SiouxSports.com Forum

7 MONTH LEFT ON HAKS CONTRACT?

the"source"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the"source" so concerned about everyone's contracts??

Well, I am pretty sure that he is neither concerned with your contract nor mine.

Most everyone else's for that matter as well. The reasons why he is concerned

about Hak's deal getting done should be well obvious to all Sioux fans.

You'd hate to see him leave, and be replaced by a snakeoil salesman like

Ned Harkness, or Tim Brewster, no?

I'm not concerned about this at all, even if they don't sign Hak.

Dean Blais wants the job back in two years. I have some creditable inside information. He will obviously coach the new Fargo Junior team for a year or two, but speculation is that Dean will be back at the University of North Dakota. Hak better win his National Championship this year to solidify his spot as a coach. We, as people need to realize how bless we have had in terms of recruiting and players in the last five years and haven't won a National Championship. Players consists of, Zach Parise, Brady Murray, Travis Zajac, Drew Stafford, Matt Grenne, Matt Smaby, Jordan Parise Jonny Toews, the list goes on and on. I know National Championship are earned and not just given out, but with this years team and the recruiting classes coming in I hope they finally get # 8. The only reason I can't think that we haven't won yet is the curse of the Ralph and logo lol. :angry: of yeah

Rumor during last night's Gopher football game was Hak would join MN's staff as an assistant to Lucia. :angry::)

We had to do something to keep us busy during the game so why not start rumors? :angry:

Proof that UMTC must have one riveting and exciting football team to watch. :)

Dean Blais wants the job back in two years. I have some creditable inside information. He will obviously coach the new Fargo Junior team for a year or two, but speculation is that Dean will be back at the University of North Dakota. Hak better win his National Championship this year to solidify his spot as a coach. We, as people need to realize how bless we have had in terms of recruiting and players in the last five years and haven't won a National Championship. Players consists of, Zach Parise, Brady Murray, Travis Zajac, Drew Stafford, Matt Grenne, Matt Smaby, Jordan Parise Jonny Toews, the list goes on and on. I know National Championship are earned and not just given out, but with this years team and the recruiting classes coming in I hope they finally get # 8. The only reason I can't think that we haven't won yet is the curse of the Ralph and logo lol. :angry: of yeah

it took blais and lucia 3 years to win one and eaves 4 and gwoz 10. i think that hak going to the F4 3yrs in a row is awesome. also, it depends on what other teams you have to play. if und would have played someone other than bc in 06 and especially 07, they would have not only gotten to the championship, but had an awesome chance to win it. and of course du's lucky bounces and rediculous goaltending in 05. i think und has an awesome chance to win it if lammy plays strong in net this year. winning a championship takes an awesome team with bounces. if a few bounces for or against blais would have changed, he could have had between 0 and at least 4 championships.

Dean didin't have the talent that Hak's been getting in the last few years as well and he and his team mangaged to get the job done.

Whose fault was that...

Hak is the head coach and will continue to be. Many factors go into a championship that have nothing to do with the coach. When Blaise got his 1st, he was helped by the 2 better teams in the other semi beating each other up. Hak has not had any playoff (F4) luck, but has prepared teams as well as one could ever hope. This is Hak's team and not Dean's, this will never be Dean's team again.

Whose fault was that...

Hak is the head coach and will continue to be. Many factors go into a championship that have nothing to do with the coach. When Blaise got his 1st, he was helped by the 2 better teams in the other semi beating each other up. Hak has not had any playoff (F4) luck, but has prepared teams as well as one could ever hope. This is Hak's team and not Dean's, this will never be Dean's team again.

never say never but hak will be signed soon

Whose fault was that...

Puck luck, that is what UND needs. This season the Sioux will be older too...

Hak > Dean as far as I'm concerned.

first i like both because both have done great things for the hockey program and ran great hockey teams and were very important to eachother when dean was coach and hak was assistant......2nd how would you back that statement? just curious...

i wouldnt go that far...neither is > than the other, 2 national titles is hard to argue period!

Hak > Dean as far as I'm concerned.

I think basically they are two difference coaches, I respect both men, but they are different but equally great coaches.

I think Hak will get his NCAA title sooner rather than later, If anything hak may have gotten better big time recruits... But it is still early in Hak's career...

Comparisons to Blais are inevitable, but to suggest Blais would have won the title with Hak's talent is unfair. Blais had powerhouses in '98 and '99 and couldn't get it done. Red B couldn't get it done in '97 with a team that was supposed to win it. While we have brought in a lot of elite players under Hak, he has also had to deal with a yearly bumper crop of early departures. What I like about Hak is that he always seems to get his teams to play their best hockey in the second half when it counts.

And I like that toothy grin of his . . . .