SiouxSports.com Forum

Away Games

Sioux-cia

I plan on going to the South Dakota game this season. The one bad thing about the GWFC is the geography of the league. South Dakota every other year will probably be the only away game I'll make it to. Hopefully in the next few years we'll get to go to Northern Iowa again, I'd make that trip.

I plan on going to the South Dakota game this season. The one bad thing about the GWFC is the geography of the league. South Dakota every other year will probably be the only away game I'll make it to. Hopefully in the next few years we'll get to go to Northern Iowa again, I'd make that trip.

That and we can renew our dominance of that school in Fargo.

I went to Cedar Falls last year for the UND/UNI game and met some awesome Sioux fans! Still talk to them on a regular basis.

In 2005 a group of us went down to Vermillion for the UND/USD game. We stayed at the hotel across the street from the DakotaDome. We spent too much time in the sports lounge in the hotel partying with the locals the night before that our group took turns throwing up before we walked to the football game on saturday. It was a great time and we plan on doing it again (minus the vomiting before the game.)

The made up rivalry between NDSU/SDSU is a bit much. But USD will be the most familiar school and team that we will see yearly for a while. And the game this year could easily once again have a conference title and playoff implications on the line. It would be great to see alot of GREEN there this year!

I went to Cedar Falls last year for the UND/UNI game and met some awesome Sioux fans! Still talk to them on a regular basis.

In 2005 a group of us went down to Vermillion for the UND/USD game. We stayed at the hotel across the street from the DakotaDome. We spent too much time in the sports lounge in the hotel partying with the locals the night before that our group took turns throwing up before we walked to the football game on saturday. It was a great time and we plan on doing it again (minus the vomiting before the game.)

The made up rivalry between NDSU/SDSU is a bit much. But USD will be the most familiar school and team that we will see yearly for a while. And the game this year could easily once again have a conference title and playoff implications on the line. It would be great to see alot of GREEN there this year!

Let's dust off the Sitting Bull trophy and put it on the line again!! At least we don't need to gin up some phony mile marker. Should be a great game in Vermillion again, with a lot on the line. Would love to be there, but will be in Madison/Green Bay following the hockey/football.

Let's dust off the Sitting Bull trophy and put it on the line again!! At least we don't need to gin up some phony mile marker. Should be a great game in Vermillion again, with a lot on the line. Would love to be there, but will be in Madison/Green Bay following the hockey/football.

Didnt South Dakota misplace it?

Since I live in Fargo I cant wait to wear Green and White in the Fargodome. :whistling:

Haha I did that at a Bison game a couple seasons ago! I wore a green sweatshirt with SIOUX STRENGTH written really big on it. NDSU's record was less than stellar at that time, and UND was doing pretty good...

Incident #1: Some old lady in front of concessions came up in my face and started talking crap. I laughed in her face and didn't pay attention to anything she said.

Incident #2: As I was walking up the stairs to get back to my seat, a group of (actually pretty cute) guys yelled out "Sioux suck!" My response was (quite loudly) "Wait a sec, what's your record this year? And what's our record this year?" Nobody around me said anything back to that, so I kept walking :p

Not sure which away games I'll make it to this year, but FIGHTING SIOUX all the way baby!!!

(Edit) I am actually a Bison fan too... but a Sioux fan first :D

Haha I did that at a Bison game a couple seasons ago! I wore a green sweatshirt with SIOUX STRENGTH written really big on it. NDSU's record was less than stellar at that time, and UND was doing pretty good...

Incident #1: Some old lady in front of concessions came up in my face and started talking crap. I laughed in her face and didn't pay attention to anything she said.

Incident #2: As I was walking up the stairs to get back to my seat, a group of (actually pretty cute) guys yelled out "Sioux suck!" My response was (quite loudly) "Wait a sec, what's your record this year? And what's our record this year?" Nobody around me said anything back to that, so I kept walking :p

Not sure which away games I'll make it to this year, but FIGHTING SIOUX all the way baby!!!

(Edit) I am actually a Bison fan too... but a Sioux fan first ;)

I sat in the Bison section of the dome during a Sioux-Bison game and when i stood up and cheered people around me yelled for me to sit my azz down. Now my wife wants be to go with her to a Bison game...boy am i going to be bored i think i will just bring a radio and listen to the Sioux. :D

I'm a five hour drive from Cedar City (that is where we play Utah right?) and planon going to that game. Any one else going to that game? Or others?
A little over 2 hours for me from Vegas. I am going to drive up with the family Friday, do Bryce Canyon in the morning, and then goto the game.

A little over 2 hours for me from Vegas. I am going to drive up with the family Friday, do Bryce Canyon in the morning, and then goto the game.

Great! I'll see you there. I think I may bring my little grill and tailgate early but I'm not sure yet. Where are you staying?

I had dinner with Siouxman, Mrs. Siouxman and keikla in Flagstaff this past Friday. keikla is starting Phamacy school in Phoenix and another Siouxman child, Southpaw, has moved to Colorado Springs. They're both talking about going to the Utah game as well!!

GO SIOOOOOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great! I'll see you there. I think I may bring my little grill and tailgate early but I'm not sure yet. Where are you staying?

I had dinner with Siouxman, Mrs. Siouxman and keikla in Flagstaff this past Friday. keikla is starting Phamacy school in Phoenix and another Siouxman child, Southpaw, has moved to Colorado Springs. They're both talking about going to the Utah game as well!!

GO SIOOOOOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just booked my reservations last night, Knights Inn Cedar City, Abut a half mile to the stadium or so they said. Has a seasonal pool with hot tub, wireless internet, breakfast to boot. Looks like a Motel 6. Two nights is about a 130 dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be making the trip with my wife out to Washington for the second year in a row to cheer on the Sioux! The sucky thing is there is no pregame party this year. Last years alumni pregame party was sooo fun with the all you can drink beer and food for a set price. Oh well, should be fun anyways!