SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 WCHA Final 5 thoughts & predictions

AZSIOUX

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They prefer "Landcow Arena .... - Mankato". :D

Oops! I'm preparing my formal letter of apology to the University of Mankato Minnesota... no, the University of Minnesota - Manka... no Mankato State Univ...... no....

Landcow U. It'll be in the mail tonight. :lol:

They prefer "Landcow Arena .... - Mankato". :blush:

Excuse me very much, but it's The Midwest Mankato Minnesota State Wireless Alltel Civic Center at Mankato University of Minnesota State Wireless Center. Get it right.

Thanks for knocking off SCSU today. Now do the same to UMTC tomorrow and I'll be a happy man.

Gophers played a very solid game last night. I don't have the confident feeling going into tonite's game that I had going into yesterday's. I guess the question is whether the gophers can play that way consistently, that is still a question mark. But it seems like they might be finding some of that early year spark.

Sioux will need solid play up and down the lineup just like yesterday, and physical play again.

Gophers played a very solid game last night. I don't have the confident feeling going into tonite's game that I had going into yesterday's. I guess the question is whether the gophers can play that way consistently, that is still a question mark. But it seems like they might be finding some of that early year spark.

Sioux will need solid play up and down the lineup just like yesterday, and physical play again.

I don't know what to make of this game. Obviously UND made UM look a silly the last time but the Gophers seem to be getting back to where they were earlier in the season. Whether or not they are all the way back or not remains to be seen. My thought is that unless UND doesn't play like they have lately, the Gophers will have to play sharp early and keep it close in the 3rd. Move UND forwards away from Briggs and don't give up too many odd-man rushes because no one is finishing better than UND. If SCSU was nearly as strong yesterday at that as UND was they might have kept that game closer.

One key lately for UM is they've had a few come from behind wins which imho represents some grit. Okposo was like a bull last night, and Lucia, Carman and Barribal are also playing as feisty as they had earlier. They need the same from guys like Kaufmann and Flynn, and the defensemen are going to have the play the body.

The Gophers' biggest weak spot right now imho is their PP. Too much passing around the peremiter and not enough play down low. They need to approach the PP almost as if they didn't have a mad advantage - in other words don't take it for granted and force the play instead of waiting for something to happen.

Either way lets hope this is another UND-UM classice WCHA Final Five championship game - and hopefully with the same result as last time. :lol:

well after todays performance i will say, im glad the sioux followed up rebounds......

maybe someone was watching the umd-scsu tapes :lol:

Exactly. Whoever posted on here that Bobby G was giving up rebounds in the slot should be given a medal. I was looking for it and thats all he gave up all day. VV took advantage of them. It seems like all of the goalies i have seen play down here have been giving up juicy rebounds with Lammy being the exception. Who has poor goaltending now?:blush:???:D

Exactly. Whoever posted on here that Bobby G was giving up rebounds in the slot should be given a medal. I was looking for it and thats all he gave up all day. VV took advantage of them. It seems like all of the goalies i have seen play down here have been giving up juicy rebounds with Lammy being the exception. Who has poor goaltending now?:D??? :D

why thank you, ill take that medal and hope the sioux get one in the next couple weeks too! or shall i say trophy..

But the offense ... took charge ... scoring four goals in each game ...

That is "took charge"?

Four goals in back to back games? An eight goal weekend?

Note to the Fighting Sioux:

"Take charge" in Denver this weekend is way more than eight goals.