SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sky is falling

Goon

How worried are you.  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Are Sioux fans freaking out too early?

• Yeah they are over-reacting
    • Nope Sioux fans have grounds for concern
    • It's all Hak Fault
    • Come on folks lighten up
    • The Gophers are better

I would say Trupp or Frattin.

Frattin has a Duncan-like shot and Trupp reminds me of Jeff Panzer.

Both of them could develop into quite a player by the time they are jr/sr.

Once Trupp gets a shot on one of the top two lines, I think we will start to see his offensive upside, much like we are with Kozek this year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have missed the question but I think he has been invisible so far but he is only just a freshman. I have been impressed with Frattin.

I think the biggest problem thus far for Trupp is that he's having to play with guys who are in the line-up one night, and out the next. Hurts the potential chemistry.

I think the biggest problem thus far for Trupp is that he's having to play with guys who are in the line-up one night, and out the next. Hurts the potential chemistry.

I think that probably attributes to his no having many points yet. I am thinking he would look good with Zajac and Miller, could be a lot of speed there...

I think that probably attributes to his no having many points yet. I am thinking he would look good with Zajac and Miller, could be a lot of speed there...

None of the freshmen have many points yet. Frattin has 4 (2 G and 2 A), but he had the benefit of playing on the 1st line with Oshie and Duncan for awhile. Trupp has 2 (2 A), and Lapoint and Malone have 1 point each. It is really hard to gauge their abilities after only 9 games, particularly if they are playing 3rd or 4th line and do not get much specialty team play.

None of the freshmen have many points yet. Frattin has 4 (2 G and 2 A), but he had the benefit of playing on the 1st line with Oshie and Duncan for awhile. Trupp has 2 (2 A), and Lapoint and Malone have 1 point each. It is really hard to gauge their abilities after only 9 games, particularly if they are playing 3rd or 4th line and do not get much specialty team play.

The Sioux also haven't had any slack games yet. If UND has played a RMU for games our guys would have more points.

If its LaPoint or Malone, I think we will all be smiling at that time. Both Frattin and Trupp have shown great potential and if they aren't even our best it will be great. As for this year, I believe that if we had been playing the Robert Morris types early in the season we might have a couple of players near the Kyle Turris scoring pace. As it is, these tough early games will pan out later in the season. We have seen some dominant games out of this team against good competition (Michigan Tech on Saturday night, CC on Friday night, and WI on Saturday night). If we can work out the consistency issue, this is going to be a lot of fun.

I agree that it's who Trupps playing with. Having him on the grind line just doesn't make sense for him. Not that I think anyone else should be demoted.

I think some of these guys (Miller, Martens, Zajac etc) are going to start chipping a few in. We need some fear of the other lines to realize our potential I think.