SiouxSports.com Forum

Departures

siouxhockey5

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very reliable source just said that KO is coming back for another year. Carmen is out a year for academics.

Actually the press release said that Carmen will only miss the first semester. He will rejoin the team shortly after christmas. With Okposo returning the Gophers return every forward on the entire roster from last year's team. I can't remember the last time that happened.

A very reliable source just said that KO is coming back for another year. Carmen is out a year for academics.

I take this to mean that KO didn't get an offer he liked from the Islanders so he went back to UM. I still think he wanted to sign but the Islanders didn't want him to so didn't offer what he is worth or finally talked him into going back for one more year of development which they said he needed all along.

Actually the press release said that Carmen will only miss the first semester. He will rejoin the team shortly after christmas. With Okposo returning the Gophers return every forward on the entire roster from last year's team. I can't remember the last time that happened.

good for the wcha that hes returning. i like his game but lets see what happens for a whole year without hirsch, his numbers dropped a bit after hirsch was booted from umtc. big return for the gophs for sure. i think he will be their top forward and it will be interesting to see what type of numbers he puts up. wonder if goli will return?? sounds like carmen didnt take care of grades to miss the fall semester. dumb move by him.

The same poster that said Okposo was coming back on GPL is now saying that Goligoski is gone.

I posted this on USCHO in the Gopher thread:

Should I go on GPL and tell all the Gopher fans that "even though KO has announced his intentions to return for another season, that doesn't mean anything because it is a long offseason and he could still be persuaded to leave by the Islanders".

At least that's what I was reading on ss.com from Gopher fans after Oshie, Duncan, Chorney, and Finley announced that they were returning. :glare::bigsmile:

:silly:

That is probably a big time fact, everything I have heard and read says he is gone, gone, gone... Kind of like the Kessel last season.

Just a matter of time before he signs the contract.

Care to restate this, son?

Care to restate this, son?

i was wrong, big flippin deal, im sure you are referring to goon son......im glad i was wrong as well. i like KO and his game and its good for the wcha for sure. i think its going to be interesting what type of season he has.......he had BH last year and tore it up and AH he wasnt as dominant but i guess either was the gopher team in whole, oh yeah, BEFORE HRISCH AND AFTER HRISCH in case some were wondering.........

i was wrong, big flippin deal, im sure you are referring to goon son......im glad i was wrong as well. i like KO and his game and its good for the wcha for sure. i think its going to be interesting what type of season he has.......he had BH last year and tore it up and AH he wasnt as dominant but i guess either was the gopher team in whole, oh yeah, BEFORE HRISCH AND AFTER HRISCH in case some were wondering.........

AZ_Sioux I wouldn't even bother with this TROLL anymore, notice how someone else asked him POINT BLANK why he thought it was wishful thinking that KO might be gone and sign a professioal contract. In fact that was the point that there was a good possibility that Kyle Okposo was going to sign a professional contract, it was all over the place, it didn't take a genius to know this. It also wasn

Lou Nannie was interviewed by Dan Barrerio on Tuesday on KFAN 1130 (this interview can be downloaded on your ipod system for your listening pleasure). Lou told Barrerio that he was shocked that Kyle Okposo didnt' sign a professional contract.

Lou Nannie was interviewed by Dan Barrerio on Tuesday on KFAN 1130 (this interview can be downloaded on your ipod system for your listening pleasure). Lou told Barrerio that he was shocked that Kyle Okposo didnt' sign a professional contract.

Based on the article within this link it appears that young Ogopogo and the Islanders disagreed on whether he was ready for the NHL or required AHL seasoning.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=210193&hubname=

To the several individuals you who jumped all over me about a week ago when I stated that the odds of Gollygoski going Pro were greater. Would you like some wine to go with the crow you're dining on. ;)

Based on the article within this link it appears that young Ogopogo and the Islanders disagreed on whether he was ready for the NHL or required AHL seasoning.

[url="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=210193&hubname="]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=210193&hubname=

To the several individuals you who jumped all over me about a week ago when I stated that the odds of Gollygoski going Pro were greater. Would you like some wine to go with the crow you're dining on. ;)

congrats , you win a trophy for thinking goli is more likely to go pro...you should be a professional guesser for your job..... :silly:

congrats , you win a trophy for thinking goli is more likely to go pro...you should be a professional guesser for your job..... ???

No guess work involved :silly: The Pens need to build a solid D quickly before all that young forward talent becomes free agents. They can do part of it through free agency but will also have to do it from within.