SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four 2008

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely take 85. Then hop on 90 over to Sundance Wyoming and head south. 85 through the Black Hills is slow and windy, scenic but a pain if you are in a hurry. Another option is to take 90 all the way to Gillette and then take Wyoming 59 south to Douglas where you hit I-25. Just make sure to get gas in Gillette, because there isn't anything until Douglas which is about 110 miles.

Here's a link to reviews from trip advisor, scroll down for the reviews. Based on some of the reviews, you may want to avoid this place.

oh sack up :lol: we have stayed at hotels with afternoon prostitute service when we were in columbus 3 years back as thats where a large group of und fans had reservations :lol: makes for good conversation, just triple lock the doors.......... ;)

oh sack up :lol: we have stayed at hotels with afternoon prostitute service when we were in columbus 3 years back as thats where a large group of und fans had reservations :lol: makes for good conversation, just triple lock the doors.......... ;)

Will give ya something to do in the morning and afternoon before the games!

That would be Danny's Platinum Fox

nice jim, very nice........i went to the bathromm back there and my buddy jason saw a girl getting slapped around and then we decided it may be time to go.....then the owner invied like 10 of us sioux fans to go back to his place and pop some chapagne and was a total tool......then the next day it looked like it was being boarded up......so we were fortunate to be one of the last every costumers :lol: ahhhhh, memories

AZSIOUX met a friend for life in that Platinium joint, wanted him to spend the weekend at his house!

:lol: oh man, that guy was halarious..........we got out of there in the nik of time :lol: before we got shot

If any of you are having problems finding accomodations in Denver, we booked a condo through www.vrbo.com and got a really nice place close to downtown. We rented a 2 bedroom 2 bath for $275.00 a night for 6 of us...not a bad price when you split the cost and lots of rooms. Check it out.

I posted a hotel message to the Fan Bus to Denver thread but I really meant to post it here.

I just got the Grand Hyatt Denver through Priceline for $120/night. It's a 4-star hotel and I was only requesting 3-star. It's right off of the 16th street mall and the bus that takes you within 3 blocks or so of the Pepsi Center.

See the Fan Bus thread, post #47 for the long-winded version.

Sparky

Has anyone ever place Frozen Four bets online? If so, when do the lines come out for it, I just checked and none of the sports betting sites have NCAA hockey lines out yet.

probably monday im guessing as of now, they had lines for the regionals........i hit it sunday!!

It is obvious that the sioux fans will completely out number any other teams fans in Denver, but how many Sioux fans should we expect? Estimates plz?

I estimate 3000 but really I have no idea I'm prob wayyyyy off.

I don't think your waaay off. I bet that it's at least that number. We're so visible in our 'garish' green that we look like we number a lot more!!!

and it probably holds 18,000 people, i wouldnt worry a bit. if you are worried then buy some here or uscho as they pop up everyday, mostly upper level but with the 3 colorado schools out there will be tix to be had. its not like its in milwaukee with uw in it.

Last year I bought ice level seats for $100, and sat next to the sports illustrated photographer. I ended up giving my upper level seats away. However we played the second game on the first day and Maine had just lost..... and there sections were empty.

The I-29 route to Denver from Grand Forks is definately a good option. I prefer it for making time. Take I-29 to Sioux City, grab highway 77 from Sioux City to Lincoln, it's 120 miles and the only 2 lane on the route. You bypass Omaha traffic and shave miles. It's the least scenic route, but the flow from Lincoln to Denver clips along at about 85-90. With minimum stops, it's about 14 hours, just shy of 1000 miles. 13 hours is easily doable.