SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has insight yet as to who will be UND preferred walk-ons this fall?

Also, any info on Duraney White, the Canadian who had supposedly committed to the Sioux?

I haven't even heard Mussman make reference to preferred walk-ons. Anyone else?

I have noticed that you guys seem to be hitting Canada pretty hard this year. Historically, have players out of Canada been able to make the transition to the American style game or is it difficult for them? Also, are there any Big-Time players that the general public has heard of that have come out of Canada?(i.e. been stars for UND or other colleges, or made it to the league)

Maybe White is going to play ball at UND but isn't going to be on scholarship

My theory (with really nothing insider-related to base it on): there is a delay in paperwork, either admissions or NCAA. I know that at least on the admissions side, since he is from Quebec there are some extra requirements, like a TOEFL test and such.

My theory (with really nothing insider-related to base it on): there is a delay in paperwork, either admissions or NCAA. I know that at least on the admissions side, since he is from Quebec there are some extra requirements, like a TOEFL test and such.

I hope you are right and that we see him in a Sioux uniform.

I have noticed that you guys seem to be hitting Canada pretty hard this year. Historically, have players out of Canada been able to make the transition to the American style game or is it difficult for them? Also, are there any Big-Time players that the general public has heard of that have come out of Canada?(i.e. been stars for UND or other colleges, or made it to the league)

Bison06, just in case you are not familiar with some of the names that others have thrown out, here is some more info on a few of the notable Canadians to play at UND:

Dave Fennell: CFL Hall of Famer, 6 time Grey Cup winner, 1978 CFL Defensive Outstanding Player

Scott Schultz: Played in NFL for Steelers and Chargers, #1 overall pick in CFL draft, CFL All-Star

Greg Lotysz: Played for the NY Jets before suffering life-altering knee injury

Milson Jones: 9 year CFL career, Most Outstanding Canadian in 1987 Grey Cup, won two Grey Cups

Mike Juhasz: One of UND's most prolific wide receivers, 14th overall selection in CFL Draft

Donovan Alexander: One of UND's best DB's ever, 23rd overall selection in last year's CFL Draft

Bison06, just in case you are not familiar with some of the names that others have thrown out, here is some more info on a few of the notable Canadians to play at UND:

Dave Fennell: CFL Hall of Famer, 6 time Grey Cup winner, 1978 CFL Defensive Outstanding Player

In addition to being one of UND's great football players, Fennell also has been a very successful businessman. He recently sold one of his goldmines for $1.5 billion.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/minewe...6&sn=Detail

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...