SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day Finally Here

4siouxnow

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the fact that none of us who paid for the web stream got to even watch a full quarter of the game I have to say it was a good game. I can't really gauge how good UND is since I don't really know how good Humboldt is. It was a great opening game though and Freund played very well he seemed very comfortable. GO SIOUX!!! Southern Utah is up next...after a bye week.

Despite the fact that none of us who paid for the web stream got to even watch a full quarter of the game I have to say it was a good game. I can't really gauge how good UND is since I don't really know how good Humboldt is. It was a great opening game though and Freund played very well he seemed very comfortable. GO SIOUX!!! Southern Utah is up next...after a bye week.
I thught Humboldt had a couple of good Division I transfers? I did not expect a score of 59-0.

That was a fun game to go to. I didn't know there were so many tailgaters at the game. The Alerus is a lot better than the Fargodome!!! Good job Sioux!!!! 1 down 9 more to go. :D

Even though the game was a blowout, it was a great game to watch. On the other hand i thought that Humbolt state was the cockiest most disrespectful team I personally have seen. The wasy they came and just started yelling at the crowd right away and were more worried about what the student section was doing then the team was just hilarious. I kid you not they were talkin smack even when they were down 59-0. I was also shocked at how they were pointing out in the crowd and cheering on a dirty hit late in the third quarter. It was pretty disgusting and if I was their coaching staff I would have been absolutely embarassed by my teams actions. I couldnt be happier with the turnout of this game they truly got what they deserved.

North Dakota impressive in 59-0 win over Humboldt St.

"I couldn't have had a better start, but I had a lot of help too," Freund said. "This is a great start and I hope we can build on it."

UND coach Dale Lennon said he wasn't surprised by Freund's first game as a starter.

"We have seen in practice that Danny was capable of doing what he did," Lennon said. "We feel he'll be a very efficient quarterback for us."

"What I liked best is we didn't look like this was our first game," Lennon said. "We did a good job of executing offensively and defensively. We resembled mid-season form."

Lumberjacks thumped by UND in opener

The loss was the worst endured by the Lumberjack program since a 74-0 defeat to Boise State in 1986. It was also the first time HSU has been shut out since a 45-0 loss to Central Washington in 2004.

"It's completely embarrassing," Humboldt State head coach Doug Adkins said. "This is definitely the most humiliating loss I've experienced since I've been here."

Attendance was rather good: 10178. More night games?

From an earlier link, the Lumberjacks are going to have a long time to think about this game:

Traveling from Arcata to the Northern Great Plains for a football game takes some creative planning. The Lumberjacks will depart Tuesday morning at 4:30 a.m., making their way to San Francisco via bus in time for a flight to Minneapolis, Minn. After a good night’s sleep, they’ll grab another bus ride, this time arriving in Grand Forks, N.D. for another quick overnight prior to their game. As usual, the pleasure of the return trip depends on the game result.

Attendance was rather good: 10178. More night games?

I'd give that a big thumbs up! The atmosphere was great, for the first half anyways before fans started leaving due to the lopsided score. I would presume a Saturday night game may have even better attendance and atmosphere when most people don't have a full day of work the following day.