SiouxSports.com Forum

there are a lot of games left but......

siouxpuckster

this team had better start to pick things up and come to play every game or we will be in the same situation we have been the last three years where we basically have to go unbeaten the second half just to get home ice and fight for a playoff bert. this team has some serious problems as well. It has absolutely no consistent scoring beyond the first line, our second pp unit is horrible they basically waist half the pp going back to the other end to retieve the puck, they have no killer instinct and saturday was a prime example we just dominate a team the previous night and have a chance to sweep them and what happens they come out flat. the way this team looks right now it is no more than a .500 team because it can't sweep anybody and probably won't until aa comes to town in late january but even that is debateable being they given us some problems the last few years. upcoming schedule:

wisconsin-lucky to get a split

umd-split we couldn't even sweep a bad duluth team last year with a better team than we have now

denver-spilit at best as they are probably the best team in the league

minnesota-split because we just don't sweep them at home

new hampshire-split just because we can't get a sweep and they have a really good goalie

scsu-split come out flying one night and flat the next

tech-split they are 3-1 in out last four games and redemtion isn't anything this team get motivated about

msu-mankato-split wierd things happen down there

aa-possibly a sweep, split or 3 points more likely

minnesota-split at best they should be playing much better than now.

denver-split we can't sweep good teams at home

bemidji-split, the beavers will get a win at sometime in this series and with our non killer instinct and lack of leadership this will be the year

duluth-split

scsu-split-which leaves it unknown if we will even get home ice.

This team also has a learinign disability they don't learn from lessons they've recieved for example after the friday tech game they all said this is a learning experience in which we have to come out ready play every night and wow they didn',t on saturday. they said the same thing after satuyrday's loss which means they'll probably come out flat on friday night.

The offense potential on this team is overrated beyond duncan and oshie. we have no one that can step up and contribute when duncan and oshie are shut down which will probably tend to happen more often than not. in the 7 games this team has played in 4 of them they have score 3 goals or less, and 1 or none three of those times. so basically if things don't start to turnaround quickly it could be a wasted season and we'll be left asking ourselves what if?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this team had better start to pick things up and come to play every game or we will be in the same situation we have been the last three years where we basically have to go unbeaten the second half just to get home ice and fight for a playoff bert. this team has some serious problems as well. It has absolutely no consistent scoring beyond the first line, our second pp unit is horrible they basically waist half the pp going back to the other end to retieve the puck, they have no killer instinct and saturday was a prime example we just dominate a team the previous night and have a chance to sweep them and what happens they come out flat. the way this team looks right now it is no more than a .500 team because it can't sweep anybody and probably won't until aa comes to town in late january but even that is debateable being they given us some problems the last few years. upcoming schedule:

umd-split we couldn't even sweep a bad duluth team last year with a better team than we have now

new hampshire-split just because we can't get a sweep and they have a really good goalie

tech-split they are 3-1 in out last four games and redemtion isn't anything this team get motivated about

bemidji-split, the beavers will get a win at sometime in this series and with our non killer instinct and lack of leadership this will be the year

duluth-split

This team also has a learinign disability they don't learn from lessons they've recieved for example after the friday tech game they all said this is a learning experience in which we have to come out ready play every night and wow they didn',t on saturday. they said the same thing after satuyrday's loss which means they'll probably come out flat on friday night.

The offense potential on this team is overrated beyond duncan and oshie. we have no one that can step up and contribute when duncan and oshie are shut down which will probably tend to happen more often than not. in the 7 games this team has played in 4 of them they have score 3 goals or less, and 1 or none three of those times. so basically if things don't start to turnaround quickly it could be a wasted season and we'll be left asking ourselves what if?

Yep, we are screwed, season is a waste. :D

duluth-split

I was pissed after saturday's loss too, but this is bull$%!#. I will agree on a couple things, one is learning to play both night's of a two game series. The other is, after the first power play unit, there isn't much else. They just have to find the right mix of players for that second pp unit, which I'm confident they will, hopefully sooner than later. I thought that the Kaip-Watkins-Frattin line might have been the best all weekend. They contributed to the scoring (both nights) and friday shut down CC's top line. There are good things down the road for this team, they just need to stay focused and take it one game at a time. Just be glad you are not a goopher fan, that team has bigger problems than the Sioux do at this point.

storm.jpg

ABANDON SHIP!

Gimme a break. One year ago at this time, people were annointing Maine as the eventual NCAA champion based on their thrashing of the Sioux in Grand Forks. I'm sure you noticed that the Black Bears didn't even make the Frozen Four. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Losing a game at home three days into November isn't the end of the world.

storm.jpg

ABANDON SHIP!

Gimme a break. One year ago at this time, people were annointing Maine as the eventual NCAA champion based on their thrashing of the Sioux in Grand Forks. I'm sure you noticed that the Black Bears didn't even make the Frozen Four. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Losing a game at home three days into November isn't the end of the world.

actually maine did make the ff and lost to mich. state. it's not a matter of losing one game in november it's the fact that we have a veteran team for the most part and not once this year have they come ready to play both nights. that's what's worrisome for a team that said it's goal was to eliminate the slow starts, which is the road they are headed for if something doesn't change and it has to start this weekend.

