SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Tibesar

NDSU grad

I've heard his name come up alot regarding the speculation that Lennon's gone. But I just don't see anybody leaving a DC position at a BCS school to become head coach at the FCS level. I assume he'd have to take a pay cut. I also think remaining at KSU would be a better career track to a good head coaching gig in FBS someday. Thoughts?

I've heard his name come up alot regarding the speculation that Lennon's gone. But I just don't see anybody leaving a DC position at a BCS school to become head coach at the FCS level. I assume he'd have to take a pay cut. I also think remaining at KSU would be a better career track to a good head coaching gig in FBS someday. Thoughts?

Realizing that his departure from the BCS school wasn't by his own choice, this guy did it at a school transitioning to the (at that time) I-AA level. Maybe you're familiar with him?

Realizing that his departure from the BCS school wasn't by his own choice, this guy did it at a school transitioning to the (at that time) I-AA level. Maybe you're familiar with him?

I didn't click on the link but I presume you're talking about Craig Bohl, of course. But, IMO, that's a non-sequitur. The question isn't whether Tibesar would be successful in the transition, it's whether he would voluntarily leave KSU to become UND's head coach.

I didn't mean this to be smack, just looking for your guys' opinions.

Purely from a professional standpoint, yes, it would make much more sense for him to stay at his present job. But there's also something to be said for getting head coaching experience, as well as a "quality of life" issue of being closer to home. UND is of course his alma mater, and his brother is currently on the team. Basically, it's probably just wishful thinking on my and others' parts, but I heard some rumor/speculation awhile back that there may be some interest there should the job open up, so you never know.

A coordinator job in the Big 12 is a great job in this industry. The resources available to do your job are vast. It is a perfect spot for young coach on his way up, high profile. Unless he wants to coach in a more relaxed, with lower expectations environment he isn't looking in his reat view mirror. Bohl had mixed results at this level but was successful quickly at a easier level. Bohl would be back in D-1 if 1-AA success carried more weight. I don't know Tibesar, but his resume is more impressive each year, he would be foolish to walk away from a chance to be a coordinator for a couple of years at a major program. He may find out that he isn't cut out for it or he doesn't enjoy it, then he may look for another direction. Right now he is on a fairly rapid upward career path that has the potential for major financial rewards.

Tim Tibesar....is our 2nd Head Coach if Dale Leaves....

The 1st Head Coach to lead us thru transition is anybody's guess...If Dale leaves...

I do not believe Tim would even consider leaving the DC Position to lead us thru transition...IMO

The 1st Head Coach to lead us thru transition is anybody's guess...If Dale leaves...

I do not belive Tim would even consider leaving the DC Position to lead us thru transition...IMO

First of all it's Buning's call and he hasn't been kind to legacy Sioux coaches. It's like he's trying to get all his own men in those positions. Isn't there anyone on DL's staff that you would like to take over?

I do not belive Tim would even consider leaving the DC Position to lead us thru transition...IMO

I guess I can't say that this surprises me, but it's disappointing nevertheless. I really need some GOOD news today. ;)

I do not believe Tim would even consider leaving the DC Position to lead us thru transition...IMO

Only if his career path falters, there is a HUGE drop off from BCS to D-AA. He isn't at a mid-major.

Only if his career path falters, there is a HUGE drop off from BCS to D-AA. He isn't at a mid-major.

Totally agree!

But working for Prince at KSU is no easy job (15-17 hour days), he is a task master, but probably why he is successful.

I just guessing at some point Family Balance issues will come into play for Tim, expecting their 1st child soon.

Would a Head Coach at a FCS have less load than a Coord / Head Coach at a FBS school... That's the question...?

I would think the list would be long and rich with UND tradition, disciples of Roger Thomas...

In no particular order...

Jeff Tesch..............Bemidji State

Tom Dosch............Jamestown College

Randy Hedberg......St Cloud State

Kyle Schweigert.....Minnesota Duluth

Tim Tibesar............Kansas State

And I would not discount any current staff members, that would like to throw their hat in the ring...

Chris Mussman

Mike Mannausau

Tim Belmore

John Kelling

UND is a great job and in time will get better.....That is what great tradition gives you.

I wonder if Pat Behrns is interested? ;) He was just in town for the football executive committee meetings? ???

He may very well be interested IMO. And with our impending period of playoff ineligibility, his biggest drawback--playoff futility--wouldn't even be a big concern since he'd probably be ready to retire by the time UND would be playoff eligible, anyway. :silly: Behrns actually is a pretty good coach, despite the fact that he simply can't win the playoffs, but hiring him certainly wouldn't go over well with a lot of fans who remember that mid-90's UND-UNO game in Grand Forks.

