SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altitude in COlorado is showing something else, check the schedule, their doing a tape replay. As of right now FSN North 641 is planing on playing the game right after the wild game on saturday about 9:30pm.

http://www.altitude.tv/whatson/default.aspx?day=3/24/2007

Just like years past, we will probably find out on Friday (...late Friday of course) that someone called someone and someone decided that the game must be shown live here in the midwest... so until about 1 1/2 hours before gametime on Saturday... we should all post the positive and not rant until we KNOW we are screwed as the latter is nothing but bad Karma.

Breathe in... breathe out. Breathe in... breathe out. :silly:

Love,

UNDLAW

Altitude does not have it listed on its website yet :angry:

If they don't pick it up, maybe FSNRM will have it?

ALTITUDE AND CSNWS AND ESPN U ALL HAVE IT AT 10 ON TAPE DELAY. I HAVE NOT FOUND A STATION THAT WILL CARRY IT LIVE. THIS SUCKS :silly:

Since the games in all regionals are staggered, FSN and other Fox Sport regionals have shown all regionals beginning to end. The only thing that gets in the way area a scheduled pro sports broadcast (NBA or NHL). So, although the Wild have eliminated a live Sioux/Mich broadcast on FSN, I would think you could find the game, if you have dish or directtv with the sports pak, on other FS regionals. I'd check FOXD first, since the do many Mich games, or do the have a Red Wing or Pistons game scheduled? Anything also out east (NESN?).

FSND IS ONE OF A BUNCH THAT ARE TELEVISING THE EAST FINAL AND THE MIDWEST FINAL ON SAT NIGHT INSTEAD OF A SIOUX/MICH GAME LIVE

ALTITUDE AND CSNWS AND ESPN U ALL HAVE IT AT 10 ON TAPE DELAY. I HAVE NOT FOUND A STATION THAT WILL CARRY IT LIVE. THIS SUCKS :silly:

I might have to play video games until the delay is aired or something. My luck I'd be watching the Wild game and they'll give some scores from around college hockey or something.

If Midco does carry it on FSSN, that does not necessarily mean that it will be available via a free air transmission, right? i.e. those of us stuck in the boonies with just our Sioux Satellite dishes may not be able to get the game anyway...

FSSN IS A JOKE. IT IS NOT EVEN A REAL TV CHANNEL. 98% of the time they have junk.

I might have to play video games until the delay is aired or something. My luck I'd be watching the Wild game and they'll give some scores from around college hockey or something.

or just listen to TH on the radio live..classic :angry:

FSSN IS A JOKE. IT IS NOT EVEN A REAL TV CHANNEL. 98% of the time they have junk.

FSSN wasn't set up to be a regular TV channel. It was set up to show home hockey games, and occasional football games or away games. The rest of the time it is set up as a billboard for REA.

I think the reason we are on tape delay Saturday has a lot to do with the possibility that Notre Dame may be in the Midwest Final and they will potentially draw a large viewing audience. Plus, it is a regional FINAL game and not a Semifinal game. I am not sure how ESPNU will show the Midwest Regional starting at 7:30PM and hope that it is over in 2 1/2 hours and start showing the Sioux game at 10PM??? Hopefully it will be on FSSN and they will broadcast it on the internet feed LIVE at 6:30.

For those interested in CN8.TV here is a link to their schedule at http://ne.cn8.tv/channel/channelhome.asp?lChannelID=661 . Just go to the CN8 Live Sports Coverage area on the right bottom part of the page and choose College Hockey in the drop down menu. They don't say anything in the schedule about the Saturday game but it might be on at 10PM even though it is not on the schedule since they are broadcasting ESPNU games over this feed. If the Sioux advance to the final and it isn't on TV in your area, you might be able to watch the game on Sunday via the CN8.TV internet feed at 5PM CST since it is on the schedule.

Hopefully I will be able to see the game(s) live somewhere in the Chicago area!

I received an e-mail from Midco that said it was going to be televised on FSSN channel 23 in select ND areas including the Grand Forks cluster. Anyone outside of ND, including myself will have to call and beg that they expand their coverage.

I am continually surprised at how upset people get with FSSN. I for one feel really lucky to be getting all of the home games as I don't live in GF. It sure beats several years ago when I would have to call the radio station after the game to see who won!

-And whats with this espn syndication crap? I saw another schedule somewhere where i saw nothing but espn sydication :silly: thats all new to me!

ESPN holds the rights to the games. Syndicated means they can farm it out to anyone who will pony up the money. Hence the name "ESPN Syndication"

If you watch bouncey ball and in the score area it shows "ESPN +" thats ESPN syndicated.

ESPN produces the game and just lets stations pay to pick up the game. Here in Mpls the Big 10 bouncey ball was on Channel 45 all the time.

For the stations that pick it up, they don't have to spend all that money sending a production crew to the game and paying for an uplink. They pay ESPN a "rights fee" to show the game.

I received an e-mail from Midco that said it was going to be televised on FSSN channel 23 in select ND areas including the Grand Forks cluster. Anyone outside of ND, including myself will have to call and beg that they expand their coverage.

I am continually surprised at how upset people get with FSSN. I for one feel really lucky to be getting all of the home games as I don't live in GF. It sure beats several years ago when I would have to call the radio station after the game to see who won!

GREAT News!!

One quick question....did they state that it would be aired live or tape delayed? :silly:

GREAT News!!

One quick question....did they state that it would be aired live or tape delayed? :silly:

It is. This question has been asked before, but I think without an answer.

Will the FSSN coverage mean that the game will be available on free satellite? Or is that a setup on for live games

in the arena. I suppose that I can find that out tonight if I can pick up the women's bb game on the FSSN satellite dish.

Hum, I think I predicted this. My crystal ball still works.

I will never critisize FSSN. Back in 87', when UND had arguabally the best college hockey team in history, I think we got to see maybe 7-9 games on TV, including the frozen 4. How many have we been able to see the past few years? My guess if over 20 each year!

I will never critisize FSSN. Back in 87', when UND had arguabally the best college hockey team in history, I think we got to see maybe 7-9 games on TV, including the frozen 4. How many have we been able to see the past few years? My guess if over 20 each year!

all home games though. I just go to the game! :angry: Ill really start to give props when the road games are more televised. But yeah its nice for the people who cant make it to the games of course. Im glad they picked these games up thats for sure. Are you sure they are not on tape delay? Great news!(unless its on tape delay)

all home games though. I just go to the game! :angry: Ill really start to give props when the road games are more televised. But yeah its nice for the people who cant make it to the games of course. Im glad they picked these games up thats for sure. Are you sure they are not on tape delay? Great news!(unless its on tape delay)

From an e-mail I received from an individual who works at Midco, it indicated that the games would be shown live in select areas of ND including the Grand Forks area. Obviously until they officially announce anything can happen but right now it looks good. I would think something would be announced today.