This team is talented plain and simple. They played their first poor game of the year and those things happen when you are dealing with 18-20+ year olds. Now if they get swept at WI then a red flag might go up. The first 2 lines are solid. What I am amazed by is how the team is getting almost nothing from Miller and Zajac. Those 2 have too much talent to have done so little so far. The 4th line is what it is...a 4th line. The D has been solid but not great. Phil has been outstanding overall.

Don't forgot CC has lots of speed and talent. They, along with UND, more than likely be 2 of the top 3 teams when the WCHA race is all said and done.

They have 8 leagues games before Christmas break and I see them getting no less than 10 points.

ABANDON SHIP!

Pretty sure Maine was playing in St. Louis last year.

Pretty sure Maine was playing in St. Louis last year.

You're correct, I thought they had been eliminated in the regional, but I do recall watching them on TV and getting spanked by the Spartans. My point is Maine wound up with double-digit losses (I think 15) last season but in late October, people were saying they were unstoppable. UND didn't play well on Saturday night. They're wearing a target this season and every team they play will bring their 'A' game against the Sioux.

He does have one point well taken. For the past three years, really since we moved into the Ralph, the Sioux have had absolutely miserable 1st halfs of every season. We have to learn to take control of our own destiny in our own building! Okay, so we completely outplayed CC in the 1st period Sat night and came out behind. So what, continue to apply pressure. It looked to me that the team quit halfway throuogh the 2nd period. Their passing was not crisp, they had no jump etc. This is not a bunch of rookies, this is a veteran team that should play tough through the entire game. It has been embarrasing in the past to get out worked and out hustled in our own arena, I was hoping with this team that would end.

We will trade you records :D I thought our fans were over reacting. Hak always has them playing well in March. As the great Mike Tice once said "alright, calm down".

THANK YOU, well said. 7-0-0 would be the only record that would satisfy everyone, well maybe not. im sure there would be something worng in that as well :huh:

lets go to sconnie and get the W friday!

I was pretty upset about saturdays game but really... Hak is trying to figure it all out something has switched every game... I am not worried nor should anyone else be about our teams furture.. Even the gophers (bleep) have a good chance of redeeming there current play...

Are you kidding me? The team has one poor game (well actually, 2 poor periods, as they dominated the first period on Sat against CC) in their first 7 games and all of a sudden all is lost. You're insane.

No scoring beyond Oshie and Duncan? What about Kozek? Frattin? VandeVelde? Kaip? Watkins? Those guys have 18 points already.

Please stay away from sharp objects during the course of the season.

Are you kidding me? The team has one poor game (well actually, 2 poor periods, as they dominated the first period on Sat against CC) in their first 7 games and all of a sudden all is lost. You're insane.

No scoring beyond Oshie and Duncan? What about Kozek? Frattin? VandeVelde? Kaip? Watkins? Those guys have 18 points already.

A voice of reason cries out from the wilderness!

.....and get back on your meds!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't today mark the one-month "anniversary" of formal practices?

Some teams find chemistry right away, some take a little longer. For all we know, CC, Denver, Tech, etc. could be playing their best hockey of the season right now!! You can't take a month's worth of the season and project squat. There is too much inconsistency at this time of the year to make any reasonable deductions. Some teams will get better, some will stay where they are, some will come back down to earth. I see the Sioux in the first category. Some teams run off 20+ game unbeaten streaks in Oct - Jan, only to find themselves playing golf in April.

Weekends like these provide ample learning experiences.

It is easy to sit back and think where we could be sitting at 7-0, but the most realistic thing to do is see the end of season results...

Hak has started out slow all three seasons, and then made the run to the FF...I understand your frustration, but enjoy this season while it is here, because you might be in for a rude awakening next year when 8-10 of these studs could be gone...

I also don't agree with some of your prediction's, among other's there is now way they lose or tie to Bemidji I don't care who is in goal...

CC is a great team, you will see that by seasons end, but so are we...I'm not throwing in the towel for another 3 months...

Mich Tech is another solid team, they will prove they are where they belong in the top 10 this year!

Just my thought's...

Go Sioux...

He does have one point well taken. For the past three years, really since we moved into the Ralph, the Sioux have had absolutely miserable 1st halfs of every season.

Not really.

The past two seasons, the Sioux went 9-13-1 at home before the new year, which wasn't good. But those were two young teams, so it's somewhat understandable. The other young team with a losing record in the first half was the 01-02 Sioux who went 4-5.

In other seasons...

02-03: 13-0-1

03-04: 11-2-0

04-05: 7-3-0

We have to learn to take control of our own destiny in our own building!

I agree, but the Sioux have played three games at home against two teams ranked in the top 10 and are 2-1 against them. It's way too early to sound the "We suck in the REA!" alarm.