SiouxSports.com Forum

Green/White Weekend

yeah sioux sioux

Last night the Ralph looked the way it should look every night. All green, or all white.

White and Green thats IT. ;)

I have to agree. It would be nice to see a "sea of green" at every Sioux sporting event. I'm not much of a fan of the black and/or white jerseys. The place looked great last night and was a fun environment.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed by how many non-student fans were wearing the correct colors. Whether that was coinsidence or planning I'm not sure, I like to think it was planned :lol: Thanks for a great weekend everyone!!!

Just wondering if anyone had any comments, feedback, or advice in case we try to do this again in the future...

I'm impressed by how many non-student fans were wearing the correct colors. Whether that was coinsidence or planning I'm not sure, I like to think it was planned :lol: Thanks for a great weekend everyone!!!

Just wondering if anyone had any comments, feedback, or advice in case we try to do this again in the future...

I think the place looked much better on friday night. Don't know if less people wore white tonight or if it just doesn't show up as well as the green.

I'd vote to do more green outs.

I think the place looked much better on friday night. Don't know if less people wore white tonight or if it just doesn't show up as well as the green.

I'd vote to do more green outs.

It might just be me, but I think there's far more green clothing than white. The only thing white I have that's Sioux is half of a hat. Everything else is green, gray or black.

I'm impressed by how many non-student fans were wearing the correct colors. Whether that was coinsidence or planning I'm not sure, I like to think it was planned :glare: Thanks for a great weekend everyone!!!

WiSioux and Sioux Yeah Yeah, thanks for all you did in getting this off the ground, unfortunately too many fans chose not to participate, and IMO the REA sucks at doing any promoting anything.

If anyone actually thinks the Sugarland concert was cancelled because of snow is out of their mind. The tour was looking for any reason to get out of that show cause ticket sales were most likely less than crappy and there was no real promoting with it.

Personally, I like the white better, but it needs a higher percentage of old people (my section s#$%ed).

I think we should do it again - I like the whole idea, green one night and white the next. It adds to the whole unity thing....

Thanks to those who got this off the ground.

I agree that the white out is better. It's been posted before, but there are too many shades of green. UND's green is "Kelly Green". That should be the only green UND officially markets. I personally enjoy the green jerseys the best of any of UND's hockey jerseys. A sea of white would look better and be more intimidating than a sea of multi-colored green...just my opinion.

Kudos to the folks that worked so hard on making this weekend a reality!

One suggestion I have for next year (and I think it should be done every year) is to contact the schools that have had successful ____-outs and find out what they felt made things successful.

I still stand by my earlier posts that free t-shirts should be given out. Everyone loves a free t-shirt...and if you forgot to wear the right color, well, look at that, here's a shirt for you. It would take more work, but if you get enough sponsors (and make sure to put their names/logos on the back of the shirt) you can get those babies paid for pretty easily.

On Friday night the band really stuck out with their white jerseys during the green out. :glare:

Kudos to the folks that worked so hard on making this weekend a reality!

One suggestion I have for next year (and I think it should be done every year) is to contact the schools that have had successful ____-outs and find out what they felt made things successful.

I still stand by my earlier posts that free t-shirts should be given out. Everyone loves a free t-shirt...and if you forgot to wear the right color, well, look at that, here's a shirt for you. It would take more work, but if you get enough sponsors (and make sure to put their names/logos on the back of the shirt) you can get those babies paid for pretty easily.

On Friday night the band really stuck out with their white jerseys during the green out. :glare:

Even if shirts were handed out, true hockey fans are going to wear a jersey anyday. I was glad to see numerous students wear black jerseys instead of some random white or green shirt. I like the whole white/green out idea, but many people only have 1 or 2 jerseys and chances are 1 of them is black. In my opinion, the green was 100 times better looking than the white.

Almost everyone I saw that was wearing the wrong color had a jersey. Suck it up and wear something else. A jersey doesn't make you a better fan, but getting into the game by wearing the crowd color that night does.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Wearing the right color only makes you part of a gimmick, one that has no bearing on the game. Now, wearing a jersey doesn't do anything either but I think it shows a level of commitment that other sports don't have.

It was a great promotion and I thought it went over great. The white seems to stand out better than the green, kinda like how yellow and red does, but I believe there was much more green on Friday night than there was white on Saturday night. People seem to have more green clothing (my family and people I know anyway) than they do white. I had many options for Friday night (green night) and with the exception of my white hat, had no options for Saturday night. Getting the word out and advertising the green/white nights was good, hope it's an ongoing thing all the time for all sports.

Kudos to everyone who worked on this! It takes a lot of time, effort, frustration and dedication to pull something like this off.

Thank you.

I tought this was great! Here is my recommendation: Make every Friday home game a Green night and every Saturday home game a White night.

Why not? It can't hurt our atmosphere, that much I do know.

I wasn't there but I give a lot of credit to anyone who puts such a big effort into something like this, to help with the fan experience.

I will offer this FWIW. I have a green road jersey. It's what I like to wear to Sioux hockey games. I don't even own white anything, much less white UND stuff.

If it were me, I'd prefer to see green be the dominant color. I think it's better to pick a color and stick with the same color all the time. I don't want to have to buy a white jersey so I have one to wear on the "other" night, and I wouldn't want to wear my green jersey on one night and a non-descript T-shirt on the other.

Of course, the same problem will come up with someone with white but not green apparel. I just seems that Green is the color you think of when you think of what UND's colors are.

Thanks for all the input! Keep any suggestions/feedback coming! I think that contacting other schools is a fabulous idea... I have a feeling if we could get it printed on the tickets for next season that would be helpful. Although I graduate in May, I have a lot of free time before then, so hopefully I can start the planning for doing this again next season :glare:

I tought this was great! Here is my recommendation: Make every Friday home game a Green night and every Saturday home game a White night.

Why not? It can't hurt our atmosphere, that much I do know.

Wouldn't hurt sales of jerseys/sweatshirts, etc. either!

I mentioned this before, but I thought there was much more green out there than there was white.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Wearing the right color only makes you part of a gimmick, one that has no bearing on the game. Now, wearing a jersey doesn't do anything either but I think it shows a level of commitment that other sports don't have.

If anything a jersey is a gimmick! :glare:

A unified crowd is much more intense and intimidating. Don't get me wrong, I have 16 jerseys, but if I only had one and needed to wear a different color, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to wear the right color.

I don't get how wearing a jersey shows more commitment than wearing a certain color to make a unique crowd setting.

If anything a jersey is a gimmick! :ohmy:

A unified crowd is much more intense and intimidating. Don't get me wrong, I have 16 jerseys, but if I only had one and needed to wear a different color, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to wear the right color.

I don't get how wearing a jersey shows more commitment than wearing a certain color to make a unique crowd setting.

I dont get how unreasonable you are being about expecting every single person to wear the exact same color to a game. I think the Green Out idea is great but for cryin out loud, dont expect all 11000 fans to be wearing "kelly green." I dont have any green in my wardrobe, does that make me less of a fan if I show up in my white Sioux jersey (gasp! On a GREEN night too) I wore as a band member? Gimme a break. You can give me a free t-shirt at a game but it doesnt mean I'm gonna run to the bathroom to change just so I can be a "better" fan. :glare:

Most of my Sioux gear is black...guess I'll stay home on the Green and White weekends... :ohmy:

I dont get how unreasonable you are being about expecting every single person to wear the exact same color to a game. I think the Green Out idea is great but for cryin out loud, dont expect all 11000 fans to be wearing "kelly green." I dont have any green in my wardrobe, does that make me less of a fan if I show up in my white Sioux jersey (gasp! On a GREEN night too) I wore as a band member? Gimme a break. You can give me a free t-shirt at a game but it doesnt mean I'm gonna run to the bathroom to change just so I can be a "better" fan. :glare:

Most of my Sioux gear is black...guess I'll stay home on the Green and White weekends... :ohmy:

I'm not disagreeing with someone who doesn't own green/white, but I am disagreeing with wearing a jersey just to wear a jersey like a jersey is some superior item in a crowd when it's not. More than half the crowd has a jersey, what's the big deal about HAVING to wear one.

I'm not disagreeing with someone who doesn't own green/white, but I am disagreeing with wearing a jersey just to wear a jersey like a jersey is some superior item in a crowd when it's not. More than half the crowd has a jersey, what's the big deal about HAVING to wear one.

You don't HAVE to wear a jersey. You don't HAVE to wear pants either, but most people choose to.

Call it personal preference. :glare: