Fetch

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the game ?

October 20th, Time TBA

Is it on TV ?

TBD- probably end up on the Big Ten network that nobody gets.

If the Goophs will play NDSU how come NDSU won't play us ?

UND wasn't offering up $300k, and it wouldn't set a precident of NDSU playing an exclusive DI schedule (one of the factors for at-large selection in the FCS playoffs).

October 20th, Time TBA

TBD- probably end up on the Big Ten network that nobody gets.

UND wasn't offering up $300k, and it wouldn't set a precident of NDSU playing an exclusive DI schedule (one of the factors for at-large selection in the FCS playoffs).

Good point. Other than the Nickel and resuming the rivalry, there is no reason for them to play us right now. We didn't play them when they needed us because it would have hurt our playoff chances and I wouldn't expect them to do us any favors. I think they will resume the rivalry when it is in their best interest. They are very good this year. I think they will beat the Gophers by at least 3 TD's if not more. (I think UND would beat the Gophers this year as well).

It would be a fun game to play them this year because of our speed on offense but I am not sure we could stop them either. They are a lot better than Central or Western Washington. Bohl is a better coach then the last couple of guys. Lennon would make sure we were competitive but we won't ever know because it isn't going to happen and comparing scores doesn't mean much either.

Things I would love to see JUST ONCE (I hope I spell that right if not please forgive me for my lousy spelling). Anyway, I would love to see either one of these two teams come down to the SWAMP & recive a royal attiute adjustment. GO SIOUX & GO GATORS WHIP UP ON AUBURN IT'S PAYBACK TIME.

SIOUX FAN (HOCKEY) SINCE 1973.

OK I kinda follow that But why not at the end of the year ?

The Govenor should make it Law :lol:

At the end of this year (2007)? I'm guessing UND will be busy with the DII playoffs.

In 2008, although it could be a good year for the game with the FCS allowing 12 games, UND will count as a DII opponent for a FCS school. This is one of the reasons UC-Davis and Cal-Poly didn't want to play both UND and USD in 2008.

From what I've heard (both first and secondhand), NDSU's AD wants to have a continuous series if they get the game scheduled (i.e. doesn't want to play a year or two, have a couple years off due to scheduling conflicts, have another couple games, etc.), so it might be 2010 or 2011 if the series starts up again.

At the end of this year (2007)? I'm guessing UND will be busy with the DII playoffs.

In 2008, although it could be a good year for the game with the FCS allowing 12 games, UND will count as a DII opponent for a FCS school. This is one of the reasons UC-Davis and Cal-Poly didn't want to play both UND and USD in 2008.

From what I've heard (both first and secondhand), NDSU's AD wants to have a continuous series if they get the game scheduled (i.e. doesn't want to play a year or two, have a couple years off due to scheduling conflicts, have another couple games, etc.), so it might be 2010 or 2011 if the series starts up again.

Not that my question has anything to do with this thread, but does it seem to you that both California Great West schools are down this year? Davis lost at home to Western Washington, and Poly barely beat dII also-ran Western Oregon last week.

Its a college FB game, I would hope the Governor has better things to do.

It will be an extra incentive to meet them every year in the playoffs as long as UND is D1AA.

Considering you can easily find the Govenor in Chapman's suite at Bison games, he apparently does not have better things to do.

When is the game ?

Is it on TV ?

If the Goophs will play NDSU how come NDSU won't play us ?

Game is Oct. 20 - game time is still TBA

Game will be on FSN

Glen Mason wanted to play NDSU, but NDSU had a 2 game deal with them and now that TIm Brewster is their coach this is the last year the Goophs will be playing NDSU for awhile. Also, NDSU didn't want to play any D11 teams and plus, why play UND when you guys wouldn't play us at the start of our transition?

