SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 WCHA Final 5 thoughts & predictions

AZSIOUX

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT! :angry:

USCHO has posted my feature about Philippe Lamoureux:

North Dakota's Better Half

Goalie Lamoureux Helps Lead Comeback

Sioux forward Ryan Duncan, a leading candidate for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award, put it like this: "In my opinion, Phil's been the MVP of our second half. He's been the biggest reason why we've turned our season around. He's just been phenomenal."

Lamoureux downplays his role in UND's second-half revival. "It was a small thing for me to elevate my play," he said. "In the grand scheme of things, it was in the hope that the team would have success."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-4. No OT. Except for the outcome, it was a great game.

The Sioux/Gophers Final 5 game from 3-4 years back is still the most entertaining college hockey game I have ever watched. We can only hope for final game like that again this year.

I am praying Tech wins tonight so we are not all bored to death by having to watch Buckey's defensive hockey all weekend. Please MTU, but Bucky in his grave for good this year!

The Sioux/Gophers Final 5 game from 3-4 years back is still the most entertaining college hockey game I have ever watched. We can only hope for final game like that again this year.

I am praying Tech wins tonight so we are not all bored to death by having to watch Buckey's defensive hockey all weekend. Please MTU, but Bucky in his grave for good this year!

Yeah I was at that game..wow! I was so busy with a beer in my hand, yelling at the game, and worried about getting hit with sh*t from gopher fans all at the same time!

I think wisconsin is playing better as of late so I think theyll give the goofs a better run for their money....But I dont want to face the stinkin badgers either so now its dilemma time. GO SIOUX!

Here is an interesting stat that speaks to just how bad Wisconsin's style of play is. UND has 2 defenders that have more points than Wisconsin's leading scorer. They have had good recruiting classes, so this is likely a statement of how Eaves coaches. Again, Wisconsin is where offense goes to die. At least Tech's boring style is new... :angry: Go Tech? ;)

here are my predictions from the north end of Grand Forks!! ha

Thursdays Play-In Game:

Michigan Tech Over Wisconsin

I'm pulling for the The conference Cinderella team

Friday's Games: UND Over St. Cloud

Tech Over Minnesota

yeah yeah i know what ur gunna say minnesota is a better team and blah blah but minnesota in past few weeks havent showed me a championship caliber team so i chose a close game in OT with the Gopher Fans not chantin M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A Minnesota Minnesota eh Gophers but chanting 3rd place is better anyways

3rd place Game: Minnesota Over Border Rival Wisconsin

Championship: No Replay from earlier this year UND Over Tech

From Brad Schlossman's UND hockey blog:

The 10 finalists for the Hobey Baker Award will be announced this afternoon at the WCHA awards banquet in St. Paul's Rivercentre.
We all know Ryan Duncan will be getting a plaque for being the scoring champ. Will he be the player of the year and a Hobey Baker finalist, too?

Just how close are Tech and Wisconsin?

Team KRACH Record SOS 
12. Michigan Tech 67.2380 18-16-5 60.6782
13. Wisconsin 66.8170 17-17-4 66.8170[/code] Or how about:
[code]Team Win % RPI PWR KRACH
12. Michigan Tech 25 17 15 12
13. Wisconsin 29 18 20 13

Run those KRACH numbers out head-to-head and Tech wins 50.157% of the time to Wisconsin's 49.843%. :angry:

Data courtesy: http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/krach.php

Sooo....am I the only one that would rather play Minnesota instead of Wisconsin after sconnie gets done with its route against MTU?;):angry:

The Badgers look goooood.

Agreed on both points! Wisconsin is a scary team right now. . . but then again, so are the SIOUX!!!

Is anyone else listening to the same radio broadcast that I am? These announcers are AWFUL! Yeah... they know a lot about hockey... or at least appear to... but they seem to have forgotten that there is a game going on. They are too busy talking about stuff like how cool it would be if there was an All-WCHA team that could play and All-Star team from other confrences...

I got the link from the wcha website... does anyone else have any other audio?

Tech not looking good at all tonight, down 3 - 0

Not only that but UW is playing hockey while MTU is just taking up space.

Woog and Masucko say Teslak isn't playing his best but I disagree. I think Teslak is playing fine. He just isn't used to playing 5 on 0 hockey with his side being the 0

Tech turned it up a notch or two, finally they are skating. Nearly a double-piper!

True.

Hey, on a side note, how much does FSN like the Huskies? They interview Chris Tok just long enough to answer one question and then interview two Badgers, one per intermission. Quality.

I'm always impressed by games like this. I'm understanding when FSN is homeristic towards a Minnesota team, but when neither team is from Minnesota, I would have THOUGHT it would be pretty even keeled.

God bless all or none in the contracts because I doubt FSN would televise this game without a Minnesota team in it if they could get away with it.

I'm always impressed by games like this. I'm understanding when FSN is homeristic towards a Minnesota team, but when neither team is from Minnesota, I would have THOUGHT it would be pretty even keeled.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the fact that MTU hasn't exactly provided a lot of highlights in this game.

haha... I just got a phone call from my friend who is in New York City for spring break... they are going to the Today Show tomorrow morning and made signs that say "Good Luck Sioux in the WCHA Final Five" and "Duncan for Hobey"... so if you are up that early in the morning you should look and see if you see them... because I certainly plan to be sleeping!!!

True.

Hey, on a side note, how much does FSN like the Huskies? They interview Chris Tok just long enough to answer one question and then interview two Badgers, one per intermission. Quality.

God bless all or none in the contracts because I doubt FSN would televise this game without a Minnesota team in it if they could get away with it.

On the game intro they talked about there being four top goalies and one great line. Guess which goalie wasn't included?