SiouxSports.com Forum

Rookie of the Year Award

hrkac

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Sioux will show the rest of the WCHA's finest who is who this weekend.

Let's Go Sioux Let's make a statement. No Sioux on the 1st Team?:D?

Parise got Screwed. I can't believe a good Minnesota kid got screwed by the WCHA right here in St. Paul.

I remember the Badgers got all the accolades one year and a couple of em had to crawl off the ice on the first shift.

The Sioux won the Broadmoor and the National Title and the Badgers lost two straight and disapeared.

I think this team can do that Let's Go!!!! :);):lol:

Although I don't get too wound up about individual awards, I find bertimb's heading in here to gloat and attempt to rub it in in poor taste. Jerk. YOu've been breathing way too much exhaust (or maybe not enough).

Wondered why I still dislike the Gophers after not being around for many years. Now I remember. BTW, I wouldn't even think of showing up on the poi board and posting, haha, we won.

I am not doing it to be a jerk or a A$$. Just a Friendly Rivaly.

If I was a jerk, I would not have done a ton of work to set up a POI vs UND game this weekend.

Also if Zach won the award, i bet there would be about 50 posts on POI now from Sioux fans(like U2bad etc...)

I have never met Zach, but from what I have read about this outstanding young man, I would think he is looking towards the Team Accomplishments (i.e. National Championships) as opposed to the Personal Accomplishments that the FANS seem to make a bigger deal out of. Congrats to Mr. Vanek.

I am sure Thomas would give that award up, for a NCAA title. Any player would...Wait maybe not a WI or SCSU player...They are to dumd.

Zach is one hell of a player on the ice.

I wish there was a all-star game where Thomas and Zach could play on the same line together

Also if Zach won the award, i bet there would be about 50 posts on POI now from Sioux fans

Bertibm:

As a Sioux fan and a frequent lurker on POI, I disagree. Pro-UND posters have been virtually non-existent since..oh..about January. Whether that's a by-product of the Sioux-Gophers only playing once, a reflection of the standings, fallout from the U2Bad fiasco, or some other phenomena, your guess is as good as mine.

BTW...Congratulations to Vanek. Either player would have been a great choice.

Ok, maybe I should have said Sioux fans like U2bad etc......Most of the people on here respect the game of college hockey and the team, I know I do.

Sorry if you took my post in the wrong way. I was just saying Way to GO

I edited that last post so you know I am not talking about all sioux fans.

Chad Roberg was on it too. What's your point?

By the way, I'd rather have a National Title than be on the Hobey ballot or win the WCHA R.O.Y. award. At least Vanek's got a shot this year...

(see ya Sunday at 'Tonka!!) :D

Chad Roberg was on it too.  What's your point?

I don't think he was talking about the fan ballot that includes anyone that can drum up a few fan votes. I believe he was referring to the ballot of Hobey Baker finalists, as selected by the coaches, which definitely does not include 0-point wonder Roberg.

I think ROY is the freshman who makes the biggest on-ice impact for a team. Vanek certainly fits the bill. Hobey Baker is an award that identifies the finest college hockey student-athlete; it's not just a stats based award. Perhaps that's how Parise can be on that list and not be ROY.

I've thought all along that Vanek has a quicker route to the NHL than Parise. Both are great players; the WCHA is fortunate.

Go Sioux!

taz

I will be the first to admit that I am a homer and would love nothing more than to see Parise win the award (of which he stands a great chance). I have to be the devils advocate hear and bring up a point that you are all failing to address, but will face come Thursday. Isaac Reichmuth the goalie for Duluth is one of the hottest freshmen goalies not only in the league, but in the NCAA. He has a solid GAA and which is impressive considering that only Michigan Tech's Goalie had more saves this year. I think when you look at a ROY you have to not only look at how they performed statistically, but how instrumentally they were in their teams accomplishments. The only good news for us Sioux fans is that this Duluth will live and die by this kid's performance.

I told you so.

Not that it matters, but according to today's St. Paul's Pioneer Press Vanek did win by one vote. Congrats to him.

And although I don't think Parise has a shot at winning the hobey this year, it is quite remarkable to see a 18-year old get national recognition by being named a hobey finalist. It is well deserved!

Not that it matters, but according to today's St. Paul's Pioneer Press Vanek did win by one vote. Congrats to him.

And although I don't think Parise has a shot at winning the hobey this year, it is quite remarkable to see a 18-year old get national recognition by being named a hobey finalist. It is well deserved!

I think the HB committee put Parise in there to save face for all the attention received (and deservedly so) in the beginning of the year and the "non-stat" things he does on the ice.

It is well deserved, but, if the WCHA ROTY goes on JUST WCHA play, I don't think Vanek winning it was such a shock. In fact, it just goes to show how much the voters think of him despite the Sioux's less than great showing in the last half of the season.

Needless to say, I expect him to be in the "Hat Trick" of HB finalists next year.