SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureux / Grieco

Big A HG

I was just wondering how much Grieco will get an oppurtunity to play this year....

My thought is that he is going to play substantially more, which will:

a) rest Lammy more than this past year

b) get him more acustomed to WCHA play, more than what he gets in practice

c) allows him to play in more of 'pressure' situation by playing him in-game

I think you may see Grieco play 1 out of every 4 regular season games, mainly against the less competitive teams of 07-08, that way if he has an off game we will be more apt to still win.

Grieco started 6 games and had a Save percentage of .884, but with some more oppurtunity, and another year under his belt, I think he can (and will be) more prepared for 08-09. I think if we can get Grieco to start maybe 10 games or so, that will put us in a good situation, because we will still have a winning record under Grieco anyways, so we won't lose much by playing him more...we'll only gain some for the following season.

What do you think?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering how much Grieco will get an oppurtunity to play this year....

I think you may see Grieco play 1 out of every 4 regular season games, mainly against the less competitive teams of 07-08, that way if he has an off game we will be more apt to still win.

Grieco started 6 games and had a Save percentage of .884, but with some more oppurtunity, and another year under his belt, I think he can (and will be) more prepared for 08-09. I think if we can get Grieco to start maybe 10 games or so, that will put us in a good situation, because we will still have a winning record under Grieco anyways, so we won't lose much by playing him more...we'll only gain some for the following season.

What do you think?

I think that if they have everyone come back, the boys would be very successful with even me in the nets.

What do you think?

I agree. He hasn't proven himself but if he is the guy for the future you have to give him some reps.

with this Brad Eidness coming in, I really wonder how much time Greico will be getting, supposedly eidness sounds like a fairly good goal tender.

Siouxhockey5

Eidness won't be coming until after Phil leaves, so presumably Eidness and Greico will be fighting for the top spot then. Walski, I am sorry to say will probably never be number 1, he is only number 2 when someone gets hurt.

grieco 10 starts or so maybe. its phils team, he proved it last year but grieco will get starts to keep fresh in case. i think phil can put up great numbers next year with the team returning!

Throw him down the river!

When Hakstol wants to rest Phil, play Walski. After all, he did make about 70 saves in some High School game within the last 5 years or something like that. :silly: Oops! Forgot that he's from North Dakota, which autmatically makes him better than Grieco. Sorry for the omission.

So far, Grieco can't beat UAA but he can beat MSUM and SCSU. So, I think Grieco should play only against SCSU and MSUM, leave UAA to Phil, and perhaps get a few more odd starts here and there during the season. :ohmy:

When Hakstol wants to rest Phil, play Walski. After all, he did make about 70 saves in some High School game within the last 5 years or something like that. :silly: Oops! Forgot that he's from North Dakota, which autmatically makes him better than Grieco. Sorry for the omission.

So far, Grieco can't beat UAA but he can beat MSUM and SCSU. So, I think Grieco should play only against SCSU and MSUM, leave UAA to Phil, and perhaps get a few more odd starts here and there during the season. :ohmy:

reality is its phil's team, grieco will have his chances for sure but if he doesnt produce its phil every night no matter what and there isnt a thing wrong with that after he turned his season/career around in the 2nd half of last season!

reality is its phil's team, grieco will have his chances for sure but if he doesnt produce its phil every night no matter what and there isnt a thing wrong with that after he turned his season/career around in the 2nd half of last season!

I do and don't agree. I agree that Phil is the obvious candidate to carry the load, but we all know it's all about who prepares best, practices best, and finally performs in the games. No one is guarenteed anything.

Although I think the situation should be re-evaluated at the start of the season. Nothing has lead me to believe Greico will rival Phil for ice-time.

I like how you talk down on Walski like some do to Greico. It's ok for you to talk down Walski but everyone who talks down on Greico isn't a Sioux fan. Where do you get your logic Red?

Although I think the situation should be re-evaluated at the start of the season. Nothing has lead me to believe Greico will rival Phil for ice-time.

