SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day Finally Here

4siouxnow

If you want to compare Humpty Dumpty State to Stephen F. Austin that's fine. Shows what little you know about competition.

Regarding UNI, I congratulated you on that but UNI didn't make the playoffs last year either and they were down last year which their own fans admit, but it was still a good win for you.

Regarding the GWFC that comments ridiculous. first of all if not for the work of Taylor and Grom there would be no GWFC for you to join. But thats fine, UND's just doing what it always does, Follow NDSU. :D

And you continue to do what every Bison fan does and still envy the sioux enough to try come and focus on what the sioux are doing every waking moment and not your own team.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you anti NDSU people who think I'm only here to smack you let me say this.

I think Dales a good coach. I think you have a good team but only really get tested when you get to the playoffs and not even all the teams in the playoffs test you ex. Winona.

If I only came here and posted all kinds of positives I'd be a fan of your program which I am not. I am just an interested bystander who enjoys a good debate with substance and some smack backed up by substance. Yes I've been critical of many things you have done for the last 5 years and rightfully so. Now some of you don't like to hear it because it only proves that what we/NDSU said and did 5 years ago proves you were wrong and many of you don't want to admit it. NDSU's success in both academics and sports just chaps your behind and yes it's rather enjoyable to watch. Had not so many been so critical of the things NDSU did and you are now just starting to do, we wouldn't have any of the smack. I suspect the posters who are upset about it just don't like their serving of crow.

I'm sorry I even brought up that stupid Valley Dairy "promotion," which may or may not have even been in effect for the first game, but let's say for the sake of argument that it was. Since one ticket goes for about $21.00, a 2-for-1 hardly results in anybody getting in for "free." I'd be willing to venture that $10.00 or $11.00 will get you at least a nosebleed general admission ticket to virtually any other dII venue in the country, and probably most FCS ones, too.

What is the price of a GA ticket for you guys?

I could be wrong on this but wasn't UNI still ranked in the top 15 in some of the polls at the end of the year. The only reason they didn't make the playoffs was because of the number of automatic seeds that made the tournamment that resulted in some higher seeded teams not making the tournament. UNI was still a very good team. They beat SDSU and lost to Iowa State on like a last second play or drive. NDSU wasn't actually giving away the tickets but you could buy them for like 5 dollars. They were still very cheap. And of course on some of the call in shows in Fargo they were giving them away very generously. One Saturday morning Mc Feeley was giving away tickets and you could get as many as you wanted(no questions asked- no charge).

Also another one of the main reasons UNI didn't make the playoffs last year was their loss to UND put them on the bubble to make the playoffs. After watching our offense last night NDSU is lucky they were "

afraid" to play us this year. They would of had a heck of a time trying to stop us.

I could be wrong on this but wasn't UNI still ranked in the top 15 in some of the polls at the end of the year. The only reason they didn't make the playoffs was because of the number of automatic seeds that made the tournamment that resulted in some higher seeded teams not making the tournament. UNI was still a very good team. They beat SDSU and lost to Iowa State on like a last second play or drive. NDSU wasn't actually giving away the tickets but you could buy them for like 5 dollars. They were still very cheap. And of course on some of the call in shows in Fargo they were giving them away very generously. One Saturday morning Mc Feeley was giving away tickets and you could get as many as you wanted(no questions asked- no charge).

Probably the same poll that has University of San Diego ranked at #5 :D

All of this is fun and what-not, but there was a game last night. :D

My favorite take:

I think it's going to be fun watching Kasowski and German in the middle over the next few years.

Maybe we could have "situational" offensive backfield sets now too:

The "GF Central" Set: Ryan Chappell behind Jake Landry

The Wisconsin Set: Josh Murray behind Dan Freund

The Minneapolis Metro Set: Brandon Dungy behind Ryan Konrath

Also another one of the main reasons UNI didn't make the playoffs last year was their loss to UND put them on the bubble to make the playoffs. After watching our offense last night NDSU is lucky they were "

afraid" to play us this year. They would of had a heck of a time trying to stop us.

That's pretty funny. :D

My favorite take:

I think it's going to be fun watching Kasowski and German in the middle over the next few years.

Your game against SUU will be a much better game and should give you somewhat of a better idea where your players are at. SUU even though is the perenial bottom dweller in the GWFC they did keep a lot of players from last years team and got a lot of DI transfers. They probably have the most brutal schedule in all of FCS and won't get many wins this year but they won't be a cakewalk for you guys. It should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Now for a little reality break. Your guys wouldn't get 100 yards on the ground against our D. Now back to your fantasy posting :D

My favorite take:

Who else stuck around to see the Bobby Stroup hit on that punt return at the start of the fourth quarter i think? That kid is a straight up animal.

My favorite take:

We could also conceivably have an all-North Dakota lineup at the offensive skill positions for the first time in many, many years, with Landry, Chappell, Sorbo, Dressler, Trenbeath and Ott.

Honest question to all here. Have all of you making claims as to who would beat who seen both teams play recently?

Unless they're both playing the same competition, just seeing both play doesn't mean much. And it was a Bison troll who started the inane comparison talk.