SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

If there's a year where a team could finish 4th in the WCHA and AVOID the play-in game at the Final Five, this could be it. There seems enough strength in the lower teams that an upset of a home team is a distinct possibility.

Good Point. I think we've benefited like this in the past.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of thoughts/questions;

A) I would think that FSSN would pick up CC-14's broadcast. They have in the past. CC-14 is broadcasting both nights, not just Friday's like those clowns on FSN.

B) If Denver and NoDak end up tied, who does the tiebreaker go to, and what are the tiebreakers?

C) If this has already been covered, I apologize, but I really did skim through the last 4 pages on this thread and didn't see anything about A or B.

A) I would think that FSSN would pick up CC-14's broadcast. They have in the past. CC-14 is broadcasting both nights, not just Friday's like those clowns on FSN.

B) If Denver and NoDak end up tied, who does the tiebreaker go to, and what are the tiebreakers?

C) If this has already been covered, I apologize, but I really did skim through the last 4 pages on this thread and didn't see anything about A or B.

That is a really good question.

I'm not sure how far Charter goes, but I watch 99% of the hockey games they broadcast and I can't remember getting a St Cloud game when they didn't play someone that they normally cover. Like MN on the normal channel or DU on Rocky Mt.

This site list the games as being televised on Charter MS cable channel 14 in the St. Cloud area, I assume Charter is a communications company providing cable/internet, etc tor that area. Wondering if they may go out as far as Fergus? Couldn't get 790AM (from Fargo) on the radio when last in Fergus (even though Fargo is only 50 miles away), so, unless Charter is in Fergus, I'll have to find a notebook PC just to know what's going on this weekend.

This site list the games as being televised on Charter MS cable channel 14 in the St. Cloud area, I assume Charter is a communications company providing cable/internet, etc tor that area. Wondering if they may go out as far as Fergus? Couldn't get 790AM (from Fargo) on the radio when last in Fergus (even though Fargo is only 50 miles away), so, unless Charter is in Fergus, I'll have to find a notebook PC just to know what's going on this weekend.

There is no reason they can't pick this game up this weekend. FSSN probably won't but I wish they would.

I wish WDAZ would pick up the games.

I tried using the "What If" function on Siouxsports.com, but was able to put either UND and DU in third and fourth, with them being tied in pts. Not a well worded sentence, actually confusing...Siouxsports.com's "what if function", had no tie breaker set up, is what I was trying to say.

I wish Pat would get in his little WDAZ van, drive to st cloud, and tap a little wire into a dish and BROADCAST THE EFFIN GAME!

Aint going to happen because WDAZ is a second rate tv station. Second they are more concerned about pre-empting re-runs.

So I am just going to forget about it.

I tried using the "What If" function on Siouxsports.com, but was able to put either UND and DU in third and fourth, with them being tied in pts. Not a well worded sentence, actually confusing...Siouxsports.com's "what if function", had no tie breaker set up, is what I was trying to say.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I did some searching and found this on the WCHA website on a memo. It looks like that if Denver and UND tied this weekend for 3rd, we would have to look at tie-breaker #4(letter D) to break the tie.

The first tie-breaker(Letter A) doesn't break the tie since we split the season series with DU. For UND and DU to tie in points, the second tie-breaker(Letter B) wouldn't break the tie since both teams would have identical records in league play of 13-11-4. The third tie-breaker(Letter C) doesn't apply to these teams, so we move on to the fourth tie-breaker(Letter D). And we can't figure that tie-breaker out until after the games are played this weekend. But, right now, UND is a +13 in league play for goal differential while Denver is only a +3.

From WCHA.com:

In the event that ties are encountered in the determination of WCHA ranking or designation of home teams for playoff purposes,

the following procedures will be used in the order given to break the ties:

a) If two or more teams are tied, head-to-head competition during the regular (conference) season will be used to break

the tie.

b) If two or more teams are still tied after (a), the highest seed will go to the team with the most WCHA (conference) wins

during the regular season.

c) If two or more teams played a four-game series during the regular season and the teams have the same win-loss records

for those series and the same number of WCHA wins, the team having the least number of goals scored against it in the fourgame

series shall have the higher rank. If two or more teams played a two-game series during the regular season proceed to

tie-breaker d).

d) If two or more teams are still tied after applying the provisions of (a), (b) and

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I did some searching and found this on the WCHA website on a memo. It looks like that if Denver and UND tied this weekend for 3rd, we would have to look at tie-breaker #4(letter D) to break the tie.

The first tie-breaker(Letter A) doesn't break the tie since we split the season series with DU. For UND and DU to tie in points, the second tie-breaker(Letter B) wouldn't break the tie since both teams would have identical records in league play of 13-11-4. The third tie-breaker(Letter C) doesn't apply to these teams, so we move on to the fourth tie-breaker(Letter D). And we can't figure that tie-breaker out until after the games are played this weekend. But, right now, UND is a +13 in league play for goal differential while Denver is only a +3.

From WCHA.com:

From WCHA.com:

From WCHA.com:

Although getting a 3 seed is nicer, would you rather have to play a streaky Wisconsin team again, or MSU-Mankato....?

Just a thought. Mankato and Wisconsin might not even finish in the 6th and 7th spots.

Neither sound appealing... but I'd choose MSUM. Wisconsin holds better cards, IMO in the goaltending/ coaching/ and raw talent categories.

(even though 'kato wins the grit/ something to prove/ "no I in team" categories)

I saw it earlier in this thread, and will just reiterate that you guys definately want the goofers to win on Friday night. If they do, and the Huskies also win, then SCSU will have almost NOTHING to play for on Saturday night (second in the WCHA locked up, top seed in the PWR most likely locked up). You'll get the backup goalie Weslosky (who isn't bad at all), and you'll see alot of third and fourth line guys, some of whom have less than an hour of total icetime all season!

If the Sioux win on Friday night, Motzko will want to win Saturday to solidify that #1 NCAA seed and to get momentum back for the WCHA playoffs. So, you'll still likely see Weslosky, but the third and fourth liners won't get as much time.

Should be a good matchup. I hope Duncan and Lasch start a fight!

Motzko was in the paper saying something to the affect that they pretty much CAN'T lose a #1 seed regardless of what happens to them from here on out. Maybe some of that MN "meaningless game" magic will still be with him....

Yeah, I hope that's true, but I bet some MIT grad could figure a way for the Huskies to still lose it. Anyway, they still have that momentum thing to worry about. Also, I'm sure the NHC crowd will still be abnormally rowdy since destroying the goophers last Friday. The buzz surrounding the team is near an all-time high and I think the atmosphere will be especially hostile to the opposing team. The Sioux could do themselves a HUGE favor by scoring first. The arena will instantly become a marihoochie style funeral home.

BTW, the "meaningless game" magic stayed in the Twin Cites with Luciapet. :(