Are you referring to the OT game? What happened?

I was a part time equipment man for Coach Behrns back when he was at UND...So I have a pretty good relationship with Pat, but his actions on that day even angered me...

In the 4th Qtr game in hand UNO leading by a couple scores...He re-inserted Martay Jenkins and his #1 QB and , they proceeded to hook up for like a 4o yard touchdown bomb....?

Neither Teams Shook hands after the Game...It could have gotten real ugly....

This goes back to when RT and PB were on the same staff with Coach Murphy (at UND)...Oc and Dc the had some issues over a spring game agressivness of the defense, while the offense was still trying to learn a new system...

PB and RT have never been close, but do enjoy a relationship today, because both have UND ties...

I wonder if Pat Behrns is interested? ;) He was just in town for the football executive committee meetings? :silly:

Oh Man!!! I don't think Behrns has anything on his resume that impresses me. They are very tough to beat at home, but that's about it. Terrible in the playoffs!!

If Lennon leaves..................I vote for The Walrus!!!!!! He seems to know the program inside an out. Diggler could be the PR guy, SiouxMD D-coordinator, PCM O-Coordinator, and Hockeymom as special teams coach (as long as she tells us about her fishing spot).

I was a part time equipment man for Coach Behrns back when he was at UND...So I have a pretty good relationship with Pat, but his actions on that day even angered me...

In the 4th Qtr game in hand UNO leading by a couple scores...He re-inserted Martay Jenkins and his #1 QB and , they proceeded to hook up for like a 4o yard touchdown bomb....?

IF I RECALL, UNO HAD HELD UND ON DOWNS LATE IN THE GAME AND WAS AHEAD 13-6 AND HAD JUST PICKED UP A FIRST DOWN THAT BASICALLY ENDED THE GAME, I AM PRETTY SURE THAT THE STARTERS WERE IN THE GAME FOR THIS DRIVE THAT ENDED UND'S CHANCES. SO WITH JUST THE FORMALITY OF TAKING ONE MORE KNEE TO END THE GAME, THEY COME OUT IN A FORMATION THAT WOULD INDICATE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO JUST THAT, THE QB FAKES GOING DOWN TO A KNEE AND JENKINS GOES DEEP AND CATCHES AN UNCONTESTED TD AS TIME RAN OUT. PURE BUSH LEAGUE ON UNO AND BEHRNS PART WHICH SHOULDN'T HAVE SURPRISED ANYONE WHO WAS IN SCHOOL AT UND WHEN BEHRNS RAN THE SHOW.

This goes back to when RT and PB were on the same staff with Coach Murphy (at UND)...Oc and Dc the had some issues over a spring game agressivness of the defense, while the offense was still trying to learn a new system...

PB and RT have never been close, but do enjoy a relationship today, because both have UND ties...

and Hockeymom as special teams coach (as long as she tells us about her fishing spot).

The football pants would distract me. Then people would write about how awful I am as a coach on these boards......I don't think I could handle the pressure so I'm going to have to stay with my current position, and keep my fishing spot a secret.

But the walleyes are still biting......

If Lennon leaves..................I vote for The Walrus!!!!!!

I'm not sure I'm qualified, I would have to surround myself with the best....

OC.....................Roger Thomas

RB Coach............Rob Bollinger

QB Coach...........Randy Hedberg

OLine Coach.......Chris Mussman.......Asst...Greg Lotysz

WR Coach...........Tim Belmore

DC.......................Dale Lennon

DB Coach.............John Kelling

ILB Coach.............Tim Tibesar

OLB Coach............Mike Mannausau

DL Coach..............Tom Dosch

Special Teams.......Bubba Schweigert.....Also designated communicator with game officials

I would have to try and get some eligibilty back for Eric Schmidt and Craig Riendeau, since they know how to win the big one as players..... If not than Graduate Asstiants......

With this staff I would not have to do much, except eat hot dogs and drink beer....

Lets just thank our lucky stars....Dale is staying... ;)

Thanks that does ring a bell with me now that you mention it.

As far as the shots at Behrns from some posters, I understand there is a history there and he has been a burr in the Sioux's saddle, but it would seem to me that anybody who has a winning record in Grand Forks as an opposing coach should get some credit. UNO was competing with Morningside to stay out of the cellar when he arrived in Omaha.