SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sky is falling

Goon

How worried are you.  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are Sioux fans freaking out too early?

• Yeah they are over-reacting
    • Nope Sioux fans have grounds for concern
    • It's all Hak Fault
    • Come on folks lighten up
    • The Gophers are better

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I am enjoying watching the wheels come off down in Minnesota.

I am sure they will get better but the Gophers are not very good and I wish the Sioux played them next weekend.

Why? You're the one who was saying whoever plays them is going to get a record number of penalties. No way do I want to play them until they've got a win or two under their belts. Don't want them to be rolling, of course, but I don't want them in the position they're in right now, with the refs we have!

Why? You're the one who was saying whoever plays them is going to get a record number of penalties. No way do I want to play them until they've got a win or two under their belts. Don't want them to be rolling, of course, but I don't want them in the position they're in right now, with the refs we have!

The Sioux could still beat them regardless, Lucia was talking about how they couldn't score on the power play anyways.

RWD I don't blame you for not wanting the Dogs to play them right now? I feel sorry for Mankato this weekend, they are going to be on the lopsided end of a penalty feast. :D

The Sioux could still beat them regardless, Lucia was talking about how they couldn't score on the power play anyways.

RWD I don't blame you for not wanting the Dogs to play them right now? I feel sorry for Mankato this weekend, they are going to be on the lopsided end of a penalty feast. ???

Great point.

its all brian lees fault

START WALSKI!!!

Kozek sucks!!!

Bench Finley!!!!

Marto and Bina should never be taken out of the lineup. They are the best defensemen the team have. They are from Grand Forks and I dare ANYONE to disagree with me that anyone from Minnesota or Canada play second fiddle to these guys! In fact, I think they need to rename Captains.

C-Bina

A-JPL

A-Marto

I think we should hire a new coach that will only recruit ND and northern MN boys!

Any other "gems" to add? ???

I agree.

I voted that the goofers were better than us. Just as ridiculous as fire Hak!

Yep in case anyone hasn't caught it, :lol: this is supposed to be a joke. Anyone falling off the Sioux band wagon after 7 games

really needs to follow another sport. I think its fun. Next week we start the Sioux were robbed by the Refs ???

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but Hakstol spoke to the Fargo Sioux Boosters today and essentially took a "where are we at" attitude. Some sound bites from the meeting, and from a conversation afterwards:

5-3-1 record isn't bad. Before the season they're wildest dreams would've been to have a 6-2-1 record. Have played toughest schedule in the country so far. Felt only one game didn't display the kind of effort coaching staff hopes for every night.

Can't not have both Lapoint and Marto in the lineup. Extremely happy with the solid play both freshman d-men have displayed. Part of the reason in moving Chay Genoway up to forward is because staff is very comfortable with the remaining d-corps. He said Lapoint's frame can easily carry 200-210 pounds and his skills at that weight will make him a very effective professional hockey player.

Liked the grittiness the team displayed in Madison. Hak said every team tries to neurtalize the other team's top 1 or 2 players, but cleanly. Not chippy, dirty. He said the team had had enough after the second period when TJ was punched in the head for the third time after he scored near the end of the period. The team decided not to take anything more from the Badgers from that moment on.

Very pleased with the entire freshman class. He said they were unheralded and maybe overlooked nationally, but he said in a couple of years this class will have among its members the best player in college hockey. (I'll let you guess who. )

Andrew Kozek has spent a lot of extra time working on speeding up his release. While Hak said they want to see more consistency out of Kozek, they're happy to see him scoring the way they knew he would when he was recruited. He said Andrew has been working every morning with Coach Jackson on releasing his shot immediately. Last year, Hak said, Kozek had more shots deflected up over the glass than anyone else on the team, a sign that he was taking too long to control the puck and shooting. That is changing in a positive direction.

Very happy to see Joe Finley make such big strides in his play, especially in the physical end.

VandeVelde is maybe not used to having to be perfect every game. Centering TJ and Duncan, Hak said, Chris has to be. The coaches are confident he can be; just want to see more consistency out of him as well.

They'll have the third goalie "situation" resolved by next Monday. Hak said they really only need the third for practice and in case either JPL or Walski goes down with an injury. He said Walski had earned the No. 2 job before AG left.

Said this team has been making some so-so goalies look world-class. :sad: Too many shots right to the goalies chest protector.

Said he is generally pleased with the two-ref, two linesman experiment, although he said UND has played thier complement of six games under the system. If it is adopted permanently he said the WCHA is going to have to go out and recruit new, quality, "career-track" officials from somewhere.

Statistically, coaches want to see about 1/2 goal more per game. Like to see 22% success on power play (only at 18 now). Penalty kill has been extremely effective (91%). Hak said Jackson's system is obviously very effective. Team is generating plenty of scoring opportunities, just need to convert. Shots and chances allowed are acceptable.

I asked him about Eaves conduct after the game Saturday. Hakstol wouldn't take the bait, but he asked me why Wisconsin didn't pull their goalie after scoring to make it 3-1 in the third. I believe he was hinting that his counterpart had lost his focus. :)

I think LaPoint or Malone.

Once LaPoint gets to that 200-210 mark, with his ability already, imagine how good he will be (fits into that best in a couple years mark). Malone is my other guess, because he has the size and physicality already, and has a good shot. Maybe once he gets his offense refined even more, he might stand out. When off the ice, Malone is HUGE.

I think LaPoint or Malone.

Once LaPoint gets to that 200-210 mark, with his ability already, imagine how good he will be (fits into that best in a couple years mark). Malone is my other guess, because he has the size and physicality already, and has a good shot. Maybe once he gets his offense refined even more, he might stand out. When off the ice, Malone is HUGE.

i was thinking lapoint as well

I asked him about Eaves conduct after the game Saturday. Hakstol wouldn't take the bait, but he asked me why Wisconsin didn't pull their goalie after scoring to make it 3-1 in the third. I believe he was hinting that his counterpart had lost his focus. :)

Classic stuff there...

I was going to say Trupp also. I've definitely seen some flashes so far this season.

I must have missed the question but I think he has been invisible so far but he is only just a freshman. I have been impressed with Frattin.