SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ COLORADO COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

logos_siouxhead.gifVS cc.gif

Another big series. Lets keep the wins coming and get back in the thick of things. No Toews and probably no Chorney or Lee again. I guess there is a chance they make it back if USA loses tomorrow though. Lets go sioux. CC has Billy Sweat at the WJT also. Very solid player potentially missing for them. SIOUX coming off holiday tourney win beating Dartmouth and St. lawrence and CC coming off home split vs Bemidji St.

2006 SERIES RESULTS, SIOUX VS CC IN GRAND FORKS

11/24/06, FRI- 4-3 CC WIN

11/25/06, SAT-5-2 SIOUX WIN

SIOUX 17th in Pairwise rankings with 5-3-1 bonus

Overall Record: 9-10-1 (.475)

WCHA: 5-8-1, 11 points

Home: 4-7-1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logos_siouxhead.gifVS cc.gif

Another big series. Lets keep the wins coming and get back in the thick of things. No Toews and probably no Chorney or Lee again. I guess there is a chance they make it back if USA loses tomorrow though. Lets go sioux. CC has Billy Sweat at the WJT also. Very solid player potentially missing for them. SIOUX coming off holiday tourney win beating Dartmouth and St. lawrence and CC coming off home split vs Bemidji St.

2006 SERIES RESULTS, SIOUX VS CC IN GRAND FORKS

11/24/06, FRI- 4-2 SIOUX WIN

11/25/06, SAT-5-2 CC WIN

SIOUX 17th in Pairwise rankings with 5-3-1 bonus

Overall Record: 9-10-1 (.475)

WCHA: 5-8-1, 11 points

Home: 4-7-1

yeah well, the 3 guys getting back from sweden whenever that may be dont have 3 weeks to get their legs back. january may make or break our season and chances at the NC$$'s with 6 games vs top 15 pairwise teams in cc, bsu and umtc. very very important stretch for the sioux....

yeah well, the 3 guys getting back from sweden whenever that may be dont have 3 weeks to get their legs back. january may make or break our season and chances at the NC$$'s with 6 games vs top 15 pairwise teams in cc, bsu and umtc. very very important stretch for the sioux....

Yes the stretch run begins this weekend! Any chance the CC games will be carried on TV in the GF area?

Need 2 wins. No excuses, no losses, no ties...

A split here will really not help us much with the hole we have dug. It is very hard to sweep on the road but if there ever was a time to do it this is it. We are desperate for league points. The boys need to find a way to get the job done.

Thoughts??? Buy your tickets now through the World Arena website, call the boss and take Friday off, and get in the car, load the friends and family, and take a road trip across the Plains. Anyone within a thousand miles of Colorado Springs oughta be in the building.

Madison to Colorado Springs is 1035 miles according to Mapquest. If you pay for my gas, I'll make the trip!

:lol:

I'd like to see a sweep, and it may be necessary for tourney hopes. Right now I'd be happy with a split, and 2 well-played games. To me, at least that would show the Sioux are on track.

Seriously I would be happy to just get points this weekend. Two loses will pretty much wrap up the season for them. They aren't going to win the final five from the play in game. I think if the Sioux play defense this weekend like they did last weekend we will be ok, I know that the EZAC isn't a very good league and we are 3-0 against teams in that league, but its something to build on. If the Sioux returns to the form of poor goaltending and porous defense it will be a long series, and basically the beginning of the end for UND. I don't think C.C. is that good of a team so its possible to win.

Seriously I would be happy to just get points this weekend. Two loses will pretty much wrap up the season for them. They aren't going to win the final five from the play in game. I think if the Sioux play defense this weekend like they did last weekend we will be ok, I know that the EZAC isn't a very good league and we are 3-0 against teams in that league, but its something to build on. If the Sioux returns to the form of poor goaltending and porous defense it will be a long series, and basically the beginning of the end for UND. I don't think C.C. is that good of a team so its possible to win.

This will be a much stiffer test to see if this team has turned any type of corner or not. It was great to get two wins last weekend but neither of those two teams were exactly strong competition. St. Lawrence is usually pretty decent but have struggled some this year. It is always tough to win at the World arena with the altitude adjustment and such. It will be a great test to see if we can get the ball rolling for the second half.

Sorry bvf. I am only reimbursing gasoline for those traveling under 1000 miles.

Thanks for being so honest on the mileage ticker.

Dude, if Grand Forks is under 1000, I'll be waiting for my gas voucher. :lol: Send it FedEx please. I promise to carpool so you don't have to send as many voucher's.

Madison to Colorado Springs is 1035 miles according to Mapquest. If you pay for my gas, I'll make the trip!

:lol:

That is weird, I checked mapquest and from my house in the middle of North Dakota, it is 1,088 miles to Colorado Springs. Must be the being farther north or something. My quess is that Grand Forks is over 1000 miles.

Edit: Ok, I checked it again. From Lansford (my home), it is 1093.24 miles to the World Arena. From Grand Forks, it is 1106.25 miles and finally using a random zip for Madison, I got 1036.90.

I know i have a lot of time on my hands so I just had to figure this out.

Don't worry, I will be listening to the radio and cheering our boys to at least one win this weekend (hopefully two).

Ditto. I think I'm about 350 miles from CC (Northern AZ).

Seriously, who's going from GF? Maybe you can bring one of my jerseys with you for me? Where's a good place to stay?

i was gonna go but had to cancel this one due to some stuff that popped up. always a fun time. i lke going to denver even better. maybe that trip will work out

Is there a particular section that the Sioux fans will be sitting in? If I can swing it, I will be leaving Saturday morning and I will be alone so it will be nice if I can meet up with some Sioux fans.

I wonder if the cops at the Ralph would release my sign from custody for this series. I made one that had cute little yellow chickens all over it and it said

CHEEP

CHEAP

PUNKOBITCH

Is there a particular section that the Sioux fans will be sitting in? If I can swing it, I will be leaving Saturday morning and I will be alone so it will be nice if I can meet up with some Sioux fans.

I wonder if the cops at the Ralph would release my sign from custody for this series. I made one that had cute little yellow chickens all over it and it said

CHEEP

CHEAP

PUNKOBITCH

shouldnt you save that sign for when we play denver??

I'm about 5 miles from World Arena and will be there in my hostile and abusive best. May have a few extra tickets now that NDH pulled the plug. The guy finds himself a women and his priorities are now all out of whack. Claims his funds are tight now that he is saving to buy the big rock he has on layaway. 400 more payments and he makes an honest man of himself.

Sioux take two this weekend and start the climb back up the standings.