SiouxSports.com Forum

White Out in Grand Forks?

WiSioux

"White Out"  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should we try and do some form of "White Out" this year at the Ralph?

• Do a White Out
    • Do a Green Out
  2. 2. When should we attempt this?

• Gopher Series at home
    • WCHA Home playoff games

Well, working for Athletics could definitely have its perks... If there's anything you guys need me to do/ask, just let me know!

a student season ticket for this year? :)

I love this idea, but I can't think of any way besides what you have thought of to get the word out. Sorry, but my brain is on summer vacation still.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, working for Athletics could definitely have its perks... If there's anything you guys need me to do/ask, just let me know!

Find me a colored picture of this jersey:

sioux2pn9.jpg

:lol:

Though if you (or anyone)can actually find a colored picture of it, you will forever be my hero. :);)

We could shoot them and throw them on the ice when the Sioux score.

I like the idea of a white out better than a green out. It has more shock value. Look at the picture at the start of this post. A green out wouldn't be a whole lot different than any other night at the Ralph. Most people have a white T-shirt or they are sure cheap to buy.

If they try to do it on Minnesota series I don't think it would be quite as impressive, because there are always quite a few gopher fans to spoil the party.

i disagree, a few piss yellow jerseys wont ruin the party, and i do mean party :)

My friend asked AD about it, they said they'd get back to him and of course they never did. I have very low hopes on ever finding a colored picture. Very few pictures were taken in color back then and I'm pretty sure hockey games weren't at the top of the list of those things.

My friend asked AD about it, they said they'd get back to him and of course they never did. I have very low hopes on ever finding a colored picture. Very few pictures were taken in color back then and I'm pretty sure hockey games weren't at the top of the list of those things.

I figured I'd probably never find a color photograph of a Sioux hockey player/jersey with that logo, but I held out hope that I might find it on something else. Maybe another team/group used that logo, and that's where we got it from, much like what we did with the Blackhawk logo. So maybe if you do a search for native american logos and whatnot you could find something. I didn't have much luck doing that, but you might have better luck.

I can't believe nobody has suggested a BLACK OUT! I think that would be cool! Represents all the pucks we will be throwing at the opposition! I vote Black Out even though I don't live in GF..... :)

I figured that was also an option, and would indeed be VERY cool to see... but for some reason I have this feeling that fewer people have black jersey/shirts.... although it's totally an option if people would prefer that...

The only thing I see preventing this from happening is the Sioux jerseys. Too many people have them and don't want to waste having one if it isn't the right color (most people only have one jersey...not multiple). Also, REA/UND wouldn't want to do this because it would decline the sales of many of their products, because if a person had to match a certain way every game, then they would be less apt to buying various products...especially non-matching jerseys.

I dunno...maybe I'm stupid.

This doesn't have anything to do with this topic but I'm already on it. Does anyone have a copy of the Minnesota vs Holycross game from 2 seasons ago, I didn't watch it because I thought the gophers were going to win. I was wrong and I realy want to see that game. If you have a copy and I can borrow it or buy it, I'll give you my #.

This doesn't have anything to do with this topic but I'm already on it. Does anyone have a copy of the Minnesota vs Holycross game from 2 seasons ago, I didn't watch it because I thought the gophers were going to win. I was wrong and I realy want to see that game. If you have a copy and I can borrow it or buy it, I'll give you my #.

i will give you a head start. http://ryan85268.tripod.com/id19.html

im assuming you dont mind me giving out your link, azsioux.

I wonder if a combination green and white (maybe even black?) out would work. It would be interesting to see what more then one color would look like. But other wise, I would want a Green out.

GREEN GREEN GREEN..............would look the best and im sure most sioux fans have that already.................... GO GREEN

This the email response that I got from Brad.... I have also sent an email to the Athletic Department to see if they would be supportive of an attempt to start this event.

Jennifer,

Sorry for taking a couple days to get back to you. I've seen several sports teams do things like that, modeling after the Jets. I think most of them have t-shirt giveaways at the events. I would think that would be the best way to get as many people as possible wearing the same color. I think there are too many casual fans who would forget or not join in. Some schools just have the student section wear one color and that seems pretty doable. If something gets going, I will be aware of it and I'll mention it on the blog and/or in the print edition. Good luck with it. Anything that spices up game enviornments is good as far as I'm concerned.

Schlossman

As much as I like the idea of green, I think it would not look right with all the different shades. If people wore a darker green then kelly green it would also make the Ralph look empty. (Black would make it look empty as well)

The purpose of a white out is to make the crowd look bigger and thus intimidate the opposition. (As though playing UND in the best arena in the country is not enough)