SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Tibesar

NDSU grad

As far as the shots at Behrns from some posters, I understand there is a history there and he has been a burr in the Sioux's saddle, but it would seem to me that anybody who has a winning record in Grand Forks as an opposing coach should get some credit. UNO was competing with Morningside to stay out of the cellar when he arrived in Omaha.

Pat and I remain friends, we just never talk about that game....

He has done a outstanding job at UNO.

• 2 months later...
Tim has called a outstanding game tonite against Auburn....the KSU defense has held them to just 3 field goals....with less than 5 minutes to play....outstanding job!

right now KSU 13 Auburn 9..

I hope KSU has enough time to come back and score to tie it up or win it!! Auburn 16, KSU 13 with 1:23 left.

I hope KSU has enough time to come back and score to tie it up or win it!! Auburn 16, KSU 13 with 1:23 left.

Auburn scores 14 pts in the last 2 minutes...to overshadow a great defensive performance by Tim Tibesar's

1st game as a D-Cord.....It was hard to watch at the end, If KSU could of got at least 1-1st down on offense they could have upset Auburn at home...

KSU's offense in poor the only score they had came as as result of 3 trick plays in a row...?

and the offense gave up the final TD with a fumble after the sack... :angry:

Auburn scores 14 pts in the last 2 minutes...to overshadow a great defensive performance by Tim Tibesar's

1st game as a D-Cord.....It was hard to watch at the end, If KSU could of got at least 1-1st down on offense they could have upset Auburn at home...

KSU's offense in poor the only score they had came as as result of 3 trick plays in a row...?

and the offense gave up the final TD with a fumble after the sack... :angry:

Funny how these great announcers dont do their homework very well. I heard them say tibesar is from North Dakota State and really nothing makes me more angry :angry:

Funny how these great announcers dont do their homework very well. I heard them say tibesar is from North Dakota State and really nothing makes me more angry :angry:

Josh Kotelnicki is also a UND grad from our national championship team coaching linebackers as a grad asst coach at KSU.....

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.db...p;Q_SEASON=2007

Auburn's defense was a big reason for K State's offensive problems. Considering K State's offense has fewer weapons than Auburn, K State shined defensively.

Although ESPN had their facts wrong, the original reporters did, in fact, have it correct. Here's a blurb on Tibesar and the Fighting Sioux from the Montgomery Advertiser's College Football Notebook:

Predicting how Kansas State's defense will operate on Saturday has been a tough task for Auburn's coaching staff.

Raheem Morris, who served as the Wildcats' defensive coordinator in 2006, left college ball and returned to the NFL during the offseason. The team's new coordinator, Tim Tibesar, coached KSU's special-teams unit last year.

Prior to his time in Kansas, Tibesar was the coordinator at North Dakota. Auburn coaches dug up film of the Fighting Sioux's defense that flourished under Tibesar's direction from 2000-05.

"There's always the unknown, but it's no different. We've got all our coaches back and we've changed a lot," coach Tommy Tuberville said. "That's what's always interesting about the first game. It's always dangerous. It's always good to have an experienced team that won't panic when you make adjustments."