SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 WCHA Final 5 thoughts & predictions

AZSIOUX

As long as we keep playing teams from Minnesota, I like our chances.

On the season: 12-0-4. If they are the State of Hockey, what does that make us?

(Well I actually like our chances against teams not from Minnesota too.)

The "State of Hockey" was started by the Wild and it is in referrence to the amount of hockey players from youth to the pros that come from the state of Minnesota. As for college I heard a stat that 25% of all college players come from Minnesota, infact eight of UND players are from Minnesota.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "State of Hockey" was started by the Wild and it is in referrence to the amount of hockey players from youth to the pros that come from the state of Minnesota. As for college I heard a stat that 25% of all college players come from Minnesota, infact eight of UND players are from Minnesota.

And yet we still have to endure comments from Gopher fans about "25 year old Canadians."

old school hockey just told me ...............

Dubay is trying to put the kiss of death on our boys ;) ........... he just predicted the Sioux to win the F5 and F4

What does Sid say? :) Oh wait, somebody needs to remind him that hockey even exists, again ... :D:lol:

And as an aside, "State of Hockey" was used to describe Minnesota before The Wild, whatever that is, came into being. It was/is also used by various wags in the state of Michigan.

Being the lower seed, I would assume that UND would be away.

i believe he/she was asking what end they shoot at and yes they will be in green or black (undefeated i think in black) but i love the green at the X, or save the GREEN for st pattys day at the X :D

You have it all wrong hockey 1 ............. it is now called the "state of dairy queen" :D

Do you think st clown will have the dq cup in the dressing room for inspiration on Friday at 2:05 :lol:

He stopped 67 of 69 shots he faced last night. He gave up 7 goals in almost four games this weekend. I don't know if I'd say he's off his game.

im guessing you havent seen him play much, and guessing you also didnt see the games this weekend. with that said, minus stats and whats on paper he was off his game. you have to remember scsu was playing one of the lowest scoring teams in the league too. like i said before, when you put the rebounds he was letting lay paired with a DECENT or DOT offensive line, there are going to be many goals scored. duluth just never seemed to get it in their head to follow up their shots.

If you win the division you get the WCHA banner right, or is it who wins the final five. Im brain dead today!

You must be brain dead. The WCHA is a conference, not a division. Teams can hang a banner for whatever they want. Go to Mankato some time. Some nice NCAA appearance banners.

You must be brain dead. The WCHA is a conference, not a division. Teams can hang a banner for whatever they want. Go to Mankato some time. Some nice NCAA appearance banners.

Sioux only hang banners for National and WCHA Regular Season Championships. SCCC also has Participation Banners.

Sioux only hang banners for National and WCHA Regular Season Championships. SCCC also has Participation Banners.

WOW! settle down people. I know they only hang national and WCHA banners. The question, as stated, "Does the WCHA banner go to the winner of the 'conference' or the winner of the final five." But I got it now, and the goofs own the banner for 2006-2007.

You have it all wrong hockey 1 ............. it is now called the "state of dairy queen" :)

Do you think st clown will have the dq cup in the dressing room for inspiration on Friday at 2:05 :lol:

Do you suppose they each take a lick before hitting the ice? :lol:

Let's go with Black jerseys on Friday! They've worked the last Friday they were in the TC's

I might actually get a chance to head down saturday to watch the championship game. I was just curious to anyone who has ever gotten scalped tickets in front of the Xcel. This is probably the way im going to get tickets and if anyone has heard or ever gotten tickets this way, could you tell me the price/prices of tickets? I know you can always get em, but its just the fact of how much they go for :) It is suppose to be against the law to increase scalped ticket prices in Mn right.(not that that will hold anyone back from doing so)