SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureux / Grieco

Big A HG

yeah, he still stood in the same spot. the other guys and the trainers opened the doors when Anthony was hurt. but anyway, back to Phil and Anthony. Phil is the number one goalie until he loses it or gets hurt. end of story. no use debating it.

That wasn't the point of this thread... :silly:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some NHL scouts might disagree with you. There was a rumor of the blue-jackets looking at a defenseman from South last season. In recent seasons many ND players have gotten to the Next Level "Junior A or D1".

I'm not sure who from Central you were talking about, no one on that team is close to fitting any billing.

First off, do you have a list of names and players. Second I am surprised you can even see past red river high school.

yeah, he still stood in the same spot. the other guys and the trainers opened the doors when Anthony was hurt. but anyway, back to Phil and Anthony. Phil is the number one goalie until he loses it or gets hurt. end of story. no use debating it.

You missed the point, :silly: meaning he will be no where but on the bench or in the stands. Not playing.

uhh, yeah, it was a joke :ohmy: ..........and congrats on knowing where every player sits and stands every minute of the game ;)

uhh, yeah, it was a joke :ohmy: ..........and congrats on knowing where every player sits and stands every minute of the game ;)

sorry, finals week and nothing is really a joke right now. And thank you, sitting across from them every game and watching them laugh at the Trunk Monkey commercials had to pay off sooner or later. ;)

Ryan Potulny

2005-06 Minnesota Golden Gophers WCHA 41 38 25 63

Drew Stafford

2005-06 North Dakota Fighting Sioux WCHA 41 24 23 47

Travis Zajac

2005-06 North Dakota Fighting Sioux WCHA 45 17 27 44

I think Potloony's last shift as a college hockey player was his most defining moment wearing the upside-down W. got his pocket picked in the corner offensive zone, didn't hustle back, and the unthinkable happend. Also, whomever said UND would've won a national chip if Grant was on the team is high! can i get some?

Call me what you want, but if you actually think that ry-ry is a better player standing on the dot and swatting at pucks that danny boy feeds him across the slot vs. Zajac and his game ,you truly know nothing about the hockey. ry-ry may have posted more points than Zajac, but again, I don't always believe stats are the best indication of how good a player really is. Zajac stepped right in and had an immediate impact on a team that went to the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I don't think he really cares that ry-ry put up more NCAA points than he did. bucky$hit, and livestoplaywithhimself show their intelligence with every post they make (or lack of intelligence.) I hate to tell you this, but there are many players who do the little things so well that guys like you don't even notice them, all you see are numbers and base all of your opinions on that. Open your eyes boys, there is alot more going on out on the ice then just goals and assists. Any way, this thread is about Lammy and Grieco, so let's get back to that.

bucky$hit, and livestoplaywithhimself show their intelligence with every post they make (or lack of intelligence.) I hate to tell you this, but there are many players who do the little things so well that guys like you don't even notice them,

Good points.

I will forever remember Ryan and Dan for their last ever college shift:

- one stuck his stick into a passing lane (by reaching and not moving his feet) hoping to break up a pass that never happened

- the other dogged it back down the ice and was of no consequence in the play (but had a great view to see the rebound buried)

Thank you Tyler MacGregor.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread:

Grieco has to play enough in 2007-08 so he's ready to be the top guy in fall of 2008. As good as Eidsness may be he'll still be a freshman. If Eidsness can take the top job from a well-prepared guy all the better.

Grieco has to play enough in 2007-08 so he's ready to be the top guy in fall of 2008. As good as Eidsness may be he'll still be a freshman. If Eidsness can take the top job from a well-prepared guy all the better.

Although there are some that will say that Walski was robbed ;):ohmy: I think that is probably the case.

I'd take Irmen's git over ry ry any day of the week. Ry ry can flat out shoot the puck but doesn't create that much on his own. It'll be tough for him to hang in the NHL, similar to Bo in my opinion. Bo and Ry Ry aren't going to be 3rd line guys and they are very boardline 2nd line NHL players. If they are with top set-up guys they can score but there aren't grinders or checking line players.

