SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Coach Fired

siouxhockey5

I'm really curious to see what Dean does. I would think that he still wants to coach. It's gonna be tough for him to get back into the NHL, but I bet a bunch of college programs would love for him to come back to the college ranks.

i think he did what he needed to do in college and wanted to move on in his life. maybe a head coach in the nhl would be the next step!!

i think he did what he needed to do in college and wanted to move on in his life. maybe a head coach in the nhl would be the next step!!

You're correct, but something happened last year to force him off the bench. That's gotta make it tough to get back on someone's bench. Keep in mind that he has only one year as an assistant in the NHL. What was supposed to be his first was the lock out year.

You're correct, but something happened last year to force him off the bench. That's gotta make it tough to get back on someone's bench. Keep in mind that he has only one year as an assistant in the NHL. What was supposed to be his first was the lock out year.

not sure but i thought one of his daughters may have been sick. that could have been a factor. not sure though.

i talked to him before a lue jackets coyotes game last season and he said he was enjoying it and it was tough as well being they had to worry about th blue jackets and theie AHL team as well. if anything he deserves a chance in my book!

not sure but i thought one of his daughters may have been sick. that could have been a factor. not sure though.

i talked to him before a lue jackets coyotes game last season and he said he was enjoying it and it was tough as well being they had to worry about th blue jackets and theie AHL team as well. if anything he deserves a chance in my book!

I thought his daughter being sick was like right before he left or the lock out year.

It's all timing. Blais and Gallant did not see eye to eye and Gallant was given full reign this year without Dean in his shadow and he did not get it done. Hiring the associate is the least disruptive for the team at this point. If he succeeds he could keep the job, if not look for Blais to take over.

Blais was on Bernie Burgraff's radio show last weekend. He said all of his focus is on player development. Bernie asked if he would go back to coaching college and Dean said he would sit down at the end of the year and evaluate everything.

On a side note: Bernie and him talked about NCAA vs. CHL. They had an idea that when an NHL club takes a college player early, the NHL club pays the college the equivalent of the left over scholarship. They said that when a NHL club signs a major junior player early, they have to pay $100,000 to the MJ club. Blais said that the NCAA has to do something to combat the CHL. He hates seeing coaches have to recruit 14, 15, 16 year old kids.