubt it but thats my opinion. They have a SOLID Goalie coming in next year in Eidsness so I am not too worried about the goalie situation too much.

Lot of guys probably dream of an opportunity to do something like this. Good for Landon!

Years ago, I used to dream about skating for the Sioux. Coming on on a breakway, wobbling toward the goalie,

riding my ankles, and somehow putting in the game winner. No kidding. I had those dreams.

Then one morning I rolled my ankle getting out of bed. Bad. I don't dream about it no more.

I had the chance to see Landon play all three years at Brainerd High School. Big goalie and very quick like. I know his father, Jim, who I sat with at the 2005 Minnesota State HS Hockey Tourney. Great family.

Tried out this summer for NAHL team but was released. Best goalie at camp yet didn't make the team. So much for NAHL.

He will enjoy going day in and day out against UND's snipers. He was very honored for just getting the try-out and now he's a FIGHTING SIOUX!

You've had some great guidance under Coach Ty Eigner, and his position coach was former Sioux goalie Toby Kvalevog, who I've worked with at Minnesota Hockey Camps in Nisswa/Brainerd.

Congrat's, Good Luck & Welcome To The Fighting Sioux Family!!!!

What NAHL team did he try out for?

And hey, you never know.....this kid may be put in a position to actually play. I went to school with a guy at CC who was the 3rd string goalie-his name was Paul Frank. Not only did he get a WCHA ring his junior year (1994), he was also called upon to play on occasion and he stepped up. Kudos to Landon and best of luck to him and the team!

as far as i have heard, they always take two, but im sure there have been exceptions where they take the third?? or maybe there are rules about how many players you can travel, which may limit it to only two.

There are rules to how many players can travel, but not on any specific position. Usually they bring two goalies on road trips.