Stafford has, in my opinion, the most skill or the mentioned players. And Zajac can definitely play on the 2nd through 4th lines.

Points aren't the only indicator. This past year I'd take Toews or Oshie over Duncan.

I'd take Irmen's git over ry ry any day of the week. Ry ry can flat out shoot the puck but doesn't create that much on his own. It'll be tough for him to hang in the NHL, similar to Bo in my opinion. Bo and Ry Ry aren't going to be 3rd line guys and they are very boardline 2nd line NHL players. If they are with top set-up guys they can score but there aren't grinders or checking line players.

Stafford has, in my opinion, the most skill or the mentioned players. And Zajac can definitely play on the 2nd through 4th lines.

Points aren't the only indicator. This past year I'd take Toews or Oshie over Duncan.

Duncan is the guy that single-handedly kept this team competitive the 1st half of this year while Toews and Oshie were battling injuries and Toews was playing in the World Jr's. Without him carrying this team this past year, it could have been even uglier than it was the 1st half for the team.

I'm as critical of any goaltender that stood on his head against SCSU as anyone.

Hey Lives to play answer this:

Since stats are an obvious foundation for all your disrespect:

Look back on this year and answer this:

Which UND goaltender lead the Sioux during the regular season in number of times named to a Player of the Week Honor (either defensive or rookie).

Give you a hint because I can't wait:

It's not Walski or Lamoreaux.

Kinda odd when the only goaltender to recieve regular season honors from the league is a guy who should be a third stringer, no?

Seriously, dude, I am not about the changing of the name and the name calling like others here (and you're prone to do so in response it appears, but I digress), but you're going to HAVE to figure out a way to get over your fixation against Grieco.

Instead of trying to find fault in players and fans who support those players by citing frivilous and sketchy reasoning ("biased aganst players from North Dakota" Ah... give me an F-in break), realize that Walski is a great addition to the Sioux but is destined to be only a third string goaltender and a backup for Phil and Anthony. A much needed position, but if you think Walski is going to get playing time in a game that counts, then ask yourself how good the last Sioux team was that had to utilize their third stringer in regular season games? I don't think we need another 2001-2002 seasion.

And, yeah, I am fixated against fans who are too preoccupied trying to find fault with players on a team they supposedly root for to see the positives they bring to the team and then make arguments that are idiotic or impractical (SIGN X!! I hope Y leaves soon! Let Q play, what do we have to lose?) Really... who knows what Walski is capable of but I don't care as long as Grieco and Phil are on the team and Hakstol is making the decision not to play Walski. But then, I bet Hakstol has a thing against North Dakota players as well. :ohmy:

I'm as critical of any goaltender that stood on his head against SCSU as anyone.

Which UND goaltender lead the Sioux during the regular season in number of times named to a Player of the Week Honor (either defensive or rookie).

Kinda odd when the only goaltender to recieve regular season honors from the league is a guy who should be a third stringer, no?

Seriously, dude, I am not about the changing of the name and the name calling like others here (and you're prone to do so in response it appears, but I digress), but you're going to HAVE to figure out a way to get over your fixation against Grieco.

Instead of trying to find fault in players and fans who support those players by citing frivilous and sketchy reasoning ("biased aganst players from North Dakota" Ah... give me an F-in break), realize that Walski is a great addition to the Sioux but is destined to be only a third string goaltender and a backup for Phil and Anthony. A much needed position, but if you think Walski is going to get playing time in a game that counts, then ask yourself how good the last Sioux team was that had to utilize their third stringer in regular season games? I don't think we need another 2001-2002 seasion.