Game is Oct. 20 - game time is still TBA

Game will be on FSN

Glen Mason wanted to play NDSU, but NDSU had a 2 game deal with them and now that TIm Brewster is their coach this is the last year the Goophs will be playing NDSU for awhile. Also, NDSU didn't want to play any D11 teams and plus, why play UND when you guys wouldn't play us at the start of our transition?

While I am sure there was plenty of BS going on between the two Athletic Departments; why is it so difficult for some Bison fans to remember that the reason UND chose not to play NDSU at the beginning of your transition was that the NCAA's rules at that time would have hurt UND's chances of getting into the playoffs, win or lose. Since that time those rules have changed. Do you really think UND ducked that game given the dominance they had over NDSU at that time;) Once everyone is on the same level playing field, it will great to renew this game.

Blah blah blah We don't want to play UND anymore because you hurt our feelings a few years back... blah blah blah.

Seriously, get over yourselves.

Sooner explained it rationally. Take whatever irrationality you wish from it. It's your right.

In any case, is it possible to root for the Bison but not side with their fans?

I'm all about the Bison embarrassing the Gophers. However, this year it will mean something different being that Glen "I suck at life" Mason isn't coaching anymore (Thanks in part to NDSU).

I don't think the Gophers can be any better than suck until all of Mason's morons are graduated or off the team.

Blah blah blah We don't want to play UND anymore because you hurt our feelings a few years back... blah blah blah.

Seriously, get over yourselves.

Sooner explained it rationally. Take whatever irrationality you wish from it. It's your right.

In any case, is it possible to root for the Bison but not side with their fans?

I'm all about the Bison embarrassing the Gophers. However, this year it will mean something different being that Glen "I suck at life" Mason isn't coaching anymore (Thanks in part to NDSU).

I don't think the Gophers can be any better than suck until all of Mason's morons are graduated or off the team.

Blah blah blah then please explain why the rest of the Sioux sports didn't play NDSU? (except baseball) That I'd like to hear! ;)

Blah blah blah then please explain why the rest of the Sioux sports didn't play NDSU? (except baseball) That I'd like to hear! ;)

Because I suspect that is when the petty pissing match began between the Administration and the fans. It spun out of control from there. Everyone needs to get over themselves. The athletes and fans are the ones who got cheated here. The Junior High BS gets old with the adults. If they were your children, they would have had a timeout or a swat by now! Everyone needs to put their hurt feelings aside and start acting like they have a brain in their heads. We both have much to be proud of with the respective athletic departments and institutions. Lets not forget what is important here. We seem to propogate our petty attitudes in an increasingly petty society. Sad!

I think SOONERbeaSiouxfan explains it quite well...all the facts are there. If you were in Vegas you'd play the better odds...as big as the UND-NDSU rivalry is, the bottom line is how far you can advance at the end of the year(playoffs). I certainly understand NDSU's postition, they are playing hard ball and are going to make it as miserable for UND at the beginning of it's transition as they can.

I think SOONERbeaSiouxfan explains it quite well...all the facts are there. If you were in Vegas you'd play the better odds...as big as the UND-NDSU rivalry is, the bottom line is how far you can advance at the end of the year(playoffs). I certainly understand NDSU's postition, they are playing hard ball and are going to make it as miserable for UND at the beginning of it's transition as they can.

Obviously NDSU isn't going to do UND any favors, but has no control over UND's transition and scheduling. It's of no value for NDSU to schedule UND in fb. (our games sell out this year anyway) BB doesn't help either since we have only 1 or 2 games that can be lower than DI. Those games are reserved for regional schools that scheduled us during our transition.

Serious question, I read a previous poster say you guys would beat U of M this year. Is that how you guys feel about your team or is he the only one. I know UND is good this year, but that seems like a stretch to me. Comments?

Well, the Sioux might just be able to do it. I have been thinking and saying that the Fighting Sioux might be able to beat my "other" team, Notre Dame. I wonder who is worse this year, Notre Dame or Minnesota? But yeah, I think the Sioux would give the Gophers a run for their money.