SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. badgers

aleah

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisconsin is ranked 10 (and yes I know that rankings don't mean "anything"!) and we lost to them in their own barn. We lost to Tech in their barn. We gave one to CC in our barn. The fact of the matter is this... the WCHA is too tough to sweep ANYONE at home, let alone away. If we split the entire season... with the WCHA non-conference performances to date... and with the RPI/PWR calculation formula... even if we finish 5th in the league we would still renew our chance at a National Championship.

Yes, I would LOVE to win the WCHA, however, if I had the choice, I would trade the McNaughton cup for the Red Baron (or whoever it is this year) Final 5 Championship with a shot at the national championship any day! Patience... these guys are too good to have a game lke this every night...

Night, night time...

:angry:

Yea, I am, too, most of the time. But trust me, the framework that this website is built on isn't intended for this much traffic. Especially not on a single web server.

I don't know what this means. That's not to discount that the poor server got a little overwhelmed last night, as I can see in the logs (about 550 page requests failed out of 600,000 total). It's just time to perform some resource upgrades, as is the case every year or two when growth continues to be exponential. Such a move will be pretty disruptive, so it probably won't happen until one of the holidays, but we've only seriously hit this particular constraint this once -- when there was this big road game.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Uh...I was being sarcastic.

You, of all people, I understand that. I was mostly reacting to the level of frustration that was becoming evident by others.

I'm glad to read this morning that Hakstol was mostly happy with the effort. Hopefully tomorrow the Badgers pay the piper.

Like Hakstol said in the post game show the only stat that counts is the final score, get some dirty goals off a skate or shin pad,don't care how they go in just score. Maybe it's time to shake up the lines and try something really different in the lineup,put Oshie back at center and put Trupp or Malone with him and Duncan. Lets try something because this little funk has to end very soon.

I hope they wear black tonight. Also, among the chants:" Sioux's a girls name" and "racist mascot"... :angry:

You forgot the overrated chant with over four minutes left in a Fri night game..... I may be from Madison, but I can happily say that win, lose, or draw tonight, at least I get to leave afterward. I cannot imagine going to school here. While the students are having fun they just sound so stupid!

PS I hope we wear black tonight as well!

Like Hakstol said in the post game show the only stat that counts is the final score, get some dirty goals off a skate or shin pad,don't care how they go in just score. Maybe it's time to shake up the lines and try something really different in the lineup,put Oshie back at center and put Trupp or Malone with him and Duncan. Lets try something because this little funk has to end very soon.

exactly my thoughts. lets mix things up and give some other people chances to perform on the first line.

According to the Herald the game will be picked up on FSSN. Good, Great, Fine. :angry:

I saw this on FightingSioux.com last night. However, it said that the game will be on MidContinent in Grand Forks. Does anyone know for sure if it is just in Grand Forks or if it is on all MidContinent cable systems?

I saw this on FightingSioux.com last night. However, it said that the game will be on MidContinent in Grand Forks. Does anyone know for sure if it is just in Grand Forks or if it is on all MidContinent cable systems?

I don't think it will I think when they say Grand Forks this time it probably will only be for Grand Forks. Midcontinent and FightingSioux.com would announce the telecast of the games at least a couple of days before the series even started and that's because it took them a couple of days to add new cities etc. that'd be getting it. And since it's only one game and not two the possibility is really low. I don't think it's gonna happen. :D;)

Sioux will be fine.

Is it too early to start the fire Hak thread?

On a note IF the Sioux lose tonight and the goofs win they will be tied with the Goofers for league points. While I don't

think the Sioux are bad they have to start playing 60 minutes and getting solid efforts up and down the line up.

That being said have to come to play every night and championships are won in March and April..

I am hoping for the Mavs to beat the Goofs tonight...