SiouxSports.com Forum

God Bless the Fighting Sioux

kfah1

What is there to say? It seems to me anyways, that this year's loss to BC seems rougher to accept than last year.

What I can say though, even though the season is now at an end, is that is was quite a ride.

Only through the team's grit, determination and tenacity were we (the fans) able to enjoy and cheer as long as we did this season. As tough as this loss is to the fans, it's tougher on the team (which we all know... I'm telling anyone anything new).

My 8 year old son comes up to me after the game, stating, "I'm sorry they lost Dad." What is there to say than... "It's okay, it's been a great year."

For the sake of preventing me from rambling on...

It has been a great year. I love the Fighting Sioux. I love what they've accomplished. I love being a fan.

I think we all do...

God Bless the Fighting Sioux

My team, win or lose, they're my team!!! It's been a fantastic year for us fan's.

I want to cry thinking about how bad the team must be feeling right now. I just want them to know, they have NOTHING to be ashamed of. The way they pulled out of the hole and ended up as one of the four top teams is the country is nothing short of phenomenal.

My team, win or lose, they're my team!!! It's been a fantastic year for us fan's.

I want to cry thinking about how bad the team must be feeling right now. I just want them to know, they have NOTHING to be ashamed of. The way they pulled out of the hole and ended up as one of the four top teams is the country is nothing short of phenomenal.

From the hole to the Frozen Four. What a trip!

This team really showed maturity despite having only 3 seniors. I think only 4 seniors played in the game tonight between the two teams.

I really think that this team was special. We're not losing much, if anything, on defense. I think we can make a run again next year!

The biggest disappointment to me isn't so much losing tonight. It's the fact that Saturday marks the end of the college hockey season. Now it's still NBA (does that season ever end?) and the #5 most boring game to watch live on TV: baseball.

Football and hockey, two sports that truly are great.

Just wanted to drop in and congratulate you and your team on an outstanding season. Sure it's a disappointing way to end, but it only ends well for one team every year. I mean, I had my doubts back in December if the Sioux would even make the NCAAs (as I'm sure some of you thought as well).

Anyway, great season. See ya'll next season!

I really think that this team was special. We're not losing much, if anything, on defense. I think we can make a run again next year!

I think you are right, assuming Chorney doesn't leave. And let's hope that we don't lose too many players overall, the bleeding was pretty bad last offseason. If the bleeding is limited and the freshmen adapt and adjust quickly, we'll have a good chance at making another run next year.

And you are also right about baseball and the NBA. The NBA is a joke and baseball isn't interesting until the playoffs. I am now counting the days until Sioux Football 2007!

It was a good year. I enjoyed being at the game that sent the Sioux to the Frozen Four. Overtime win against Minnesota...sweet!

Note, I said a good year. I have no complaints, but the high expectations of this program mean that a great year ends with a national championship, IMHO. Let's hope the team holds together and can produce a great yet in 2007-2008.

My day will now have a hole in it that won't be filled until the Sioux football season begins. If someone had told me in mid December that the Sioux would be playing in the Frozen Four, I would have told them they were nuts. Of course like many of you I was numb after last night's defeat, but today the sun came up and I look back at the season that these players had and you can't help but be proud of what they did and proud to be a Sioux fan.

I'll get back to posting stories regarding GF and UND that nobody reads, but somehow make me feel like I'm living the good life in GF. :silly:

"What a ride" is the absolute truth!

It was a great year for me as a fan ... Why do I watch college? So I can thump my chest and say my team is better than your team? NO!

(okay, so maybe a bit) ... It's entertainment and it builts comradery watching and talking about the games, having a couple beverages on a Friday and Saturday evening during those cold prairie winters ... it does give me pride, living in North Dakota, the way the Sioux compete year after year!

Ultimately I know it's just a game (or at least I'm trying to convince myself it is) and in the grand scope of life, there are many more important things, granted I would have preferred to watch the Sioux win it all on Saturday night, however, that's not the way it's gonna be.

The season started with a lot of frustration starting 5-8-1 in conference play. Christmas came and the boys musta been on Santa's "good" list, cuz he had to have given them something that helped them put it all back together.

What a finish to the season it was... Right down to the last 10 seconds last night, the Sioux were "battling back".

God bless the players, coaches and staff for the effort they put forth last night and all year long! And for the character they showed throughout the year ... granted there were a couple bumps along the way, but getting in trouble is a part of life too, and I am proud to be able to watch the games with my kids and discuss life lessons with them: sportsmanship, the joy of winning and losing, dealing with frustration and disappointment and the value of work and not giving up!

What a ride it was ... I'm looking forward to '07-'08!

I just know it's gonna be a long wait til October! :silly:

From the hole to the Frozen Four. What a trip!

This team really showed maturity despite having only 3 seniors. I think only 4 seniors played in the game tonight between the two teams.

The biggest disappointment to me isn't so much losing tonight. It's the fact that Saturday marks the end of the college hockey season. Now it's still NBA (does that season ever end?) and the #5 most boring game to watch live on TV: baseball.

Football and hockey, two sports that truly are great.

I agree 100% I love the Sioux and Hockey above all else! Thanks for the Great year! Now what am i going to do? :D:lol::silly: . I HATE BASEBALL!!!

now with hcokey done the only thing to do is drink.

Not true there are all kinds of Former Sioux players in the NHL to watch. Also there is 2 more months of NHL hockey to watch.

While I am depressed that the Sioux loss, I have all kinds of hockey to watch. NJ will go far into the playoffs.

Just wanted to drop in and congratulate you and your team on an outstanding season. Sure it's a disappointing way to end, but it only ends well for one team every year. I mean, I had my doubts back in December if the Sioux would even make the NCAAs (as I'm sure some of you thought as well).

Anyway, great season. See ya'll next season!

Thanks ajoyce02!

fightingsioux4life- I think we'll be fine even if we do lose Chorney. Sure, his maturity makes him a shoe in for a letter next season, but we are getting LaPoint and Marto. If anything, we have a log jam at D even with Radke not playing D. I really wonder, assuming we lose no one on D, what is going to happen with 2 extra defensemen? Marto might be able to move to forward based upon what I saw while he was in high school...

THANK YOU Fighting Sioux players and coaches for all of your hard work and another great season. As I have said before, when I started following the program a few years back I had no idea what a successful tradition North Dakota has had. Already looking forward to a terrific Autumn--Rutgers football and North Dakota hockey. Now if I start studying now, maybe I can figure out how to use the webcasts by Fall :silly:

GO FIGHTING SIOUX--WIN THE FOOTBALL OPENER

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS--BEAT BUFFALO

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes reading the congratulations of loyal Fighting Sioux fans. Our guys left it all on the ice in the finest Fighting Sioux tradition! Congratulations to our coaches, players, student section, and loyal fans for a wonderful rollercoaster ride!