SiouxSports.com Forum

HAKSTOL 9 MONTHS and change LEFT ON CONTRACT!

the"source"

Maybe you were being sarcastic, but hasn't that already happened.....like every year since Dave's been here??

There is a difference between being a crappy coach and losing in the frozen four three years in a row. So basically you looking at 2nd and two third place finishes nationally, We aren't talking about a program mired in mediocrity. We are talking about a coach that while has not won a national title there are about 55 other teams that haven

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, im pretty sure that he said that in a recent article.

except when you are a nhl assistant like dean was that first year, he dealt a lot with their minor league teams, that can get crazy...but a head coach, theres not much at all in the nhl, i remember him telling me that once before a coyotes game when the jackets were in town

SIGN HAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

except when you are a nhl assistant like dean was that first year, he dealt a lot with their minor league teams, that can get crazy...but a head coach, theres not much at all in the nhl, i remember him telling me that once before a coyotes game when the jackets were in town

SIGN HAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

If they fire hakstol i am quitting college and i am a senior this year... even if the math doesnt quite work out thats too bad.. i dont want him to leave

my guess is that they will extend his contract. the ONLY possible way they wouldnt is if blais were to come in instead. that is HIGHLY unlikely. Hakstol is an awesome coach, and this will be the first year that he doesnt have tons of offseason losses. it should prove interesting.

also, does anybody know what hak makes? i would think it would be under the state salaries...

my guess is that they will extend his contract. the ONLY possible way they wouldnt is if blais were to come in instead. that is HIGHLY unlikely. Hakstol is an awesome coach, and this will be the first year that he doesnt have tons of offseason losses. it should prove interesting.

also, does anybody know what hak makes? i would think it would be under the state salaries...

off the top of my head, no. but if you go to the 4th floor of the Chester Fritz library, they have the salaries of the University employees. I don't remember exactly what it is called but it is up there.

Maybe you were being sarcastic, but hasn't that already happened.....like every year since Dave's been here??

No, and I actually took part in some of those conversations around the FF in St. Louis, mostly the day after the BC loss.

Let's be honest, getting to the FF is great, but winning it all is what Sioux fans want, and expect every season, regardless of the coach. At some point, Hakstol may be painted with the "he can't win it all" brush, sort of like Woog was at Minnesota, and if he has a few down seasons, watch out.

No, and I actually took part in some of those conversations around the FF in St. Louis, mostly the day after the BC loss.

Let's be honest, getting to the FF is great, but winning it all is what Sioux fans want, and expect every season, regardless of the coach. At some point, Hakstol may be painted with the "he can't win it all" brush, sort of like Woog was at Minnesota, and if he has a few down seasons, watch out.

There's only one event that is more certain during the Sioux hockey season than a "Fire Hakstol" thread: Christmas

IMHO, this will be Hakstol's defining year. He still has not accomplished anything meaningful to the fan base which is hanging fabric in the REA. I'm hoping he has more bargaining power in 9 months with at least a WCHA Championship under his belt. With the team he has for 07-08, I doubt he'll get much of a break from the people on this board or from the administration if he fails to hang a banner at the end of this upcoming season.

IMHO, this will be Hakstol's defining year. He still has not accomplished anything meaningful to the fan base which is hanging fabric in the REA. I'm hoping he has more bargaining power in 9 months with at least a WCHA Championship under his belt. With the team he has for 07-08, I doubt he'll get much of a break from the people on this board or from the administration if he fails to hang a banner at the end of this upcoming season.

There may be some truth to what you are saying, but if you look at what Dave Hakstol and his staff have done, it is impressive. 3 straight Frozen 4 appearances is very difficult, and although our measure of success is NCAA titles, it is hard to complain about the job he is doing. He has also done a great job of recruiting great talent and very classy young men. If you have any doubts about Dave Hakstol, you should meet him personally. He is truly a class act, and he expects that from his players as well. It would truly be a shame to lose him. We all get frustrated with the slow starts, but he always seems to have the team ready the 2nd of the season and I think he is a great ambassador for the university.

i think thats BS. look at some of the best coaches and their first few years. hak is in an elite group so far. people seem to forget that nodak is not the only team in contention each year.

also...dont we have league titles hung?

