SiouxSports.com Forum

Memorial Stadium Field

Jeremy_und2004

Well I drove by the stadium and it looks like they are ripping up the turf. Are they replacing it for this season? Are they gonna finally replace it with fieldturf? You think they woudl have done the Alerus first, just kinda caught my eye when I saw the field torn up like that.

Field Turf is being installed. In the long term Sioux Football will return to the site. The current west stands of Memorial Stadium will be at the end of a horseshow. This plan is a long way from being reality.

• 3 weeks later...

Given this from another thread,

A brief story which stated that if UND outgrows the Alerus Center then Memorial Stadium could be expanded to seat 25-35k by adding onto both ends.

UND still has a one year contract with the Alerus.

Adding on to both ends? I'm not understanding that.

Which direction (N-S like was, or E-W) is the new Sprinturf going in? Would the west grandstand be the sideline or endzone?

Given this from another thread,

Which direction (N-S like was, or E-W) is the new Sprinturf going in? Would the west grandstand be the sideline or endzone?

"onto both ends" is how I heard it on TV last night...they did not give an orientation but to me "ends" mean N/S and "sides" means E/W when we are talking about Memorial Stadium.

No mention of Sprinturf or what would happen to the east sideline...

The new Sprinturf is going in N-S, replacing the existing turf, and the track is remaining. Really can't see enclosing both ends unless the track is removed, which in any case would be needed for outdoor track. Seat on each ench of a track oval are too far removed from football action. At this point, the "enclosing both ends" seems more like a negotiation tactic with the Alerus.

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped by Memorial Stadium the other day when I was in town. They had practice going on the new turf. It looks good and upgrades like this will only help us become successful in DI.

On a side note, I was disappointed to see the interlocking ND at mid-field. I don't hide the fact that I'm not a fan of the interlocking ND. With the move to DI, I'd like to see UND get a logo that can nationally be recognized as North Dakota, not Notre Dame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I'm surprised those two knew that I-29 extended north beyond Fargo.

Why always so negative....?

Last year we had 125 Golfers at the Bison Open Scramble at the Grand Forks Country Club.....They are genuine guys, both Gene and Craig

Why always so negative....?

Last year we had 125 Golfers at the Bison Open Scramble at the Grand Forks Country Club.....They are genuine guys, both Gene and Craig

Thanks Walrus. Are you going to be at the GFCC on Monday to welcome us back? Looking forward to my trip up to GF, always enjoy the CC. There were a hand full of Sioux fans out there last year, not many but a few, good time had by all.

Thanks Walrus. Are you going to be at the GFCC on Monday to welcome us back? Looking forward to my trip up to GF, always enjoy the CC. There were a hand full of Sioux fans out there last year, not many but a few, good time had by all.

yes, talked with Pat Simmers today, expecting 125 golfers, hopefully no rain, last year almost ran out of beer....?