SiouxSports.com Forum

FIGHTING SIOUX vs. umd bulldogs

aleah

Looks like DU got Bachmaned.

Giving up 5 goals doesn't help either. I wonder what happened to "Hot Shot" Mannino tonight? I hope we don't go to Denver next weekend and make him look like a Hobey Baker candidate.

Great win tonight, but we have to follow it up on Saturday to earn the sweep. Duluth is going to come out and work hard to get some points out of the weekend. I hope this time we are ready to deal with it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving up 5 goals doesn't help either. I wonder what happened to "Hot Shot" Mannino?

Great win tonight, but we have to follow it up on Saturday to earn the sweep. Duluth is going to come out and work hard to get some points out of the weekend. I hope this time we are ready to deal with it.

I am thinking tomorrow night we are going to see a tight checking trap feast/game. Anything can happen with that bafoon reffing the games.

The 3-0 lead then came the reffing by the score board calls.

What looks like an impressive win for SCSU was really just a bad game for Clarkson's goalie:

SOG were 33-13 in favor of Clarkson. :lol:

In my hmo Clarkson is way over rated and has no business being in the top 10 in the polls.

How many Number one bids do we have to give the EZAC before we determine this.

I am thinking tomorrow night we are going to see a tight checking game. Anything can happen with that bafoon reffing the games.

The 3-0 lead then came the reffing by the score board calls.

We got 2:00 for crashing the net and later on 2:00 because a Duluth player took a Robbie Earl-esque dive. The zebras are supposed to keep the game under control and call it down the middle, not become part of the story. I don't pay good money to watch them get involved in the outcome or direction of the game. Let's hope it doesn't cost anyone tomorrow.

In my hmo Clarkson is way over rated and has no business being in the top 10 in the polls.

How many Number one bids do we have to give the EZAC before we determine this.

I have said this for years about that craphole conference. EZAC supporters will tell you that their conference is one of the best in the country because all the teams are competitive with each other and then pull out the statistics to "prove" it. :lol: What that really means is that the talent level for most (if not all) the teams is several notches below other leagues and that no team has the front-end talent to establish themselves as a true national contender. Of course, all of this comes out in the wash once the NCAA tournament rolls around.

I have said this for years about that craphole conference. EZAC supporters will tell you that their conference is one of the best in the country because all the teams are competitive with each other and then pull out the statistics to "prove" it. :lol: once the NCAA tournament rolls around.

Their conference is a joke, None of their teams would crack the top 5 in the WCHA. When is the last time they were competative? It seems like Cornell and Clarkson are given automatic spots in the weekly poll. If SCSU doesn't sweep they are weak.

Slow down, Soo. LaPointe and Trupp have been awfully good.

No doubt, one thing that I have noticed about LaPointe is he has a knack for making the right play offensively, but doesn't get beat a lot.

Trupp's SEGA goal last night was a thing of beauty.

No doubt, one thing that I have noticed about LaPointe is he has a knack for making the right play offensively, but doesn't get beat a lot.

Trupp's SEGA goal last night was a thing of beauty.

There is a lot to be thankful for with these freshmen. Expectations were high for LaPointe, but he is every bit as good as advertised, IMO.

No doubt, Frattin is unbelievable and LaPointe is going to be very dynamic.

Personally I think all the freshman are going to be great college hockey players some quicker than others but so far my favorite is the little dynamo Evan Trupp.The goal he scored last nite demostrated the way the kid plays,balls to the walls.Fun as hell to watch as are the rest of the freshman.Time for a sweep tonite.

Not a WCHA story but related to an earlier Hak assessment of Northeastern as a top 10 team, they reinforced themselves as the Beast in the East with a 4-3 win over BC last night.
Not to jump on your post but everybody is handing it to BC lately as they are 0-3-3 in there last 6 games.

Anyone see Gennoway's injury? It was my impression that he was just up at the blue line (defensive zone) when he got hurt. Well away from the play.

Also how about the non-checking from behind that Oshie took from #11 (Schmidt?). I didn't see the hit but I did see him go head first into the boards. I thought it was a sure 5 minute game DQ but Anderson called it "interference." Any thoughts?

Anyone see Gennoway's injury? It was my impression that he was just up at the blue line (defensive zone) when he got hurt. Well away from the play.

Also how about the non-checking from behind that Oshie took from #11 (Schmidt?). I didn't see the hit but I did see him go head first into the boards. I thought it was a sure 5 minute game DQ but Anderson called it "interference." Any thoughts?

I didn't see what happened to Genoway, I just saw him trying to get back to the bench from the blue line.... I thought it was down by the UMD bench, which would have been our defensive blue line if it was actually the second period. There must have a been a faceoff in our defensive zone because everyone else was in between him and Jean-Philippe. He had a VERY hard time making it to the bench because he wasn't putting any weight on his left leg. He remained on the ground behind the bench (where Walski normally stands) for maybe two minutes with the trainer hovering over him, and then the training had to help him back to the tunnel. For anyone that has been down in the tunnel... I know that the locker room is on the left (when looking from the student section) and I'm not sure what is on the right, but they took Chay to the right. I didn't think that it looked good at all... too bad we just had our bye week....

Slow down, Soo. LaPointe and Trupp have been awfully good.

as a pre-note... THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO BASH ANYONE!!!

O.k. I would say overall that Trupp has been alright but awfully good at this point would be a stretch. This far into the season and he just got his first goal...it bothers me. He wasn't brought in here as a role player---he was brought in as a goal scorer.

LaPointe has been good...ha i'll certainly agree with that. But to be realistic Marto's has been a better puck moving defensemen, but both of those two do a GREAT job of recognizing when to jump in the play and thats not coached, thats instinct. So i'm excited to see how all these guys keep developing and how much they have improved by the year's end. If they continue to improve as much as they have in the first ten games...could be scary.