SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux got penalties for playing rough, WCHA hockey. BC was the better team tonight though, evidence is in the shots.

I think the Sioux were victimized by some overzealous physical play. Porter's charging penalty (a good call) was very unnecessary. Finley's call was flat out bogus, but would have been a penalty regardless of who was officiating.

We didn't give up. It wasn't an embarrassing effort by far. We REALLY played well all game long but we gave up too many shots.

BC's 3rd goal was a good example of it. Though, I'm still bothered by how many goals Phillippe has given up 5 hole this year...

Badly reffed game in my opinion, both ways, but alot against us though. Though I hate to say it, I have a ton of respect for the BC Eagles and Scneider. Lastly, going to miss Porter, and I think his last goal of the season for the team, and his career, will get him some $$$, that is skill to know where and how to redirect that puck.

Melrose was right that a couple times the D got caught out front looking for the puck and forgetting about their man.

BC played well, got a lot of pucks on net, and didn't make too many bad decisions.

Sioux PP didn't look right, took a couple bad penalties.

I can't help but watch a game like that and think about how some of those calls never happen in a WCHA game.

On a side note, Lee probably should have peeled off on that empty netter. Poor kid is probably gonna take the blame since he was the only guy seen in the play. :silly:

Nice season Sioux, I still think you're one of the best teams in hockey. You fell apart for the last five minutes of a playoff game. It happens. At least you got to the show. Congrats on a hell of a second half of the season.

I'm not going to blame any Sioux player or anyone else for this loss, as disappointing as it was. BC played better and won. They deserved to win.

The Sioux had a great season and showed great character and heart in coming back from a miserable first half.

Hats off to the Eagles. I think they will be national champs.

Calls even? Maybe. Four penalties in the last 6 minutes in a national semifinal game? Pathetic. For both teams. :silly:

It's called makeup officiating. The referee blows a call and makes the difference in the game. He then starts making up the calls. Why? Because he knew he blew it.

Didn't think of that, I was thinking eastern biase!! :lol:

I agree.

I don't think ESPN's coverage has anything to do with how the game goes in either way. I just think that all four teams in the Frozen Four went through a LOT to get to where they are and, just because BC is from New England, it doesn't mean that they deserve more coverage than UND.

I think every team in the Frozen Four deserves equal coverage and equal praise. If you are going to interview a BC player, great! But go out of your way to interview a UND player too. Same thing for parents, fans, and other facts and stats about each team.

See BC fans on the screen doesn't "sicken" me. I just want equal coverage.

Nice season Sioux, I still think you're one of the best teams in hockey. You fell apart for the last five minutes of a playoff game. It happens. At least you got to the show. Congrats on a hell of a second half of the season.

Thank you pstar for the kind comment.

Thanks pstar.

At least you showed some class. Wish I could say the same thing for Hextall.

Thank you. Minnesota deserved to be at the big show, too. I think they're better than either Maine or Michigan State.

It's called makeup officiating. The referee blows a call and makes the difference in the game. He then starts making up the calls. Why? Because he knew he blew it.

I wasn't referring to players taking penalties. IMO, the players weren't allowed to finish a great game.