I like how you talk down on Walski like some do to Greico. It's ok for you to talk down Walski but everyone who talks down on Greico isn't a Sioux fan. Where do you get your logic Red?

it was sarcastic, hence the big smile smiley. It was directed towards the Sioux fans who think that Walski should be number one or two goalie because he is from ND and made 70 saves in a high school game.

I do and don't agree. I agree that Phil is the obvious candidate to carry the load, but we all know it's all about who prepares best, practices best, and finally performs in the games. No one is guarenteed anything.

sorry, phil will have to really crap the bed weekly not to be the man, i highly doubt he will be beat out in practice and if so he would not start 1 game if even that

I guess I wasn't trying to say that Grieco is equal to, or better than, Lammy. I was just saying that someone will need to replace Phil one day, so we should try to get Anthony a few more reps at the starting goalie spot this year. It will only help is in the long run...

it was sarcastic, hence the big smile smiley. It was directed towards the Sioux fans who think that Walski should be number one or two goalie because he is from ND and made 70 saves in a high school game.

It might have been sarcastic but it still is talking down to Walski. I know some people think because he is from ND he should be the backup but why do others dismiss him so easily because he is from ND? The coach makes the decision and geography isn't a factor either way. I can't believe I agree with Live 2 play, but show Walski some love! :ohmy:

Phil is the man next year no doubt. becuase he' a senior, the team will have to get some back-up rotation going next year as to have some experience between the pipes the following year. It won't be splittsies every weekend but A.G. will get 35% of games in net...imo. By changing goalies it also presents your skaters with a different challenge for that particular game. The best teams can win in whatever style of game is played on the ice. High scoring, you out score them. Low scoring, you don't let you get to the front of the net. my .02 cents.

Trupp for R.O.Y. 2008!!!!

\m/(-_-)\m/

It might have been sarcastic but it still is talking down to Walski. I know some people think because he is from ND he should be the backup but why do others dismiss him so easily because he is from ND? The coach makes the decision and geography isn't a factor either way. I can't believe I agree with Live 2 play, but show Walski some love! :ohmy:

I like how I have a few posters up in arms about Walski. It was purely sarcastic and I don't care what you think my perspective is on Walski.

Those who see me "talking down" on Walski typically don't care for what I have to say anyways about him even when I'm not talking down to him. Walski is our 3rd stringer. He will be our 3rd stringer next season barring injury to Phil or Anthony. He will be the 3rd stringer (again barring injury) when he graduates. Period, the end, have a nice day. It's not a reflection of how "bad" Walski is. It's a reflection of how good Grieco and Phil are.

I love the rationale though. We should be more willing to give Walski a shot because of his past and where he's from but we shouldn't give Grieco a shot because he lost two to UAA and gave up too many goals to Mankato (even though we won both games and that very few of those goals were given up 5 on 5 and even though our Team D was atrocious).

Sorry folks, if you "Talk nice to Walski" posters only were reciprocating towards Grieco (read Lives to play's posts on Grieco and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about) I wouldn't really care so much.

Phil

Anthony

Aaron

That's your 1, 2, and 3. Aaron might get a little time somewhere, but don't expect it. If Phil takes a rest, I'd expect Anthony.

I am so glad the coach isn't listening to your respect or not respect list or your evaluation on talent, if he was he would have to be high. I would be willing to bet that Grieco reguardless of your assessment will do a decent job fighting for playing time and will probably get his share of work. All the while Walski will be sitting on the bench opening the door for the players.

I am so glad the coach isn't listening to your respect or not respect list or your evaluation on talent, if he was he would have to be high. I would be willing to bet that Grieco reguardless of your assessment will do a decent job fighting for playing time and will probably get his share of work. All the while Walski will be sitting on the bench opening the door for the players.

Goon, how dare you question playswithhimselfs credibility, if he says something, you need to accept it as "the way it is." Or as Stone Cold Steve Austin put it...."that's the bottom line......." :silly:

Why don't you personally put this whole issue to bed for us, once and for all. Get on the phone to Ed Belfour and ask him what was he thinking when he recruited Greico for UND. After all, how could the Eagle know as much about goaltending as you do. :silly: