SiouxSports.com Forum

7 MONTH LEFT ON HAKS CONTRACT?

the"source"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a rats a$$!! The coaches are signed for five years!!

Now quit with the 'he hit me first' and drop the puck already!!!!

WDAZ reported that only Hak got a 5 yr contract and the assistants a 1yr. I look like the Herald online has made that correction to its story.

the assistants did only get 1 year contracts, hmmm with nice incentives it sounds like. i would think they would have gotten 2 years at least with hak getting 5.

Eades = Flight Risk??

Eades = Flight Risk??

Any great coach is a flight risk at any time, but it can't hurt that this probably gave him a nice big bump. The fact that Hakstol seems happy with that part of the contract tells me that he's satisfied it puts his assistants in a good spot.

I just read in the paper the Scott Koberinski was named the volunteer coach for the Sioux again this year. Is the title "volunteer coach" just that, a volunteer, or does he get paid?

One would find it fishy to be a paid volunteer.

So... when's someone going to start the next two thread:

5 YEARS LEFT OF HAKSTOL'S CONTRACT: let's get him signed for 20 more!

1 YEAR LEFT ON EADES AND JACKSON'S CONTRACTS: Get em signed or at least bash Buning some more!

:angry:

1 YEAR LEFT ON EADES AND JACKSON'S CONTRACTS: Get em signed or at least bash Buning some more!

:love:

:angry:;);)

That's good stuff right there. Whoa, let me catch my breath for a moment...................................OK OK, I think I'm better now.

What club are you performing at this weekend so we can catch some more of that great comedy? :lol:

:angry:;);)

That's good stuff right there. Whoa, let me catch my breath for a moment...................................OK OK, I think I'm better now.

What club are you performing at this weekend so we can catch some more of that great comedy? :lol:

To quote Homer Simpson: "It's funny because its true..."

:angry:

On a serious note I would expect that Assistant coaches are hired on a year to year basis aren't they. After all if the assistant coach is worth a darned you know he wants to be a head coach somewhere.

To quote Homer Simpson: "It's funny because its true..."

siouxnami your starting to show your knowledge on the subject, wait let me rephrase that , lack of knowledge on the subject. Let me give you a bit of advice, if you dont know the facts regarding something, dont try to act like you do, it makes you look even worse.

Because you cant figure it out for yourself, let me help you, the 9 mths remaining and 5 yrs remaining are quite different, and the Buning sitauation is a legitimate problem, just because you arent aware of it doesnt mean its not legitimate.

And one last thing, quoting homer simpson also shows your intelligence level.

siouxnami your starting to show your knowledge on the subject, wait let me rephrase that , lack of knowledge on the subject. Let me give you a bit of advice, if you dont know the facts regarding something, dont try to act like you do, it makes you look even worse.

Because you cant figure it out for yourself, let me help you, the 9 mths remaining and 5 yrs remaining are quite different, and the Buning sitauation is a legitimate problem, just because you arent aware of it doesnt mean its not legitimate.

And one last thing, quoting homer simpson also shows your intelligence level.

The true part referred to your next ridicules thread...

Oh no, not another lecture from "the man", "the legend", "the oracle", fs1. Somehow your endless rants carry little weight with me. Your sense of self importance gets old. I only hope someday I can be as smart as you think you are.

I had absolutely no concern that this would get done. Why, because common sense and not your fake insider knowledge suggested that was the most likely scenario.

Finally I don't give a rat's a$$ about the axe you have to grind with Bunning, if you can't get over it, at least don't lecture me. I don't know him well enough to care. And if you want to take jabs at me, fine, I will just continue to laugh at you. BUT leave Homer Simpson out of this, because them be fightin' words... :angry:

Don't you enjoy circular firing squads? :angry:;)

I would enjoy that, but usually you only get to fire the gun once. These people (and issues) keep coming back from the dead. It's like a really bad horror movie.

Besides, I get enough of that when I read about politics. ;)

On a serious note I would expect that Assistant coaches are hired on a year to year basis aren't they. After all if the assistant coach is worth a darned you know he wants to be a head coach somewhere.

That is true, as was the case with EVERY coach of any sport at UND prior to the initial 5 yr contract signed by Dean Blais.

• 2 weeks later...

This will no longer be necessary, Redwing.

Actually, I expect the Buning bashers to be going nuts. I haven't been to the Community section yet though. Probably won't go over there.

In any case, let the rumors fly and let them be considered fact.

I heard Buning is leaving UND to take over for Karl Rove. Hell, he seems evil enough to some people apparently.

And trust me, even if it is just a break and Buning comes back, or if Buning leaves, there will be PLENTY of Buning bashing going on.

Actually, I expect the Buning bashers to be going nuts. I haven't been to the Community section yet though. Probably won't go over there.

In any case, let the rumors fly and let them be considered fact.

I heard Buning is leaving UND to take over for Karl Rove. Hell, he seems evil enough to some people apparently.

And trust me, even if it is just a break and Buning comes back, or if Buning leaves, there will be PLENTY of Buning bashing going on.

You've got to get off the kool-aid, he's not coming back. See the following from a different thread for what "leave of absence" means in this particular instance:

In my experiences, a LoA (when not directly requested by someone for personal or professional reasons) results from:

"We're choosing to separate our employment relationship."

"You're firing me?"

"If you choose to look at it so abruptly, yes."

"I've done nothing wrong. I'm going to sue you."

"If that's your choice, fine, but if it is we're putting you on leave until the matter is resolved. Think it over."

And it gets ugly from there. :)

Do I know for sure what happened here?

I'm not Tom Buning's physician, nor am I his boss.

Either way you look at it, Buning is not coming back so those who believe he has a chance can just come back to earth from the fantasy world they are living in.

Come on lets not be silly. :):sad: