SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild interview

Sioux fan since '90

Talk about a gross mis-interpretation of events. He didn't blame the fans on the loss, he said that the reaction to the loss was wrong because essentially on any given night any team can get beat. In essence to assume there was no way for them to lose was ignorant and alas we all found out that was true. Also he didn't call out Gopher fans but fans in general. The actual quote:

I think it's more of an issue for the fans because of their ignorance of some other college hockey programs.

Talk about a gross mis-interpretation of events. He didn't blame the fans on the loss, he said that the reaction to the loss was wrong because essentially on any given night any team can get beat. In essence to assume there was no way for them to lose was ignorant and alas we all found out that was true. Also he didn't call out Gopher fans but fans in general. The actual quote:

He did call the fans ignorant, and not knowing anything about hockey. This from a coach who plays the Sioux every year, and knows what the atmosphere is like at the Ralph. Did you watch the HC game last year? It would make complete sense of what he said if you had seen it.

In Don's defense (okay don't shoot me) didn't he make some comment last year after the loss that while this loss was tough for the Gophers it was good for college hockey, in general? Something to the effect of, it's nice to see some semblance of parity where even the "less competitive" teams can win. I thought I remember hearing that or reading that. I thought that was a pretty stand-up thing to say considering how hard it was on him and his team.

Wooger, is that you? :)

no its tGoon. That being said Air Force has no chance tomorrow afternoon. Maybe its better the Goofs shelack the Falcons and

then hopefully UND can have another crack at them. First things first.

He did call the fans ignorant, and not knowing anything about hockey. This from a coach who plays the Sioux every year, and knows what the atmosphere is like at the Ralph. Did you watch the HC game last year? It would make complete sense of what he said if you had seen it.

Please READ the post that you quoted again, and then see if you can understand that your post makes no sense at all.

I don't have any love for Lucia (unless he'd decide to come coach at UND!), but I thought that what he said AFTER the Holy Cross debacle, and in the MN Wild interview, was pretty classy. He wasn't "blaming" anyone for the loss, just stating the obvious: Fans of upper echelon teams (and yes, the Gophers are there as well as our Sioux are) expect to NEVER lose to a no-name team like Holy Cross.

But $hit happens, and despite fans' expectations, upsets do happen. (Fortunately, upsets of THAT epic proportion have only happened to the Gophers!)

No, let's go take care of those skunk-helmeted Wolverine, tomorrow, and THEN focus attention on the field rodents!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Are you kidding me, Lucia? Did anyone else hear how loud it got at the Xcel Energy center when St. Cloud scored on the Sioux in the semifinal of the Final Five? It was loud, and it was mostly Gopher fans.

Let see here, you have Minnesota fans cheering for a Minnesota team. Wow, what a crime that is.