SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 WCHA Final 5 thoughts & predictions

AZSIOUX

I might actually get a chance to head down saturday to watch the championship game. I was just curious to anyone who has ever gotten scalped tickets in front of the Xcel. This is probably the way im going to get tickets and if anyone has heard or ever gotten tickets this way, could you tell me the price/prices of tickets? I know you can always get em, but its just the fact of how much they go for :) It is suppose to be against the law to increase scalped ticket prices in Mn right.(not that that will hold anyone back from doing so)

bring some nice cash if its sioux vs gophs..legal or not its a business and a money making one at that if its the right matchup.....if its sioux badgers ten it wont be that bad.....face value lowr level or club for title game tix is around 50 bucks or so...upper a ittle less behind the net...70-100 will get you in someway depending on the seat location if its sioux gophers....i sure hope thats the matchup but i think sconnie will take them down....:lol:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bring some nice cash if its sioux vs gophs..legal or not its a business and a money making one at that if its the right matchup.....if its sioux badgers ten it wont be that bad.....face value lowr level or club for title game tix is around 50 bucks or so...upper a ittle less behind the net...70-100 will get you in someway depending on the seat location if its sioux gophers....i sure hope thats the matchup but i think sconnie will take them down....:D

Thanks :lol: Im hoping to run into the random nice people who have a couple extra tickets and will sell them for a very reasonable cost :lol:

Tech over Wisc (I don't think anyone has picked this yet...so I'll give some underdog love to Tech!)

SIOUX over the noodle legged Huskies from SCCC (5-1 Gofart pulled after 1st period)

Minnesota over Tech (barely, 2-1 or 1-0)

Sioux over Minnesota

(Tech beats JBSU in the third place game)

Tech over Wisc (I don't think anyone has picked this yet...so I'll give some underdog love to Tech!)

SIOUX over the noodle legged Huskies from SCCC (5-1 Gofart pulled after 1st period)

Minnesota over Tech (barely, 2-1 or 1-0)

Sioux over Minnesota

(Tech beats JBSU in the third place game)

this guy must have seen the same game i did that goepfert played last weekend...not very good.

alright i guess friday will tell if hes off his game or not. im from st cloud and i have noticed he isnt playing as he has been earlier this year. he definitely hasnt been controlling his rebounds like he usually does. all im saying is I think the sioux are going to tear him up if they saw any of that series and he doesnt fix his rebound problem.

alright i guess friday will tell if hes off his game or not. im from st cloud and i have noticed he isnt playing as he has been earlier this year. he definitely hasnt been controlling his rebounds like he usually does. all im saying is I think the sioux are going to tear him up if they saw any of that series and he doesnt fix his rebound problem.

i agree sccc hasnt ben playing nearly as good as they were ealrier in the year, they are 4-3-3 in the last 10, not to great....so lets jump on early and kick some husky azz

Good draw, I expect the sioux to play bucky in the championship.

Nope... UND v. UMtc for the championship. Duncan with the hat trick and the DOT line with 8 points overall as the Sioux win 4-3. Save this post as I am going Nastradamus on y'all with this prediction!!!

im guessing you havent seen him play much, and guessing you also didnt see the games this weekend. with that said, minus stats and whats on paper he was off his game. you have to remember scsu was playing one of the lowest scoring teams in the league too. like i said before, when you put the rebounds he was letting lay paired with a DECENT or DOT offensive line, there are going to be many goals scored. duluth just never seemed to get it in their head to follow up their shots.

Fine, if you want to look forward to playing a Senior, All-American, and Hobey Baker finalist coming off possibly his greatest performance ever in a game where his team needed him to be that good, then have at it.

Not only will SCSU be tired from their long series but they're also a little dinged up. Borer did get hurt (shoulder/arm) in the first period on Sunday but actually returned later in the game. Gordon also got hurt (ankle/knee) and did not return. Anyone know his status for Friday?

On the telecast I watched they said Gordon returned.

