SiouxSports.com Forum

Big news in the wind

PCM

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since folks are into quoting me, and timelines, I'll follow suit and note I long, long ago said:

Instead, the Herald was clued in to start digging really hard. How? By this site. The Herald has more than once said things about "internet sites" discussing the situation.

Instead of a dismissal that could have been readily handled quietly, behind the scenes, by "mutual agreement" or some other polite phrasing in a news release, we now have a mess, a very public and unforgiving mess.

And those on the "inside" could've smirked knowingly what "mutual agreement" really meant while the "unknowing" masses speculated if winter was too cold for a guy originally from Florida.

As an added bonus we now have the "Buning letter" to Harmeson (it's a good read if your name is "Joe Chapman" and you need a laugh at your neighbor's expense). I'm sure it's being copied to eternity by some of UND's "friends". I'm guessing they'll be enclosing a copy to everyone on their Christmas card list.

I'll give you August 20 .... if you give me June 12.

OK, August 20..........I see your June 12 and raise you PCM publicly concurring your acknowledgment of what you posted on August 20 (and later Sept. 5) being incorrect even though it pains him to have to say that FS1 or myself may have posted something that was accurate (deep down though I know PCM still loves me even though he doesn't show it).

PCM, that's the best picture I could draw for you for the point of my earlier post.

That does absolutely nothing to refute my point that negotiations aren't called off until both sides stop negotiating. If both sides had stopped negotiating, Hakstol wouldn't have a contract, would he?

OK, August 20..........I see your June 12 and raise you PCM publicly concurring your acknowledgment of what you posted on August 20 (and later Sept. 5) being incorrect even though it pains him to have to say that FS1 or myself may have posted something that was accurate (deep down though I know PCM still loves me even though he doesn't show it).

Through your public posts and your private messages to me, you and fs1 have me 100 percent convinced me that you are true "insiders." You obviously had information about Hakstol's contract negotiations that very few people would know, which means that you have a source intimately connected to UND's hockey program.

Does your source know how you are using the information that he provides? Does he know that the two of you are spreading this information around the Internet in public and private messages? Does he know that you're sharing it with at least one known "journalist"?

The answers to these questions not only tell us a great deal about you, but they also tell us a great deal about your source.

Through your public posts and your private messages to me, you and fs1 have me 100 percent convinced me that you are true "insiders." You obviously had information about Hakstol's contract negotiations that very few people would know, which means that you have a source intimately connected to UND's hockey program.

Does your source know how you are using the information that he provides? Does he know that the two of you are spreading this information around the Internet in public and private messages? Does he know that you're sharing it with at least one known "journalist"?

The answers to these questions not only tell us a great deal about you, but they also tell us a great deal about your source.

I work in Athletics as an intern and eventhough we are on the bottom of the food chain we still have to sign a contract of some sort that basically says any non-public or not yet released information stays in the Athletic department no exceptions. You can imagine the penalities.

I work in Athletics as an intern and eventhough we are on the bottom of the food chain we still have to sign a contract of some sort that basically says any non-public or not yet released information stays in the Athletic department no exceptions. You can imagine the penalities.

Do volunteers sign the same confidentiality contract? I'm still wondering about the email Lennon sent to Martinsen being published on SS.com the same day he sent it. :lol:

I love the pissing match everyone is in on this board to see who is the "biggest insider" to the UND Athletic program. If you have more knowledge than the next guy and think that makes you better than the next guy that posts on here you need a serious boost of self esteem and maybe a hobby.

The funny thing is people want to be known as the "true insider" and all knowing when it comes to this message board but then everyone signs in under an alias. Seems to counteract each other doesn't it?

This board, at least in my opinion, is for UND enthusiasts from all around the world to log on and talk a little Sioux sports. I feel it has turned into a "I know more than you so I am a better poster than you." WHO CARES?

Post your thoughts and information and engage in some dialog. There are a lot of you on this board that need to take a step back and gain some perspective.

Bottom Line...Let's talk Sioux sports and leave the competition to the student athletes.

I love the pissing match everyone is in on this board to see who is the "biggest insider" to the UND Athletic program. If you have more knowledge than the next guy and think that makes you better than the next guy that posts on here you need a serious boost of self esteem and maybe a hobby.

The funny thing is people want to be known as the "true insider" and all knowing when it comes to this message board but then everyone signs in under an alias. Seems to counteract each other doesn't it?

This board, at least in my opinion, is for UND enthusiasts from all around the world to log on and talk a little Sioux sports. I feel it has turned into a "I know more than you so I am a better poster than you." WHO CARES?

Post your thoughts and information and engage in some dialog. There are a lot of you on this board that need to take a step back and gain some perspective.

Bottom Line...Let's talk Sioux sports and leave the competition to the student athletes.

I couldn't agree more.....

Are you kidding? Looks like Kupchella and his lap dog Harmenson need a lesson in Public Relations 101.

For the right price, I'm available to teach PR 101, Media Relations 101 and Journalism 101. I can think of quite a few people who would benefit from more education in those areas. ;);)