SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

This is interesting...Heisenberg has Cichy, Bruneteau, and Fienhage listed as 2009 now.

SO

Kaip and Radke for Hextall and Lamoureaux

Oshie and Forney for Gregoire and Toews

Bina for Blood

Lamoureaux for Eidsness

and either Gleason or MacWilliam(im thinking Mac) will take Chorney's spot.

i think we are done with departures after Chorney. :):D

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mark my words, chorney stays and no I do not have a link

Given that it looks like Duncan is going to stay, and knowing the advice his dad has given up to this point, that would not surprise me.

I could see a scenario where it is only Blood coming in at defense this year.

With a total of one game of collegiate goaltending experience on the team a veteran defense would seem to be a desirable asset.

So Chorney is either for-sure gone, or for-sure staying?

Sounds like we are back at square one here. :)

The only remaining question is, will the no link poster that guessed right earn respect points :D

I found this discussion in relation to Wheeler's move recently interesting - relevent to our recruits about to be drafted.

------------------------------------------------

For the past 2-3 years, since the new CBA was put into effect, pro teams have been coming after their drafted college players, mostly after their junior year in order to avoid risking the loss of that player to free agency on August 15th after their senior season ended.

"Now, if a player is 1) drafted, and 2) plays juniors for a year before going to college

^Yeah, that is an interesting take on the situation. One aspect of the deal, though, that I read someplace and haven't found confirmation for, is that the maximum salary the self-proclaimed free agent can garner from a club other than the one which drafted him is considerably less than the $850K or whatever the current draft class gets.

So the free agent can go wherever he wants to, just at far less money.

The Coyotes can offer Wheeler a maximum signing bonus of $885,000 while the most any other team can offer is $255,000.

I think the author means "salary" not bonus. It is an interesting read.

So Chorney is either for-sure gone, or for-sure staying?

Sounds like we are back at square one here. :D

Hate to do this again but i have no link either. from what i've heard Chorney is being offered lower then the rookie max that he wants and is heavily leaning toward coming back to school :) and also that big joe and kozek will be back too. don't rip on me if this is wrong but this is what i heard from a pretty reliable person.

Hate to do this again but i have no link either. from what i've heard Chorney is being offered lower then the rookie max that he wants and is heavily leaning toward coming back to school :) and also that big joe and kozek will be back too. don't rip on me if this is wrong but this is what i heard from a pretty reliable person.

i have little doubt that finley and kozek will be back. i question chorney staying...but i would not be surprised if he did stay. with another year of guys staying that could leave...ill say no more

Seriously? If true that would be really good news for the Sioux.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, you can watch Mike Cichy this weekend as Tri-City holds their camp at the Bloomington Ice Gardens. Here is their schedule,

Friday: 5:30-8:45 p.m. - Rink 1

Saturday: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Rink 1

5:30-8:30 p.m. - Rink 1

Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - Rink 1

2:00 - 3:30 p.m. - Rink 1

Also, Danny Kristo and Corey Fienhage are headed to the NHL combine this weekend. Good luck to them and hopefully they can make a good impression.

Hate to do this again but i have no link either. from what i've heard Chorney is being offered lower then the rookie max that he wants and is heavily leaning toward coming back to school :lol: and also that big joe and kozek will be back too. don't rip on me if this is wrong but this is what i heard from a pretty reliable person.

The sioux would probably like to see Finley sign, unfortunately the Capitals aren't nearly stupid enough to do such a thing.

I have to disagree about Finley - To me he had a great year & was much improved - until the F5 & playoffs & I can't figure out, or heard, what was wrong with him then - sure for his size he has a lot to learn (how to use it to it's most effectiveness) & make decisions more naturally

& another yr with us will do him good

I hope he returns BIG TIME !!!

I have to disagree about Finley - To me he had a great year & was much improved - until the F5 & playoffs & I can't figure out, or heard, what was wrong with him then - sure for his size he has a lot to learn (how to use it to it's most effectiveness) & make decisions more naturally

& another yr with us will do him good

I hope he returns BIG TIME !!!

I wonder if anyone has any inside info on whether he is coming back or not and what is taking so long making the announcement?

I wonder if anyone has any inside info on whether he is coming back or not and what is taking so long making the announcement?

I was wondering the same thing. No word from our side, or the Capitals camp, friends, etc. Any ifo would be nice.

I also agree with Fetch, he had a great year other than the most important last few weeks but we'd be crazy if we didn't want him back. Look at Lee.....he'll be in the NHL for many years and this board absolutely threw him under the bus.

I hung out with him about 4 hours last week and I don't think he honestly knows himself, hockey wasn't the main topic most of the time, but he really didn't have a true answer. Joe is a very valuable part of our defense and I would really hate to see him go.

Anyone that says they heard something from a "reliable" source has no idea what they are talking about. We know as much as he does for the most part.

I hung out with him about 4 hours last week and I don't think he honestly knows himself, hockey wasn't the main topic most of the time, but he really didn't have a true answer. Joe is a very valuable part of our defense and I would really hate to see him go.

Anyone that says they heard something from a "reliable" source has no idea what they are talking about. We know as much as he does for the most part.

I hope he comes back. :) Thanks for the tip... I actually would love to see him come back just to make the Joe Haters

squirm but the fact the Gopher fans hate him so much means he does his job. ???