SiouxSports.com Forum

7 MONTH LEFT ON HAKS CONTRACT?

the"source"

These are senseless allegations and character assisinations rearing it's ugly head. Please refrain from any more of this. :angry:

character assassinations? They don't happen here! ;)

Besides, since when does contract negotiations involve a card with numbers, a free space, and a bored dude spinning a wheel and screaming letter and number combinations into a microphone? ;)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point I am trying to make here is that we are not talking about things like how we think we will do this year or who will win the hobey or who will play on what line or such, we are talking about factual information. And when doing so we should be dealing in the facts. That is why I feel that when something is stated as fact but is not a fact, it should be corrected.

i wasnt targeting you with my post, just yapping away ;)

I think that the comment was ment to show that someone other than Buning made the deal happen! I think that is clear from the article (in which the AD is almost nonexistant). That should speak volumes to those who wonder if there is a problem with the AD. And I wonder why a new position was created for Mr Harmeson to oversee the athletic department? Again that should speak volumes.

Who gives a rats a$$!! The coaches are signed for five years!!

Now quit with the 'he hit me first' and drop the puck already!!!!

This is excellent news all around. I was even more happy to read that this wasn't just Hak's contract, but that the assistant coaches were taken care of as well. This is just outstanding news for fans of this hockey program.

Regarding the questions of why the administration, and not Buning, is so often mentioned in that release, I have one question. It's a true question because I really don't have an answer, though I have a suspicion.

The release says this deal is significantly funded by alumni and supporters. If so, wouldn't the UND admin have to be involved a fairly high level in order to structure something like this? Seems like that is beyond the ordinary, and therefore beyond a contract normally structured by an AD?

I think you're right Dagies.

I believe when Blaiser signed his first big contract it was not an ordinary deal either. They wrapped a 5 year annuity in with the deal plus his salary and other things. I could be wrong, but I suspect that wasn't only handled by RT.

"I am happy that this package recognizes our entire coaching staff," he said. "It provides stability for our coaching team and allows us the opportunity to continue to work together in what we consider the best place in hockey. We can continue to concentrate on what is important; developing young men and winning hockey games."

I'm really please that Hak was able to get some extra cash ($190K) for the rest of the coaching staff also. I'll be heading up there first thing in the morning to pick my $180K. That way we'll be able to get the remaining $10K distributed to the other two guys. :angry:

That thing's been dry for a year. When are you going to fill the stock tanks with Mogen David again? :angry:;)

Is that statement only funny to the older people on-line?

Don't worry PCM I believe you can buy that at Happy Harrys.

"I am happy that this package recognizes our entire coaching staff," he said. "It provides stability for our coaching team and allows us the opportunity to continue to work together in what we consider the best place in hockey. We can continue to concentrate on what is important; developing young men and winning hockey games."

I'm really please that Hak was able to get some extra cash ($190K) for the rest of the coaching staff also. I'll be heading up there first thing in the morning to pick my $180K. That way we'll be able to get the remaining $10K distributed to the other two guys. :angry:

TFF!

I am happy for Hak that he and his staff have gotten their just reward, it is well deserved. I think UND hockey fans can now

find something else to argue about because this will now be put to bed, for at least 5 years. I have to admit I was a little worried at first but

I had faith that Hak would be given a contract in the end.

I think that we can all dust each other off, remember most of us here for the most part are Sioux fans or respectful fans of other hockey programs, now we can get back to our regular debates about whether fighting is good for professional/college hockey, to wether Geoff Paukovich is a thug, and if the NCAA has over stepped its bounds and needs slapping. Also, we can discuss who will be the next Gopher hockey player to take Ben Gordan place in being the designated goalie runner.

Love Goon :angry:

Who gives a rats a$$!! The coaches are signed for five years!!

Now quit with the 'he hit me first' and drop the puck already!!!!

WDAZ reported that only Hak got a 5 yr contract and the assistants a 1yr. I look like the Herald online has made that correction to its story.

the assistants did only get 1 year contracts, hmmm with nice incentives it sounds like. i would think they would have gotten 2 years at least with hak getting 5.

the assistants did only get 1 year contracts, hmmm with nice incentives it sounds like. i would think they would have gotten 2 years at least with hak getting 5.

I suppose I might feel differently if I was an assistant but to me the big thing is that the $ has been made available to pay them on a yearly basis. Assistants are probably more apt to be looking to go up somewhere, and this gives the head coach more flexibility to handle his assistants. I would think this is a pretty good situation still.

I don't know but I'll bet the assistants got very nice raises here.