SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild interview

Sioux fan since '90

I don't know if any of you were watching the Minnesota Wild game last night, but we were, and they interviewed Lucia between the 2nd, and 3rd periods. They asked him about the loss last year to HC, and he replied that it wasn't the loss that bothered them as much as it was the fans, which he made it sound like it was one of the reasons they lost. He said the fans were saying things, and making remarks to the team. He also said these fans didn't know anything about hockey or the game. I can't find the link to it, or i'd post it so you could see it. Leave it to the gophers to blame the fans as one of the reasons why they lost last year. I just want to know what you think, and your responses. :glare::love:

I don't know if any of you were watching the Minnesota Wild game last night, but we were, and they interviewed Lucia between the 2nd, and 3rd periods. They asked him about the loss last year to HC, and he replied that it wasn't the loss that bothered them as much as it was the fans, which he made it sound like it was one of the reasons they lost. He said the fans were saying things, and making remarks to the team. He also said these fans didn't know anything about hockey or the game. I can't find the link to it, or i'd post it so you could see it. Leave it to the gophers to blame the fans as one of the reasons why they lost last year. I just want to know what you think, and your responses. :love::D

Fans don't play the games. tDon whew. :glare:

I don't know if any of you were watching the Minnesota Wild game last night, but we were, and they interviewed Lucia between the 2nd, and 3rd periods. They asked him about the loss last year to HC, and he replied that it wasn't the loss that bothered them as much as it was the fans, which he made it sound like it was one of the reasons they lost. He said the fans were saying things, and making remarks to the team. He also said these fans didn't know anything about hockey or the game. I can't find the link to it, or i'd post it so you could see it. Leave it to the gophers to blame the fans as one of the reasons why they lost last year. I just want to know what you think, and your responses. :glare::love:

I saw it and I didn't really think it was out of line. He basically said that the fans just think that the top programs should steamroll their way past the underdogs every year and that they don't give enough credit to some of the lesser known teams who in many cases are pretty good and hungry for an upset. As much as I dislike tDon I did not see anything wrong with his comments.

I rarely respond to gopher hate threads, but I did catch part of his interview. He used the term: "ignorant" to describe fans. He implied that the team respected Holy Cross' talent, but the fanbase did not. If I were a gopher fan (haha), I would be upset at Don Lucifer.

I rarely respond to gopher hate threads, but I did catch part of his interview. He used the term: "ignorant" to describe fans. He implied that the team respected Holy Cross' talent, but the fanbase did not. If I were a gopher fan (haha), I would be upset at Don Lucifer.

Ignorant fans? The Wooger himself said that the "ONLY" team with "NO CHANCE" to win a game in last year's NCAA tournament was Holy Cross.

First it's the World Juniors, no wait it is meddling NHL teams, no wait is meddling advisors. Now it's the arena crowd. Gee Don who is it really with the lineup you are handed each year? My advice to you and your team is to stop spending so much time in front of the mirror.

The Don will likely find a way to blame either Coors, Pepsi or the DU Gwoz-garden gnome for this weekend's thumping.

If he was talking about fans that do not know the game, that lets the Fighting Sioux fans off the hook! If he was referring to the Gopher fans, I don't think they will appreciate his comments unless of course they are ignorant. :glare:

Lucia knew what the crowd was going to be like here before they even showed up for the regional last year. To blame the crowd, and call the fans ignorant, is just plain wrong. He wasn't complaining about the crowd last weekend at the FF. of course, they won, but if they had lost, would he have blamed the Sioux fans as well for that? :glare:

Wonder if Lucia is feeling some pressure for this w/e ? A loss to Air Force might put him on the hot seat and would invite significant criticism and maybe even demands for a coaching change. Not saying it should but I could see it happening. Back-to-back first round upsets to Atlantic Hockey teams would definitely not sit right with a lot of people.

Minnesota isn't going to lose to AirForce. There is no chance that AirForce can win that game. It won't happen.

Mark it down that you heard it here first. Air Force will be run out of the Building and right on to their team Bus. The game will be like 9-1.

Edited by Goon

Minnesota isn't going to lose to AirForce. There is no chance that AirForce can win that game. It won't happen.

Mark it down that you heard it here first. Air Force will be run out of the Building and right on to their team Bus. The game will be like 9-1.

Wooger, is that you? :glare:

Are you kidding me, Lucia? Did anyone else hear how loud it got at the Xcel Energy center when St. Cloud scored on the Sioux in the semifinal of the Final Five? It was loud, and it was mostly Gopher fans.

I was there...it was very noticeable.

Joe%20Mantegna-Bill%20Swerski.jpg

Uh...I got 'da Gophers winnin' by a score-a chirty-two ta zilch.