And, yeah, I am fixated against fans who are too preoccupied trying to find fault with players on a team they supposedly root for to see the positives they bring to the team and then make arguments that are idiotic or impractical (SIGN X!! I hope Y leaves soon! Let Q play, what do we have to lose?) Really... who knows what Walski is capable of but I don't care as long as Grieco and Phil are on the team and Hakstol is making the decision not to play Walski. But then, I bet Hakstol has a thing against North Dakota players as well. :ohmy:

Which goalie let in 4 goals in the first period against UAA and then redeemed himself the next night and only let in 4 goals in the whole game?

Which goalie let in 9 goals in 2 games against Mankato?

Which goalie had a 3.49 GAA last season?

You cling to the SCSU series where he only let in 3 goals, My knock is his consistency. You think he played consistently and I don't thats the main difference.

Redwing_77, I really liked what you said here, this was a genius piece of work. I really enjoy reading your posts they really make me laugh, funny thing is that Lives-to-play-withhimself_06 will respond back with some childish, sophmoric highschool response about how Grieco is a !@#!$ goalie that he doesn't respect and was lit up during the UAA series. It doesn't matter that Grieco won player of the week honors after beating SCSU. It doesn't matter that even the good goalie like Bobby G let in 6 against UND. Actually I think we are wasting our time with a high school kid/troll that doesn't have a clue whate he is talking about. I mean seriously, the kid is acting like Eddie Belfour's word don't mean jack s#!t. Apparently the view from Red River High school is pretty rosie. Hence his name lives-to-playwith-himself_06. ;););)

Thanks Goon.

However, Lives to play doesn't realize that I don't care who Walski is, where he's from, or what he has done in the past. No one is more consistent than a goaltender that has never played any real time in the league. So, that 0.00 GAA and 1.000 Save% looks really darn good compared to Grieco's numbers.

Interesting that I never mentioned the word "consistency" at all in my posts about Grieco. After all, if Grieco was consistently good, I'd be arguing whether or not Grieco or Phil should be the #1 goaltender. I'm not doing anything of the sort. I'm saying that, in the depth charting of the Sioux, unless Hak states otherwise, Grieco is the #2. PERIOD.

I "cling" to the SCSU series because Grieco showed what he was capable of during that series. I also disregard the MSUM series because a goaltender is only as good as the Team D around him. If the Team D plays poorly, not even the best goaltenders can prevent the worst teams from eventually scoring. However, oddly enough, UND still ended up without a loss both games. Something that is easily forgotten. It doesn't matter what the stats are as long as the "W" goes in the column, IMO.

I've said it before, though, it is increasingly apparent that there is nothing anyone can say to change his mind. Grieco sucks, that's all that matters. If Walski is given a shot and shelled, then obviously we need to get a new goaltender because Grieco and Walski will then suck. Oh well.

No reasoning with them.

Which of the backup goalies wore a green mask with ND on the chin? I'm working on my F4 practice photos and I only seem to have one goalie other than Lamoureux.

Thanks,

-Melissa

From what I can tell, Grieco has a neck protector while Walski does not appear to. (at least in the picture that I have) If you wanted, I could email you the pictures that I have and you can compare them to your pictures...

From what I can tell, Grieco has a neck protector while Walski does not appear to. (at least in the picture that I have) If you wanted, I could email you the pictures that I have and you can compare them to your pictures...

They both wear all green? (It's graduated, not solid). Are their pad designs the same as well? I just wanted to cut down on the unidentifieds and not give y'all an easy mistake (since I always seem to have atleast one error on any UND gallery) to point out :-).

They both wear all green? (It's graduated, not solid). Are their pad designs the same as well? I just wanted to cut down on the unidentifieds and not give y'all an easy mistake (since I always seem to have atleast one error on any UND gallery) to point out :-).

Ahh... they have very different pad designs. Team Photo if you click on the team photo it will enlarge. Grieco is on the far left, Phil in the center, and Walski on the far right. Grieco has a lot more green on his pads while Walski has much more white. Hope that helps