SiouxSports.com Forum

7 MONTH LEFT ON HAKS CONTRACT?

the"source"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHIO STATE WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW COACH ABOUT THE SAME TIME HAKS CONTRACT IS UP. DO YALL THINK THEY WOULD WANT HIM? MAYBE I AM OFF BASE ON THIS ONE. I AM ALSWAYS AT EASE WHEN PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIVE IN GRAND FORKS AND GO TO 2 GAMES A YEAR CAN TELL ME WHEN I AM OFF BASE!

I SURE AM GLAD YOU GUYS THINK IT'S ALL GOOD.

YOU'RE OFF BASE!!!!!!!

What's your next cause?

I understand Kupchella's total compensations is close to $100K less than Chapman's. Buning needs to get CK's compensation in line with other university presidents. GET IT DONE, BUNING!!!!

First of all, great news! Congratulations to all parties concerned for getting this done. Now let's drop the puck.

On a side note, did anyone else find the gushing over Harmeson a bit odd? This was likely fed to Hakstol via the PR department, so he's not who I'm raising my eyebrow about.

By putting Phil Harmeson in a vice president position overseeing athletics, he has made clear the importance of this successful transition for all of us, including the hockey program. We are on solid ground, and every one is working in the same direction."

patience was the key, it was a matter of time!!

the "key" word in the article is "coaches" not just coach, hak wanted to make sure his asistants were taken care of as he knows how important they are to the success of the program overall!

Hakstol is pleased to have all three coaches on board with five-year contracts.

"I am happy that this package recognizes our entire coaching staff," he said. "It provides stability for our coaching team and allows us the opportunity to continue to work together in what we consider the best place in hockey. We can continue to concentrate on what is important; developing young men and winning hockey games."

looks like this thread can be changed to hak has 5 years left on the contract, sign him now :angry:

On a side note, did anyone else find the gushing over Harmeson a bit odd? This was likely fed to Hakstol via the PR department, so he's not who I'm raising my eyebrow about.

It never hurts to put in a plug for your next door neighbor. :angry:

A while back I posted that negotiations were underway.

A couple skeptics asked me if I was "sure" via PMs.

Like my post said, I wasn't going to say more then. Now, however ....

Yeah, pretty sure. :angry:

sicatoka, the negotiations were NOT ongoing when you made that comment. You may think they were, but again you,( and mikejm for that matter) , just saying something doesnt make it fact, especially when related to this topic( and in this case my saying so does make it fact, everything I have stated in this and related topics are 100 percent factual). Again the negotiations had ended! THAT IS FACT.

A question for those of you that dont think there are problems with the AD, I wonder why Mr Harmesson is quoted all over the article and Buning has one little comment?

sicatoka, the negotiations were NOT ongoing when you made that comment. You may think they were, but again you,( and mikejm for that matter) , just saying something doesnt make it fact, especially when related to this topic( and in this case my saying so does make it fact, everything I have stated in this and related topics are 100 percent factual). Again the negotiations had ended! THAT IS FACT.

A question for those of you that dont think there are problems with the AD, I wonder why Mr Harmesson is quoted all over the article and Buning has one little comment?

Will you leave it alone now? This is like watching a kid pick a scab for crying out loud.

On a side note, is it okay if I run this post past RedWing; he's sort of the official translator around here now. I'm especially having trouble with the part after "you may thing they were..." :angry:

Agreed. One of the strangest press releases I've read in a long time.

Glad to Hak and staff locked up!

First of all, great news! Congratulations to all parties concerned for getting this done. Now let's drop the puck.

I think that the comment was ment to show that someone other than Buning made the deal happen! I think that is clear from the article (in which the AD is almost nonexistant). That should speak volumes to those who wonder if there is a problem with the AD. And I wonder why a new position was created for Mr Harmeson to oversee the athletic department? Again that should speak volumes.

While not wanting to participate in "who knew what when" argument that seems to be brewing, I have a question regarding Harmeson.

Is he the final say in all things UND athletics? The article states in so many words that he is in charge of the move to D-I athletics... what's going on here? I thought this was the AD's realm? :angry:

Someone please educate me........

Here is saying that Hak will be signed, and perhaps soon. However, it will be inked by an athletic director whose name is something other than Tom Buning, who will soon be going the way of Tom Dooley. Hanging his head.

I think this is a good Bingo.

Will you leave it alone now? This is like watching a kid pick a scab for crying out loud.

On a side note, is it okay if I run this post past RedWing; he's sort of the official translator around here now. I'm especially having trouble with the part after "you may thing they were..." :angry:

You mean to tell me that the contract was re-newed prior to it running out? Huh? What? He didn't really say that did he? Shhh.....don't let it slip out to mikejm that contracts can get re-newed before the end of the term.

I thought you told us a couple weeks ago that "you deal with contracts every day of your life" and contracts don't get renegotiated until the contract runs out. That's still one of the most funny things of self-promotion that I've ever seen on this site. ;)

This is excellent news all around. I was even more happy to read that this wasn't just Hak's contract, but that the assistant coaches were taken care of as well. This is just outstanding news for fans of this hockey program.

Regarding the questions of why the administration, and not Buning, is so often mentioned in that release, I have one question. It's a true question because I really don't have an answer, though I have a suspicion.

The release says this deal is significantly funded by alumni and supporters. If so, wouldn't the UND admin have to be involved a fairly high level in order to structure something like this? Seems like that is beyond the ordinary, and therefore beyond a contract normally structured by an AD?

This is excellent news all around. I was even more happy to read that this wasn't just Hak's contract, but that the assistant coaches were taken care of as well. This is just outstanding news for fans of this hockey program.

Regarding the questions of why the administration, and not Buning, is so often mentioned in that release, I have one question. It's a true question because I really don't have an answer, though I have a suspicion.

The release says this deal is significantly funded by alumni and supporters. If so, wouldn't the UND admin have to be involved a fairly high level in order to structure something like this? Seems like that is beyond the ordinary, and therefore beyond a contract normally structured by an AD?

Fundraising for athletics typically falls under the perview of the AD. It clearly did not, in this particular transaction. At least reading between the lines, it didn't.

who cares when they were ongoing and so forth, hes friken signed, i think thats what 99.9999% of us wanted to read very soon and we did today, some knew before about it and some didnt, this means 5 more straight trips to the frozen 4 of course, im gona make my next 5 plane reservations today because hak only goes to frozen 4's :angry: how do you like them apples ;)

who cares when they were ongoing and so forth, hes friken signed, i think thats what 99.9999% of us wanted to read very soon and we did today, some knew before about it and some didnt, this means 5 more straight trips to the frozen 4 of course, im gona make my next 5 plane reservations today because hak only goes to frozen 4's :angry: how do you like them apples ;)

I'm going to hold off on making my reservations until "the source" has some good intelligence that the time is appropriate... ;)

The point I am trying to make here is that we are not talking about things like how we think we will do this year or who will win the hobey or who will play on what line or such, we are talking about factual information. And when doing so we should be dealing in the facts. That is why I feel that when something is stated as fact but is not a fact, it should be corrected.