SiouxSports.com Forum

The number 1 team in North Dakota

sultan

Exactly--never. Just like NDSU!! If you think there were 30,000 Bison fans at the Dome, you are also the one who is telling his buddies the final score was 40-0!!

There were an estimated 30, 000 Bison fans. Sorry UND cant get 30,000 total for hockey and football... And yeah I'm done with this pissy fight, I have better things to do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief. Why don't you all grow up. Act like grown men and women. Both NDSU Football and UND Hockey are big deals in this state. To try to say one is bigger than the other is a bit of comparing apples to oranges. I'm sick of the prejudices that misguide the logical thought processes from both the UND and the NDSU camps. Its sad. Why can't you just let them be what they are rather than constantly trying the belittle one to raise the other up. I will say that I personally think NDSU football is a bigger deal just because football is a sport more heavily sponsored by all schools and divisions. That's just my opinion though. I respect people may disagree with that, but I don't respect the constant need to bicker over who's bigger. Who's better....Let them both be what they are. Arguing over them does nothing but make us all look like a bunch of immature idiots.

Your're right. Petty arguments over sports should never happen on a sports message board. Sorry.

In the same league? If you say NDSu's football program is in the same league as a 7 time NCAA Division 1 Champion and stepping stone to professional hockey for dozens and dozens of athletes, you need some help. Objective or not, your facts just don't add up.

You misunderstood what I was saying....

I'm saying the sport of hockey itself is not in the same league as football. For that reason, football has more upside than hockey. Yeah, between the 2 teams, there are 15 National Championships so we're all rock stars.

When was the last time you heard Gopher fans in hockey say they were embarrassed to lose to the Sioux. That's all I heard last weekend when the Bison beat an incredibly bad Gopher team, that really could be winless and the worst BCS team. When a team that poor is embarrassed to lose to someone, that is saying something.

I don't think UMTC losing to the Bison was an embarrassment to the gophers because it was the Bison. It was an embarrassment because the goofs are supposedly Div 1A in the Big 10, while the Bison are Div 1AA. It's almost the same as if the gopher men's hockey were to lose to Holy Cross again.

I would have to say that UND Hockey is the premiere team in ND. However, when was the last time 20-30k people followed the hockey team anywhere?

What NCAA hockey arena could even handle that amount of people?

It would have to be an outdoor game at a football stadium like a few teams have done recently. I bet an outdoor UND/UMN hockey game at a football stadium would sell quite a few tickets...and being that UND fans travel so well, you would see a huge following with that.

What NCAA hockey arena could even handle that amount of people?

It would have to be an outdoor game at a football stadium like a few teams have done recently. I bet an outdoor UND/UMN hockey game at a football stadium would sell quite a few tickets...and being that UND fans travel so well, you would see a huge following with that.

It would be great to see that many people at a hockey game, but I the outdoor stadium game isn't the greatest. The sight lines would be horrible. I would love to see a big UND vs. U of M game in a huge venue, but I think it it would be more likely to see a U of M vs. Wisconsin game in a stadium. Those two teams are each others number one rivals and both states are known for religiously following hockey.

Your're right. Petty arguments over sports should never happen on a sports message board. Sorry.

These arguments are more than petty. 3rd grade boys are more civilized and mature than those who spew some of the garbage on these boards about Bison/Sioux. Its a disgrace to the tradition of the athletic programs and the schools themselves the way people either (a) think its funny to act like idiots, or (b) seriously take the whole NDSU/UND rivalry to such a level they honestly have forgotten about their own team because they are too busy bashing the other non-stop. Petty arguments are meant for juvenile children who need Mommy and Daddy to make things better. Not for grown men and women. By saying grown men and women, that includes college aged students.

Living in Bemidji, I never heard a word about NDSU football until I was talking to a buddy and he says, "Man the Gophers suck. Losing to North Dakota State is just fucking sad."

Now on the other hand, I hear about Sioux hockey all the time. Mostly it's negative but that's because I'm surrounded by Gopher fans.

On the whole, college hockey just doesn't get the coverage that football does, but many places from Colorado to the east coast know UND hockey. I think you'd have a tough time finding someone outside of ND, SD or MN that knows who NDSU is.

These arguments are more than petty. 3rd grade boys are more civilized and mature than those who spew some of the garbage on these boards about Bison/Sioux. Its a disgrace to the tradition of the athletic programs and the schools themselves the way people either (a) think its funny to act like idiots, or (b) seriously take the whole NDSU/UND rivalry to such a level they honestly have forgotten about their own team because they are too busy bashing the other non-stop. Petty arguments are meant for juvenile children who need Mommy and Daddy to make things better. Not for grown men and women. By saying grown men and women, that includes college aged students.

But, my Mommy and Daddy also think the Bison suck!

taz

1st of all I love Sioux Hockey... :sad:

This last week the #4 vs #1 Division 1 College Hockey teams played to a 0-0 suspended tie because of FOG....?

This last week the #2 vs #8 Division 1 College Football teams played on thursday night BC beating VT in the last 2 minutes.

Ask yourself if the football game would have got suspended or cxl because of FOG, Weather, or anything and not played, how much media coverage would it have recieved...?

UND Hockey (Div1) is great , but a regional sport at best, receiving some national attention.

NDSU football's (1aa or FCS) win over a big ten team in Minnesota (Div1) was a great achievement, but also only a bit regional.

I do really believe they are on par with each other, and the #1 in North Dakota depends upon which sport you enjoy watching more. :D