SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at SUU Game Thread

TheLillah

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UND didnt get pumped by anyone in 2001. In 2003, they lost to Mesa State in overtime, I believe.

Your correct, I was mixing up the CWU 2002 score with the 2003 Mesa score. But my point is still valid, Mesa was not a better team than UND that year but UND had a bad while Mesa had a good game and UND lost.

OK, everyone follow along:

1. Walk to fridge

2. grab dry erase marker

3. write "Remember to buy tickets to saturday's Potato Bowl vs. Central Washington" on fridge door

4. write "Remember to tell neighbors/coworkers to buy tickets to Potato Bowl" on fridge door

5. open fridge

6. take out celebratory drink!

7. enjoy the rest of the evening!

OK, everyone follow along:

1. Walk to fridge

2. grab dry erase marker

3. write "Remember to buy tickets to saturday's Potato Bowl vs. Central Washington" on fridge door

4. write "Remember to tell neighbors/coworkers to buy tickets to Potato Bowl" on fridge door

5. open fridge

6. take out celebratory drink!

7. enjoy the rest of the evening!

I'll do 5-7 :huh: (gotta be in Milwaukee next weekend) :D

A little preview of the NCC d2football.com column this week:

1) Lots of love for the Sioux

2) Not so much love for MSU (was this a Seinfeld episode?)

3) NDSU barely beats a team that was blown out by mediocre D2 Tarleton State last week

4) Stein hates garbage

5) Great job UNO on NW

Look for it on Wed!

3) NDSU barely beats a team that was blown out by mediocre D2 Tarleton State last week

4) Stein hates garbage

5) Great job UNO on NW

Look for it on Wed!

i like #4

I can honestly say that I wasn't sure what to expect from this game. I had a gut feeling that it could really go anyway. Nothing would have surprised me. However, I really can't say I expected this. After SUU's showing at Wash-Griz Stadium in Montana last week, I expected a much closer game. The young guys seemed to get a little sloppy at the end but that is why Coach Lennon had them in the game getting the experience.

Extremely impressive win for the Sioux. Utah scored their points at mop up time of the game when they were basically playing against the 3rd and 4th stringers. We fumbled at the goal line too. The score could of been 60 to 0 if we left our Ist or 2nd stringers in their. Considering Montana (the number 2 team in DIAA) didn't put Utah away till the end of the game, it really is very impressive. And Montana was playing at home and we were on the road. The Sioux have a hell of a team this year. We just simply have a lot of weapons. Just think what we could do in DIAA this year.

Extremely impressive win for the Sioux. Utah scored their points at mop up time of the game when they were basically playing against the 3rd and 4th stringers. We fumbled at the goal line too. The score could of been 60 to 0 if we left our Ist or 2nd stringers in their. Considering Montana (the number 2 team in DIAA) didn't put Utah away till the end of the game, it really is very impressive. And Montana was playing at home and we were on the road. The Sioux have a hell of a team this year. We just simply have a lot of weapons. Just think what we could do in DIAA FCS this year.

We could be 10-0 and not go to the playoffs...I plan on enjoying our last year in DII.

GO SIOUX

What a performance by UND. To thoroughly dominate Southern Utah when the week before they gave Montana all they could handle is very exciting. NDSU had their hands full at home with SFA, and considering SFA lost to an unranked D2 team last week it makes the the UND one sided victory even more impressive. I don't care what level a team plays at, whether it is D2 or FCS, it would appear the best college football team in the state resides right here in Grand Forks. The future is very exciting.

4) Stein hates garbage

5) Great job UNO on NW

Look for it on Wed!

I'm not trying to stir the pot here... the Sioux are are a great team and would probably be a ranked D1AA team just like NDSU is but let's take a reality check here.

1) The Sioux beat the worst team in the Great West Conference. NDSU is 3-0 vs them and they blew them out 31-7 on the road last year. How bad is SUU?? SUU hasn't won a conference game against anyone in the current Great West since 2004 and the last time they played Stephen F Austin they lost 40-17 in 2005. SUU would be an average D2 team at best.

2) The Bison were playing their first game of the season and didn't have a cup cake warm up game against a weak team like Concordia St Paul like they usually do. They beat SFA by 9 points despite turning the ball over 5 times to SFA's 0. They had numerous drops (2 led to picks) and ridiculous penalties and still managed to win. Can't remember ever seeing a team win despite a 5-0 turnover disparity. The Bison put up nearly 600 yards of offense, ran for nearly 8 yards per carry, and didn't punt until late in the game. They completely dominated and would have won any other week by 40. Oh...and they were missing 2 key starters due to disciplinary crap. So are the Bison good? Hell yeah. Are the Sioux good? Hell yeah.

The most improvement from any team is from week 1 to week 2.

The Sioux had turnovers tonight too. The Sioux were playing without their starting nose guard and one their starting linebackers too. When you look at who SFA played last week and who Southern Utah played last week and how they each played against those teams the Sioux win tonight was much more impressive that NDSU's. The Sioux were on the road and NDSU was at home tonight. Both NDSU and UND have good football teams this year. I just said from what it would appear to me is that UND might have the edge this year. Southern Utah might have been the worst team in the Great West recently but based on what they did against Montana last week and what SFA did against an unranked team inD2 it just seemed to me that UND is right there with NDSU and they just might be better than NDSU. Dale Lennon is a hell of a coach and a hell of a recruiter. Dale also said they are close to having 12 games on their schedule next year. All I know is if you give Dale a full allotment of scholarships the UND football program is going to do just fine. I once again would like to state that NDSU has a hell of a football team this year too. What a great game it would be between UND and NDSU, but let's NOT go there.

i do believe this is a measuring stick for whenever ndsu plays suu

I don't know whether I would use this as a measuring stick. UND played SUU in Utah early in the season, while NDSU plays them at home after a few games to gel. Last year I did use our game against UNI as a measuring stick, because SDSU played UNI a week after we did in Cedar Falls. This just isn't the same. NDSU will beat them handily, though.