Yeah Keystone's cheap! But I love my Bud Light! :)

Hmm, I turn 21 in a week... Anyone wanna go out?!

i go out every nite and yes i do go to judys once and in a while and yes sioux players still go there and yes they act like they ru the joint.

There may be some truth to what you are saying, but if you look at what Dave Hakstol and his staff have done, it is impressive. 3 straight Frozen 4 appearances is very difficult, and although our measure of success is NCAA titles, it is hard to complain about the job he is doing. He has also done a great job of recruiting great talent and very classy young men. If you have any doubts about Dave Hakstol, you should meet him personally. He is truly a class act, and he expects that from his players as well. It would truly be a shame to lose him. We all get frustrated with the slow starts, but he always seems to have the team ready the 2nd of the season and I think he is a great ambassador for the university.

You are absolutely 100% correct. Dave is a class act and I do know him personally, his accomplishments are impressive, and I am not complaining. My attitude is rather optomistic and can't wait for the season to begin. I'm simply saying that my opinion is he won't get cut any slack by this board if he doesn't produce more than a FF appearance in 07-08 even though I may. If anyone thinks differently, please borrow me a pair of your kelly green beer goggles.....

i think thats BS. look at some of the best coaches and their first few years. hak is in an elite group so far. people seem to forget that nodak is not the only team in contention each year.

also...dont we have league titles hung?

Not sure what you're calling BS but we hang banners only for WCHA and/or NCAA Championships.

I think everyone that doesn't think hak is a good coach should apply all of there ss.com skills and apply for the job... He's obviously been doing alot of things right or we would have been cleaning off our golf clubs instead of going to the frozen four or watching on tv.. Not only is he an extremely good coach but hes a great guy too every time I have talked to him or seen him hes very personable and always ready to ask and recieve questions about his team...

Consider this - If the Sioux make the frozen four next spring, Robbie Bina should be the only Sioux player on the team who experienced a WCHA season without making the Frozen Four. His freshman year. That would be an incredible statistic for Hak to lay on the table during contract discussions.

Not sure what you're calling BS but we hang banners only for WCHA and/or NCAA Championships.

i think that if he gets to the FF again, there will be only a few clowns that will call for his head if a championship doesnt result. you never know what this team will look like come playoffs or what kinds of teams und will run into. if und has a regional like last years, it is very possible that a FF wont even come. im not saying your bashing hak, but i think that it will be only a few people that will complain.

Going to Frozen Fours is nice. Yes, I'd like a win on Saturday there. But you can't deny three straight Fours.

But I'm more concerned about the slow starts each year. It happened with a very mature team a couple years back. It happened with a young team after that (not surprisingly). And, even after the young guys got that scary experience, it happened last year also (4-7-1 first half at home with Oshie, Toews, and a Hobey winner). The first time a team can't (for whatever reason) turn it on in the second half the first half rumblings will turn into a full roar in February.

Going to Frozen Fours is nice. Yes, I'd like a win on Saturday there. But you can't deny three straight Fours.

But I'm more concerned about the slow starts each year. It happened with a very mature team a couple years back. It happened with a young team after that (not surprisingly). And, even after the young guys got that scary experience, it happened last year also (4-7-1 first half at home with Oshie, Toews, and a Hobey winner). The first time a team can't (for whatever reason) turn it on in the second half the first half rumblings will turn into a full roar in February.

Agreed. The minimum expectations for this program, annually, should be top-half of the WCHA, Final Five appearance, and field of 16 selection. Anything short of that ain't Fighting Sioux hockey. Would falling short of this for one season be grounds for Hak being in trouble? Probably not.