It's time to update the stats comparison between SCSU and UND. Yes, I know stats don't win games, but they do provide useful comparisons and they do show trends. First, here are the overall stats for the season on each team:

SCSU 2006-2007 totals to date - 37 games at 22-8-7 (.689)

Total goals for = 121

Total goals against = 85

Average goals scored per game = 3.27

Average goals against per game = 2.30

Average scoring margin per game = +0.97

UND 2006-2007 totals to date - 38 games at 21-12-5 (.618)

Total goals for = 130

Total goals against = 98

Average goals scored per game = 3.42

Average goals against per game = 2.58

Average scoring margin per game = +0.84

Frankly, after how poorly the Sioux played the first half of the season, I'm surprised that the overall stats are as close as they are. The Sioux are a better offensive team and SCSU is a better defensive team. I'm sure that surprises nobody. This is a comparison of each team during the first half of the season:

SCSU to Dec. 9, 2006 - 16 games at 10-3-3 (.719)

Total goals for = 57

Total goals against = 34

Average goals scored per game = 3.56

Average goals against per game = 2.13

Average scoring margin per game = +1.43

UND to Dec. 16, 2006 - 18 games at 7-10-1 (.417)

Total goals for = 54

Total goals against = 57

Average goals scored per game = 3.00

Average goals against per game = 3.17

Average scoring margin per game = -0.17

The real story is UND's turnaround in the second half of the season. Here's what the stats reveal for that time period:

SCSU since Dec. 29, 2006 - 21 games at 12-5-4 (.667)

Total goals for = 64

Total goals against = 51

Average goals scored per game = 3.05

Average goals against per game = 2.43

Average scoring margin = +0.62

UND since Dec. 29, 2006 - 20 games at 14-2-4 (.800)

Total goals for = 76

Total goals against = 41

Average goals scored per game = 3.80

Average goals against per game = 2.05

Average scoring margin = +1.75

The reason I compiled these stats before the two teams met last time was because I didn't buy the spin that SCSU was playing better than it was when the Huskies went 0-1-1 in Grand Forks. UND not only compiled a better record than SCSU in the second half of the season, it did it against tougher competition (and UND has played tougher competition since then). That's why I wasn't surprised that the Sioux did as well as they did in St. Cloud. The Sioux were playing much better than they were early in the season and the Huskies weren't playing as well.

Finally, I realize that UND's 7-2 win at St. Cloud could be considered an anomaly in the stats because Goepfert barely played. But I'm not a fan of the "if you throw this/these game(s) out" school of thought for stats comparisons. The bottom line (to use Hakstol's favorite clich

Fine, if you want to look forward to playing a Senior, All-American, and Hobey Baker finalist coming off possibly his greatest performance ever in a game where his team needed him to be that good, then have at it.

i look forward to playing a senior, junior, sophomore, freshman or all american, hobey candidate or whatever the goalies credentials when i have the DOT line on my side...

is someone still a little bitter about whats been happening down in the land of smelly rodents?

Ok, I don't know if I should press my luck after the first round, but I gotta try it, just to give my support to my team.

Here's what I HOPE happens at the Final Five.

Tech beats Wisco, since Tech swept UND at home, we want them to remain a TUC, for sure.

UND gets by St. Cloud, then Minnesota beats Tech Friday night.

Tech comes back Saturday afternoon and beats St. Cloud, UND beats the Gophers Saturday night, which means that St. Cloud, with 2 losses on the weekend, drops to #5 in the pairwise, UND with 2 wins moves up to 4, and gets a #1 seed. Of course, this only happens with certain other teams winning/losing in their respective conferences, but hey, we can only worry about our own, right? :angry:

Not only will SCSU be tired from their long series but they're also a little dinged up. Borer did get hurt (shoulder/arm) in the first period on Sunday but actually returned later in the game. Gordon also got hurt (ankle/knee) and did not return. Anyone know his status for Friday?

Gordon cramped up (menstrual?), but did return to the game.

tech isnt gona fall out of the pairwise. they are in the mid teens i believe...lose or not..they are no falling out...go sioux...woop some azzzzzzz..just hopping on plan ti minny..wooooooooooooooooo..time for some el drinkos...:angry: