SiouxSports.com Forum

Mankato vs UMTC

siouxguyinstpaul

What I am hearing from Lets Go Mav's fan is Tormey is done for the season. Tormey has a cut tendon in his hand. Probably played too many games to get a medical redshirt.

I believe the rule is that if you have played less than 20% of the season's games, you can get a medical redshirt. Hence why Trotter could get one last year. Tormey has played in too many when you figure it out. It would have had to be less than seven games and he was playing in his tenth game this season. That completely and totally stinks for him.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way that Wheeler did that on purpose since he was checked into the mankato goalie. I do think the refs were wroing in not giving Peltier and the mankato players third man in penalties. I also believe that the refs did lose control of this game. Also, Wooger said that coaches were not happy with the quality of officiating on Friday night.

Heh, I'm a BIG detractor of Wheeler as any, but I agree. I don't like the Gophers much nor do I care much for their penchant to run opposing goaltenders as much as they do and have done in the past. However, there is NO WAY Wheeler did this intentionally. NO WAY. In fact, I think Woog was right. Tormey should have had his stick in front of the glove. I don't think he'd have gotten injured if he had... or maybe he'd've gotten the skate to the mask. I don't know. But it is truly the biggest tragedy of this hockey season thus far (and hopefully it is the only tragedy this year). And yeah, I know it was bad for DU's Captain, but I think this has far more serious implications. HOw much mobility of that wrist will Tormey lose?

Last I heard it was a tendon, and surgery was supposed to be today.

I did not play hockey as a kid, but am wondering if you are on your back sliding toward the net, do you move your body so you go feet 1st rather then head first? Do you have enough time to make and adjustment?

Anyone here think the Gophers eat their young?

I do believe that a vast majority of the Gopher young are born in the spring (read playoff time) and it is a biological fact that they will be eaten if harsh conditions/famine like conditions exist (read the typical Gopher performance come playoff time). So yes I am on the Gophers eat their young bandwagon. :D

Tormey should have had his stick in front of the glove. I don't think he'd have gotten injured if he had... or maybe he'd've gotten the skate to the mask. I don't know.

I know that's what Woog said, but that is 100% wrong. Everybody knows when you make that sav you're supposed to keep your stick behind your glove in case, for whatever reason, you misplay the puck and don't stop it with your glove. The stick is there as a second line of defense. Tormey didn't have time to bring his stick in front of his glove after he covered it.

That's the type of thing from Woog that really bugs me. He's a great guy, but sometimes extremely poor as an announcer.

so this is the goalie's fault? hmmmmm

Hmmm I can see where you interpretted my post to mean that, but that's not what I meant. If I could edit that post I would to reflect it.

I'm saying, and now Chris has pointed out that I was wrong about, that it may have been avoided had he had his stick there. Chris knows more about this type of thing than I so I'll just admit I was wrong and go on my way.

Any way you put it, really, this could be basically the end of the Mavs as even a spoiler. I really do think that what emotion was shown this past weekend will eventually fade and the Mavs could find themselves in last place at the end of the season. A tough way to fade. Yeah, they may already be in last place, but positions change down the stretch. Like if anyone here thinks UW is going to continue to lose games or MTU continue to win them (sorry MeanEGirl).

With the goophies propensity to stand in the crease, and now run goalies, I hope one of our d-men (uh-hum maybe #2) starts using some brute force to clear out the front of the net.

I have not read anyone mention the Maverick player still churning his legs as he crashed into the Gopher goaltender. I doubt that running over the netminder is a part of the Gopher game plan.

I have not read anyone mention the Maverick player still churning his legs as he crashed into the Gopher goaltender. I doubt that running over the netminder is a part of the Gopher game plan.

So you admit that parking in crease is in fact part of their game plan, or are you denying that as well? As far as running the goaltender, it's happened on more than one occasion this year.

So you admit that parking in crease is in fact part of their game plan, or are you denying that as well? As far as running the goaltender, it's happened on more than one occasion this year.

I actually had not considered parking in the crease one way or the other. The only thing I know for sure about parking in front of the net is you get the crap beat out of you. :D

I was pointing out that for all of the posts on this topic, none had even mentioned, let alone be bothered by the retaliatory crash. As for running the goaltender, I don't think there is an official stat for it, but I doubt the Gophers do it any more than the Sioux, Badgers, Huskies, Wolverines etc.

I actually had not considered parking in the crease one way or the other. The only thing I know for sure about parking in front of the net is you get the crap beat out of you. :D

I was pointing out that for all of the posts on this topic, none had even mentioned, let alone be bothered by the retaliatory crash. As for running the goaltender, I don't think there is an official stat for it, but I doubt the Gophers do it any more than the Sioux, Badgers, Huskies, Wolverines etc.

Granted all teams do it but most fans don't admit it. Kisios run on briggs was bush league and should have been five and a game imho.